PDA

View Full Version : question about Share Talents

Zhepna
2018-01-16, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I have War weaver. I use the spell Share Talents in the Quiescent weaving and cast it on my party of 5 players. What is the result?

Does everybody gain almost +4 to all skills known by someone in the party(Each player being targeted by two others players if everybody cast the spell)?

If the skill we are interested by is know by only one player, can I target him first with someone else then everybody cast the spell and the skill is shared or it doesn't work like that.

They get +4 if it's stack but I'm not sure it works that way and if it stacks or not.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Share Talents
(Player's Handbook II)

Transmutation
Level: Bard 1, Cleric 2, Ranger 2, Sorcerer 2, Wizard 2, Spellthief 2, Consecrated Harrier 2,
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Touch
Target: Two willing creatures touched
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You touch two allies, and for a moment their features change so that they seem to blend their appearances into one new creature.
When you cast this spell on two subjects, you create a mystical link between them.
For the duration of the spell, the subjects gain a +2 bonus on any skill checks they make, as long as at least one of the characters has 1 rank or more in the skill.
In addition, if either character has ranks in a skill that is not normally usable by untrained characters (such as Tumble), the other character can make untrained checks using that skill.
Material Component: A knotted rope.

Hellpyre
2018-01-16, 06:51 PM
First - that War weaver link is non-OGL. You should remove it.

Second, war weaver targets the tapestry as a single creature, so you would need someone outside of the tapestry to target with the other end of the Share Talents spell.

Zhepna
2018-01-16, 07:17 PM
Thanks a lot for the fast answer.