PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Homebrew Discipline for UA Mystic v3 (PEACH)

Gr7mm Bobb
2018-01-15, 03:04 PM
Ok, so here's some jank that could be neat but I need to make sure the wording is correct and the abilities make sense before I present it to my normal crew.

Body Adjustment
You can alter the flow of life and animation of creatures.
Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you have advantage on Constitution saving throws to maintain concentration on a discipline when you take damage.
Empathic Transfer (1-7 psi). As an action, you can spend psi points to sacrifice some of your health to restore hit points to one creature you touch. You take 1d8 necrotic damage per psi point spent, and the creature regains a number of hit points equal to twice the necrotic damage you take as a reflection of their wounds show up on you. This damage ignores Resistance and Immunity.
Empathic Transfer, Hostile (1-7 psi). As an action, you can spend psi points to attempt to transfer your wounds to creature you touch. Make a melee attack against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, this attack deals 1d8 necrotic damage per psi point spent and you regain a number of hit points equal to the necrotic damage dealt as a reflection of your wounds show up them. This damage ignores Resistance and Immunity and cannot exceed your totals wounds.
Bonds of the Martyr (4 psi; conc; 8hrs). You interweave your lifeforce with that of another creature, sharing both their pain and their vitality. As an action you touch a willing creature and form a bond with them for the duration of this power. For the duration of this power you and your target are bonded, bonded creatures know each other's current hit point total, basic emotional states, the direction of other bonded creatures, and you learn if the other is under the effect of any magical or psionic effects. While you and the bonded creature are within 60 feet of each other you gain the following benefits:

Any amount of healing that occurs to a bonded creature may be redirected by that creature to another bonded creature in any amount.
If any of the bonded creatures takes damage, another bonded creature may use its reaction to take any amount of that damage instead. The redirected damage ignores Resistance and Immunity.
Creatures you are bonded with gain the benefit of your psionic focus.
When you use spells and or psionic abilities that have a range of self, you may choose for a bonded creature to gain the benefits instead. This also allows you treat the bonded creature as though it were yourself for the sake of reaction based spells and psionic abilities.
Restore the Body (5 psi; conc.; 1hr). You bestow regenerative abilities to a creature you touch. As an action you touch a creature an impart a seed of regenerative energy into them. If you concentrate for this options full duration, the touched creature must expend one hit die for each body member of the creatures choice to be restored. The target's severed body members (fingers, legs, tails, and so on), if any, are restored after 2 minutes. If you have the severed part and hold it to the stump within the next 5 minutes, this power instantaneously causes the limb to knit to the stump properly. If this option is used to restore any missing body members, the restored creature must roll a d20 for each part restored. For each d20 result of 1, the creature ages 1d10 years.

I would like to try and find a way to add an Enhance Ability (as the spell) effect to it for 3 points with the normal duration and augmentation to target more people. Also considering a mental cleasning feature. Other ideas that haven't fully made it to through the cut is an augment for Bonds of the Martyr that allows things to be copied (like a twinspell effect) onto the bonded creature at an additional psi pt cost. And the other idea for the same feature is to add an augment option to bond more than 2 creatures together.

Anyway, if you guys could please give this a looksee and let me know if I went overboard or if it fits in well enough.