PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Tatooist Artificer (plus supporting homebrew) (PEACH)

Crisis21
2018-01-18, 01:00 AM
Note: All tattoo supplements are designed to work with the magical tattoo homebrew https://imgur.com/a/QqpNu#1joV5Vy

Revised Tattoo Rules
Note: All following rules in this section should be considered optional.

Tattoo time

The amount of time to properly tattoo a subject depends on both the size and intricacy of the tattoo.
Small tattoos roll d6.
Medium tattoos roll d10, treat a roll of 1 as a 2.
Large tattoos roll d20, treat a roll of 2 or less as a 3.
Simple tattoos require one die.
Average tattoos require two dice.
Ornate tattoos require four dice.

The time rolled is the total time required to properly finish the tattoo. This does not include breaks to rest or eat, and multiple sessions may be required for complex tattoos. The tattooist does not need to reroll the initial DC check (barring an attempt to correct a mistake as detailed below), but the subject may need to make additional CON saves for each session.

Sanitation Check

If the DM allows it, you may make a Medicine check before beginning a tattoo session (DC equal to the CON save DC your subject would roll). On a success, your subject gains advantage on their CON save to avoid disease.

Shaved Head

A subject who has shaved their head may get a medium-sized tattoo (or two small-sized tattoos) where their head was. If they do this, their hair does not grow back on the side of their head that was tattooed (right or left for a small tattoo, both sides for a medium).

ASI/Feat Tattoos

With the DM's permission, and provided the player's character meets prerequisites, they may get a tattoo that imbues them with the power of a Feat, or -- at the DM's discretion -- a permanent spell effect such as Protection From Good and Evil. Tattoos cannot raise a stat over a character's maximum value (typically 20).
All such tattoos should be both large in size and ornate in decoration unless required to be on a specific body part.

Tattoo Artist Background

Skill Proficiencies: Medicine and your choice of Arcana or Religion.
Tool Proficiencies: Tattooist's Tools.
Languages: You may select one language of your choice that possesses a written form, including exotic languages.
Equipment: A set of comfortable clothes, Tattooist's Tools, A bottle of alcohol for sterilization, 5 bottles of different-colored ink, at least one visible non-magical tattoo, A pouch containing 15 gp

Feature: Symbolism
You've been around symbols for a good portion of your life. Symbols of all shapes and sizes, used in ways ranging from appropriate for their meaning all the way to anything but. If a distinct symbol is displayed openly, whether worn by a person or part of a structure, you are able to spot it easily. You can readily recognize most symbols and their traditional meaning and/or common use on sight, as well as what organization, if any, said symbol represents. Furthermore, you can remember any symbol or image design you've personally seen and if you were able to study it for at least a minute you can recreate it perfectly.

d8 Personality
1. I love my job and get excited at any opportunity to talk to others about it.
2. I'm very conscious of the conditions I work in and always make sure to sanitize my tools and clean my work area before beginning a session.
3. Gossip is my bread and butter, and my job gives me so many opportunities to hear some juicy ones. Or relate some.
4. I am cordial and polite to most everyone I meet. Which tends to surprise them given my choice of body decorations.
5. I'm very impolite and impertinent, and will often insult perfect strangers for no apparent reason.
6. I seek to intimidate everyone I come across, both through posture and body decorations, to establish my dominance.
7. I'm a troublemaker, and proud of it.
8. Those I like get a smile and a warm greeting. Those I don't get a rude gesture at minimum.

d6 Ideals
1. Apathy: I don't give a crap about your troubles, your beliefs, or your attitude. (Neutral)
2. Expression: I believe that a person's body is sacrosanct, and they should be able to use and act with it as they see fit. (Chaotic)
3. Professional: When I'm on the clock, how I feel about you doesn't matter, nor does how you feel about me. (Any)
4. Rebel: The government sucks about as much as the hole I live in, and anything I can do to show people that is time well spent. (Chaotic)
5. Empowerment: I believe in helping people feel more confident in themselves and their lives. (Good)
6. Alpha: I must seen as the one no one else dares to mess with. (Evil)

d6 Bonds
1. I hail from the bad part of town. I know all the local 'punks' and the guard know me by name.
2. I'm a loner.
3. I actually come from a fairly well-off family that is highly embarrassed with me.
4. I have managed to cultivate a professional and artistic reputation and often socialize in such circles.
5. My enemies know me better than my 'friends' do.
6. There is one special person in my life who knows the real me, and I would do anything for them. Anything.

d6 Flaw
1. Just as people judge me by my appearance, so too do I judge them.
2. I look down on anyone who doesn't have a tattoo as weak.
3. I lack interest in any subject that doesn't relate to my skills or interests and am incapable of paying attention for any length of time.
4. If I am allowed control of a conversation, I can and will talk everyone's ear off.
5. If I find someone unconscious, I have an intense urge to give them an embarrassing tattoo while they can't resist.
6. I secretly dislike, perhaps even hate, most of my clientele.

Feat: Tattoo Artist
You've been inscribing tattoos on people so well for so long you could practically do this in your sleep.

