PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder New player building a high level mythic cleric

sethefur
2018-01-15, 12:33 PM
I am pretty new to pathfinder but have been listening to a lot of podcasts and stuff so have a decent idea of how to play. I am with a group of experienced player with super characters and am getting a chance to sort of rebuild my character in game. I am switching to a cleric class and the only thing i cant reset is my race of half orc. im a true neutral cleric of Gozreh. Im level 10 mythic tier 4 and have 62 or 64k gold to work with and we are working with the 25 point skill buy. Also, no 3rd party content. Any suggestions?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-01-15, 01:47 PM
Pathfinder has a lot of options for race and race variants, so you'll need to provide some kind of input on what you're considering switching to. I'd go with something that has a Wis bonus and a Cleric favored class benefit, such as Dwarf or Aasimar. I'd get the Wind (Air) domain, go with a Dwarf with Relentless (+2 CMB to bull rush or overrun, replaces stability), and even consider the Beacon of Faith (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/faith-traits/beacon-of-faith/) trait.

For mythic levels, start here: CTP’s Guide to Pathfinder Mythic Adventures (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?316045-PF-CTP-s-Guide-to-Mythic-Adventures)
Of course you'll want to pick Hierophant and of course you'll want to pick Inspired Spell for your path feature. Take Dual Path if you had your heart set on a different path or path feature. You also definitely want to take Enduring Blessing, which is unbelievably helpful when buffing the party. Hopefully someone in your party will be an Archmage with Crafting Mastery, so everyone can get all their magic items at half price. This alone is worth taking Dual Path for if nobody goes Archmage. You also may want to see if anyone else intended to get Enduring Blessing, since a given character can only have one spell on them at a time that benefits from that. You may want to take Dual Path for Champion or Guardian if you prefer to play your character that way. Be sure to check the base benefits (bonus hp per mythic tier) of each path, use the better one as your base path and use Dual Path to gain the other one.

You'll almost definitely want to learn mythic spells, whether via the Mythic Spellcasting universal path ability or the Mythic Spell Lore mythic feat (depending on whether you value path abilities or mythic feats more). Pick spells that will be impactful for the whole party, like Magic Vestment and Greater Magic Weapon (and use Divine Metamastery or a metamagic rod or Magical Lineage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/magic-traits/magical-lineage/) to Extend each of those). Consider getting a Ring of Transcendent Spells (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-magic-items/other-magic-items/), for if you didn't learn a mythic version of a spell that you happen to need (like using mythic Daylight to overcome a mythic Darkness spell) and to use mythic versions of spells that will only be used once per day, like Endure Elements.

Be mindful of how much mythic power you get each day, and try to spend as few as possible (ideally less than half your total number) when buffing yourself and your party each morning. You won't need to prepare situational status-fixing spells like Remove Curse or Remove Blindness/Deafness or Break Enchantment thanks to Inspired Spell, but you do need to have the mythic power available to spend when needed. Everyone will probably want to use Amazing Initiative to get an extra standard action each round, but try not to run yourself completely out of mythic power.

sethefur
2018-01-15, 02:14 PM
Thank you for the advice! I was an Iquisitor Half-Orc before. I can change everything but my race with this respec.

