PDA

View Full Version : I'm Planning To Play A Gestalt: A Female Lesser Drow Fighter/Cleric

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-17, 04:35 PM
Hey everybody. It's yours truly. I'm planning to play a Gestalt: A Female Lesser Drow Fighter/Cleric. The character that I'll be playing is Carrie Club. This is her character sheet. : https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1170862 So any feedback about Carrie Club. Positive and negative feedback are appreciated.

Galacktic
2018-01-17, 04:59 PM
First off with Gestalt, you don't gain two levels at once - you combine the levels into one. So in this case she should have 12 HP - D10 fighter and then 2 from con mod.

Another thing is that take the -best- of what each level offers. Not combine them mechanically - so in this case, Cleric and Fighter both have a +2 fort save so you'd have a +2 fort save instead of the +4.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-17, 05:02 PM
First off with Gestalt, you don't gain two levels at once - you combine the levels into one. So in this case she should have 12 HP - D10 fighter and then 2 from con mod.

Another thing is that take the -best- of what each level offers. Not combine them mechanically - so in this case, Cleric and Fighter both have a +2 fort save so you'd have a +2 fort save instead of the +4.
Oh really? I didn't know that.

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-01-17, 05:21 PM
Cleric/fighter is still one of the better combinations though, you get a full caster with meatshield bulk and a whole bunch of bonus feats. The less the classes overlap the better.

(I have heard before of groups that do gestalts "you get everything" style, so it can't hurt to check.)

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-17, 06:08 PM
Cleric/fighter is still one of the better combinations though, you get a full caster with meatshield bulk and a whole bunch of bonus feats. The less the classes overlap the better.

(I have heard before of groups that do gestalts "you get everything" style, so it can't hurt to check.)

Cool. Is there anything else I need to know about gestalts? :smile:

Mike Miller
2018-01-17, 06:19 PM
If you have access to Unearthed Arcana, read the section on gestalt for more understanding.
Edit: oh yeah, and the srd

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-17, 06:35 PM
Wait a minute it didn't say anything about gaining a level to gestalts? How can I gain a level to gestalts? Oh wait never mind.

TotallyNotEvil
2018-01-17, 08:26 PM
Cloistered Cleric.

You lose nothing due to the fighter side, and gain 6+INT skill points, Bardic Knowledge, and a bonus domain that has both pretty decent spells and can be traded for an excellent feat.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-17, 10:12 PM
Cloistered Cleric.

You lose nothing due to the fighter side, and gain 6+INT skill points, Bardic Knowledge, and a bonus domain that has both pretty decent spells and can be traded for an excellent feat.

There. I fixed my sheet. :smile:

Vertharrad
2018-01-18, 03:36 AM
Saves - base saves are all wrong Fort would be +2 Ref 0 and Will +2(ftr gets +2 fort, clr gets +2 fort and +2 will; you take the better of the two and neither gets ref)
Bab - +2 because of ftr
Domains - only 3(knowledge and two from your deity)

These are the only discrepancies I see.

Not that your weapon choices are wrong, but just a observation, Eilistraee favors the bastard sword. ultimately the choice is yours.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-19, 01:04 AM
Saves - base saves are all wrong Fort would be +2 Ref 0 and Will +2(ftr gets +2 fort, clr gets +2 fort and +2 will; you take the better of the two and neither gets ref)
Bab - +2 because of ftr
Domains - only 3(knowledge and two from your deity)

These are the only discrepancies I see.

Not that your weapon choices are wrong, but just a observation, Eilistraee favors the bastard sword. ultimately the choice is yours.
Actually the base saves are actually right. I get bonus because of the modifier. But I replaced Greatsword to Bastard Sword and I also replaced Cleanse to Exotic Weapon Proficiency Bastard Sword.

weckar
2018-01-19, 04:03 AM
The fact that she does not carry a club disappoints me.

Dekion
2018-01-19, 10:25 AM
You will also need to add the damage bonus for your strength to your bastard sword, taking into consideration for both base damage and power attack whether you are wielding it two-handed or one-handed, as well as remembering to drop your buckler AC bonus any time you do chose to fight two-handed.

I'd also suggest light armor, like studded leather which has the same AC, instead of medium armor to allow for your full 30 ft. move.

Blue Jay
2018-01-19, 10:31 AM
Uncheck "CC" for Knowledge (arcana), because the sheet is charging you double skill points.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-19, 01:23 PM
Ok I fit everything.

Vertharrad
2018-01-20, 02:55 AM
Actually the base saves are actually right. I get bonus because of the modifier. But I replaced Greatsword to Bastard Sword and I also replaced Cleanse to Exotic Weapon Proficiency Bastard Sword.

Your right I mistook the overall modifier for the base, my bad. Have fun with the character.