Increase your Dexterity or Intelligence score by 1.
You gain proficiency with Tattooist's Tools. If you are already proficient, you may double your proficiency bonus with them.
If inscribing a magical tattoo, you may gain advantage on the tool check if you make a successful Arcana or Religion (as appropriate to the tattoo, same DC as the tattoo itself) check beforehand. In addition, when you succeed on a check to tattoo a subject, you may reduce the number of each die rolled for time taken by how much you passed the check to a minimum of half the die's maximum value (3 for a d6, 5 for a d10, and 10 for a d20).
If you fail the initial DC check to tattoo a subject (DC 10 for a simple tattoo, DC 15 for an average tattoo, DC 20 for an ornate tattoo) by 5 or less, you may make an attempt to salvage the work and complete the process. You roll an INT save at the same DC and add one additional die of the appropriate size to the amount of time taken, succeed or fail. You may not make additional attempts to recover your work if you fail by more than 5, fail three times in a row, or if the DM declares circumstances prevent you from attempting to correct your mistake.

Artificer Archetype: Tattooist
Note: This archetype is designed to work with the revised Artificer class http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SyF1G_gPg

Living Canvas
When you select this Archetype at first level, you dedicate your life to the art of the body. You may self-tattoo any part of your body save for your back (or your face if you lack a mirror) at the standard DC check for applying tattoos without suffering disadvantage. As such, you feel the need to display as much of your body art as you can get away with (though your character should keep in mind local decency laws lest they get arrested for showing too much of their art). You lose proficiency in all armor types (light, medium, and heavy if you have it) and may not gain or regain them through any method.
However, you have inked a series of wards onto your body to provide the protection that clothing would normally be used for. These are effectively a series of tiny tattoos that can be incorporated into larger designs with ease and do not take up usable tattoo space. You are considered to be under the effects of Endure Elements:
You suffer no harm from being in a hot or cold environment. You automatically succeed on all saving throws made to resist the effects of weather conditions. Your equipment is likewise protected. This effect doesn’t provide any protection from damage, nor does it protect against other environmental hazards such as smoke, lack of air, and so forth.

Tattoo Artist
When you select this Archetype at first level, you gain proficiency with Tattooist's Tools. If you already have proficiency with Tattooist's Tools from another source, such as your Background, you may instead gain proficiency with either Calligrapher's Supplies or Painter's Supplies.

Body Magic
Starting at first level, when you are able to gain a new Wondrous Invention through your Artificer class you must ink it onto your body. The size and intricacy of the tattoo is dependent on the rarity of the magic item as follows:
Common: Small and Simple
Uncommon: +1 tattoo size or +1 intricacy level
Rare: +2 tattoo size, +2 intricacy level, or +1 to both size and intricacy
Very Rare: +2 tattoo size and +1 intricacy level or +1 tattoo size and +2 intricacy level
Legendary: Large and Ornate
In addition, whenever you are allowed to create a Wondrous Invention you may instead elect to improve the tiny warding tattoos over your body to create an unarmored defense, giving you an unarmored AC of 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Intelligence modifier.
Also, when you craft a magical item using your Artificer class features, you may choose to design a tattoo that replicates the abilities of the item using the above guidelines for size and intricacy. However, the cost to ink such a tattoo remains the same as the cost to craft the item.

Ink Summon
At first level, you complete the basic outline of a magical tattoo on your skin. This tattoo is of a creature, real or imaginary, that can be summoned to being at your command. The summon looks to be made of ink and at this stage only holds the most basic shape of the creature depicted. You are assumed to have recently completed the most basic stage of inking this tattoo and have been designing and working on it for a while.

The size of the tattoo depends on the base shape you select and is assumed to be located on your chest. The space it occupies cannot be used for any additional tattoos. However, if you wish, you may place part of it on your arm under the following guidelines:
Small size: May go in its entirety on either chest or arm.
Medium size: May go in its entirety on your chest, or half on your chest and half on your arm (small size allocation for both areas on the second option).
Large size: May go in its entirety on your chest, or half on your chest and half on your arm (medium size allocation for both areas on the second option).
Massive size: Takes up the entirety of your chest and both arms.

The intricacy increases as you develop the tattoo, starting at Average and is considered increasingly Ornate past 3rd level.
When you create this summon, you determine its statistics based on desired creature shape and design focus, but it ultimately looks however you desire it to. However, once any part of your summon's design has been finalized, it cannot be changed.
Your summon has its own proficiency bonus that matches your own and increases in level as you do, gaining new hit die as you do. Your summon may spend hit dice to regain hit points any time it spends inactive on your skin for a duration equal to a standard short rest. This can be done even if you yourself do not rest. In addition, your summon will not gain the benefit of a long rest unless it spends that time in its inactive tattoo state.
Your summon obeys your will to the best of its ability, and does not need spoken instructions since it is connected to you magically. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own. Your summon cannot yet attack, but it can take other actions as normal.
Your summon is considered a magical effect and can be dispelled by a Dispel Magic effect of equal or higher level than your spellcasting level. If so dispelled, it returns to your skin and cannot be resummoned unless you succeed on an Arcana check equal to the DC of the dispel effect or until you have completed a short or long rest. If your summon is reduced to 0 hit points, it immediately returns to its inactive state and cannot be summoned again for 24 hours, at which point it is restored to full health.
If for some reason, your summon tattoo is removed from your body permanently you can recreate it with 1,000gp worth of magical ink and a number of hours equal to its hit dice times two (i.e. a level 5 medium summon would take 5d8x2 hours to recreate). This time need not be spent all at once so long as the total time recreating it is eventually undertaken.