This is what i made on my own. I was able to generate a stat block of my character in hero lab.
Farron
Male half-orc cleric of Gozreh 10/Hierophant 4
N Medium humanoid (human, orc)
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9
Defense
AC 22, touch 11, flat-footed 21 (+11 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 96 (10d8+41)
Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +16; +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion
Defensive Abilities hard to kill, orc ferocity; DR 3/—; Resist cold 10, electricity 10
Offense
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee +2 spell storing adamantine heavy flail +9/+4 (1d10+2/19-20)
Special Attacks channel positive energy 4/day (DC 16, 5d6), inspired spellMA, mythic power (11/day, surge +1d8)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 10th; concentration +19)
5th—break enchantment, breath of lifeM (DC 24), flame strikeM (DC 24), ice stormD, slay living (DC 24)
4th—air walkD, aura of doomUM (DC 23), cure critical wounds, divine power, divine power, greater magic weapon
3rd—communal align weaponACG, cure serious woundsM, cure serious woundsM, cure serious woundsM, gaseous formD, magic vestmentM
2nd—graceAPG, graceAPG, life pactACG, shield other, sound burst (DC 21), sound burst (DC 21), wind wallD
1st—murderous commandUM (DC 20), murderous commandUM (DC 20), obscuring mistD, sanctuary (DC 20), sanctuary (DC 20), shield of faith, shield of faith, shield of faith
0 (at will)—guidance, light, mending, virtue
D Domain spell; Domains Water (OceansAPG subdomain), Air (WindAPG subdomain)
M mythic spell
Statistics
Str 11, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 28, Cha 13
Base Atk +7; CMB +7; CMD 18
Feats Channel Smite, Divine InterferenceUM, Guided HandUC, Heavy Armor Proficiency, Mythic Spell LoreM, Selective Channeling, Versatile ChannelerUM
Traits birthmark, child of nature
Skills Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Diplomacy +5, Heal +13, Intimidate +3, Knowledge (arcana) +4, Knowledge (planes) +5, Knowledge (religion) +13, Sense Motive +22, Survival +9 (+11 to find food and water); Racial Modifiers +2 Intimidate
Languages Common, Orc
SQ amazing initiative, life currentMA, life currentMA, life currentMA, orc blood, recuperation, surge, sustained by faithMA, wind blast
Combat Gear lesser reach metamagic rodAPG, potion of cure moderate wounds (3), quick runner's shirtUE, ring of counterspells, scroll of message (CL 12th), scroll of restoration (CL 12th), wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear +2 adamantine full plate, +2 spell storing adamantine heavy flail, incandescent blue sphere ioun stone, lenses of situational sight, muleback cordsAPG, pink rhomboid ioun stone, 135 gp
Special Abilities
Amazing Initiative (1/round) (Ex) As a free action, use 1 power to gain an extra standard action (can't be used to cast a spell).
Channel Smite Channel energy can be delivered through a Smite attack.
Cleric Domain (Oceans)
Cleric Domain (Wind)
Damage Reduction (3/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Divine Interference Sacrifice a spell to force an enemy to reroll a successful attack against your ally
Energy Resistance, Cold (10) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (10) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Guided Hand May use Wisdom modifier for attack rolls with favored weapon
Hard to Kill (Ex) Automatically stabilize when dying, and only die at neg Con x 2.
Inspired Spell (Su) Use 1 power, cast one divine spell from your class spell list at +2 CL, it doesn't need to be known/memorized.
Life Current (1s, 2s, 3s as 4s) (Su) When casting cure or inflict spells, or using a channel energy feature, treat some rolls as higher.
Mythic Spell Lore [Mythic] Gain mythic spells equal to your mythic tier.
Orc Blood Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.
Orc Ferocity (1/day) If brought below 0 Hp, can act as though disabled for 1 rd.
Recuperation (Ex) Fully heal after 8 hrs rest, use 1 power and 1 hr to heal half and restore all non-mythic abilities.
Selective Channeling Exclude targets from the area of your Channel Energy.
Surge (1d8) (Su) Use 1 power to increase any d20 roll by the listed amount.
Surge (CMB +19, 12/day) (Su) Create a wave that can bull rush or drag a target.
Sustained by Faith (Su) You require no food, water, or sleep. Spend 1 power to not need to breathe for 24 hours.
Versatile Channeler Channel both positive and negative energy
Versatile Cleric Channel Positive Energy 5d6 (4/day, DC 16) (Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead; negative has the reverse effect.
Wind Blast (12/day) (Su) Create a blast of air that can bull rush targets.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-01-15, 03:03 PM
Looks good, I guess I'd completely misread that you couldn't change your race, but a half-orc gets the same Cleric favored class bonus as a dwarf.

I'd have gone with a one-handed weapon and shield, and do something to boost your Magic Vestment spell to a +3 bonus, such as Spell Specialization (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/spell-specialization/), or Transmuter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/magic-traits/transmuter-magic) plus Signature Spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/secret-of-the-impossible-kingdom-regional-jalmeray) (or all of those combined so it hits +5 at 16th level). Mythic Magic Vestment grants the normal enhancement bonus plus any +1 or 4k gp equivalent armor or shield property, or any combination of properties up to +2 or 15k gp equivalent if you spend two mythic power on it. A Lesser Extend Metamagic Rod only costs 3k gp, and it will make a caster level 12 Magic Vestment last 24 hours.