PDA

View Full Version : Revamped Kel'Rot D&D 5e

Voltage89
2018-01-17, 09:18 AM
Hey everyone. I made a post about a week ago on the main boss for my upcoming campaign. I think I fixed a lot of the problems that were addressed and would love it if anyone could give me ideas on if you think he is fixed. I changed the book from having one certain action to basically being Kel'Rot's layer actions. Thanks for any help you can give! He is going to be up against three or four level 5 characters and will most likely have a few minions as well.
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Hyc--2-VG

Blackbando
2018-01-17, 01:22 PM
Mate, that's an edit link. You should fix that to a share link, fast, before someone malicious comes along.

Also, he seems fine. Weird to me that he has no actions outside of spellcasting (even a quarterstaff could be nice, like if he's in an antimagic field), but it looks good nonetheless.

Voltage89
2018-01-18, 09:17 AM
Mate, that's an edit link. You should fix that to a share link, fast, before someone malicious comes along.

Also, he seems fine. Weird to me that he has no actions outside of spellcasting (even a quarterstaff could be nice, like if he's in an antimagic field), but it looks good nonetheless.

Thanks man, I did not notice that. He has two daggers, just forgot to put them in there.

CroutonSquared
2018-01-19, 02:20 AM
The Darkness and Bone Tremor abilities on the book both reference "you". Is that meant to reference the ritual caster? These abilities also have no stated range.

I really like how dynamic this fight is. The boss isn't a super high CR, but there are lots of interesting effects like knocking prone and difficult terrain that should make combat interesting. The mechanics of coming back as an undead and failing death saves is also super flavorful and intense.

Out of curiosity, what is Kel'Rot's strategy in terms of spellcasting?

Voltage89
2018-01-19, 10:38 AM
The Darkness and Bone Tremor abilities on the book both reference "you". Is that meant to reference the ritual caster? These abilities also have no stated range.

I really like how dynamic this fight is. The boss isn't a super high CR, but there are lots of interesting effects like knocking prone and difficult terrain that should make combat interesting. The mechanics of coming back as an undead and failing death saves is also super flavorful and intense.

Out of curiosity, what is Kel'Rot's strategy in terms of spellcasting?

Im not sure I understand what you mean by what is his strategy