PDA

View Full Version : Lifesucker

RAGE KING!
2007-08-24, 09:15 PM
When this weapon deals combat damage, it cleans the opponents wound of blood, and transfers that blood into you, granting hit points equal to the amount of damage dealt.

Your hit points cannot go above max as a result of this effect.

Sneak attack, critical etc. damage is not included in this effect. (only the base weapon damage, and enhancement bonuses apply).

For example. a BBEG stabs a MGNG (medium good nice guy) with this weapon, he does 1d6 sneak attack, 1d6 from his weapons flaming ability, and rolls a x2 critical hit. His weapon also has a +1 enhancement bonus. The sneak attack and fire damage don't count. and neither does the extra damage granted by a critical hit. The base damage, and enhancement bonus, do count.

I don't know if this should be a base price modifier, or simply cost gp, and i dont know how much it should cost.

also, i'm thinking this is an evil effect, and thus good characters cant use it.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-26, 04:27 PM
...anyone?

Ashtar
2007-08-26, 05:00 PM
Well, I would say to go from Vampiric Touch (3rd level spell), continual use, with a limited power... and get a hunch for a value like that.
Also, do the "stolen" HPs persist for more than an hour? Are these temporary HPs? If it is real healing then it should cost a substantial amout. I'll dig out my books tomorrow for an estimate, maybe.

Moff Chumley
2007-08-26, 05:12 PM
I'd say a plus two or three enhancement, erring on three. As an interesting side effect, you might wan't to make it so that there's a twenty percent, or so chance, that you take the damage from the hit instead of healing it, as they may have a different blood type. I would say that the only alignments that can't use it are Chaotic and Nuetral Good, and Lawful Good Can use it on enemies it belives are intentionaly evil.

Icewalker
2007-08-26, 06:06 PM
Got another interesting result from this ability: they wouldn't bleed to death if you knocked them out with it. Actually, this implies less evil, which is an interesting idea.

JackMage666
2007-08-26, 07:10 PM
I'd say it's a +3 enhancment value, as is. As is it permanently heals HP, not with Temporary Hit Points.

+2 if it gives Temporary Hit points instead, that disappear after an hour or so.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-26, 07:25 PM
permanent.

The weapon is magical, it changes the blood type!