Summon Base Stats
STR - 10 (+0)
DEX - 10 (+0)
CON - 10 (+0)
INT - 3 (-4)
WIS - 10 (+0)
CHA - 1 (-5)
Damage Immunities: poison, psychic
Condition Immunities: exhaustion, charmed, poisoned
Senses: passive perception 10 + Wisdom modifier, Darkvision 60 ft.
Languages: Understands creator's languages, but cannot speak

Battle Summon
Starting at 3rd level, your tattoo creature is complete enough to be readily recognizable and depict the creature's natural weapons in detail. Your creature gains claws, teeth, hooves, or whatever other natural weapon you have designed for it. Ask your DM or check the Monster Manual for specifics. As a rule, your summon's natural weapons should not deal more base damage than anything on the standard weapon list.

Design Additions
Starting at 3rd level, you can begin to add additions to your basic creature design that give it extra abilities. You can add three elements at 3rd level, two each at levels 6 and 9, and an additional one at levels 14 and 17.

Master Tattooist
Starting at 6th level, you learn how to alter mystic tattoos to fit into available space. The magic tattoos you apply to others may take up space on more than one body part so long as they still take up the total size space (2 small = 1 medium, 2 medium = 1 large) required and remains a single connected tattoo.
In addition, you may always alter the design of a magical tattoo to decrease the size by equally increasing the complexity or vice-versa.

Magic Beast
Starting at 6th level, your summon's strikes count as magical for the purposes of overcoming resistances and immunity from non-magical attacks and damage.

Protective Reaction
Starting at 9th level, if a creature within 5 feet of your summon attacks you, your summon may make a single melee attack against them as a reaction.

Grand Master Tattooist
Starting at 14th level, you can get the most out of available body space. When you are tattooing a subject (including yourself) you are able to find enough space for an additional small tattoo on each arm and leg as well as the head and enough for an additional medium tattoo on the chest or back.

Summon Base Shape

Ink Insect
Tattoo Size: Small
Size: Tiny
Skills: Stealth, Acrobatics
Speed: 5 ft., fly 20 ft.
Hit Die: d4
Hit Points at 1st level: 4 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points Each Level After 1st: 3 (or 1d4) + Constitution modifier
Special: +2 to AC for Tiny size

Ink Bird
Tattoo Size: Medium
Size: Small
Skills: Acrobatics
Speed: 10 ft., fly 40 ft.
Hit Die: d6
Hit Points at 1st level: 6 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points Each Level After 1st: 4 (or 1d6) + Constitution modifier

Ink Serpent
Tattoo Size: Medium
Size: Small
Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth
Speed: 30 ft.
Hit Die: d6
Hit Points at 1st level: 6 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points Each Level After 1st: 4 (or 1d6) + Constitution modifier
Special: Has no limbs, gains grapple as a bonus design addition at 3rd level.

Ink Beast (Biped)
Tattoo Size: Large
Size: Medium
Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics
Speed: 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Hit Die: d8
Hit Points at 1st level: 8 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points Each Level After 1st: 5 (or 1d8) + Constitution modifier
Ink Beast (Quadruped)

Tattoo Size: Large
Size: Medium
Skills: Athletics
Speed: 40 ft.
Hit Die: d8
Hit Points at 1st level: 8 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points Each Level After 1st: 5 (or 1d8) + Constitution modifier

Ink Behemoth
Tattoo Size: Massive (Chest and both arms)
Size: Large
Skills: Athletics
Speed: 30 ft.
Hit Die: d10
Hit Points at 1st level: 10 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points Each Level After 1st: 6 (or 1d10) + Constitution modifier

Other
If you wish to create a summon creature not covered above you can design it yourself using the following guidelines:
The initial size should not exceed medium.
Mechanical benefits, such as a fly speed, should be offset by negatives, such as small size, or lack of features, such as a single skill proficiency.
Special abilities or extreme values can be used sparingly, but again should be offset. For example creating a massive beast with a d10 hit die, but a slow land speed.

Tattoo Design Focus
The focus of your tattoo's design affects how your summon manifests. A bold design emphasizing the creature's body creates a strong summon, one depicting obvious movement grants it greater dexterity, a highly intricate design grants it wisdom, and a resting design boosts its constitution.

Bold Design
The summon gains a Strength score of 16.
The summon gains either a Wisdom, Dexterity, or Constitution score of 13.
Some Summon features require the target to make a saving throw to resist. The summon's saving throw DC is calculated as follows: Summon save DC = 8 + Summon's proficiency bonus + Summon's Strength modifier.

Motion Design
The summon gains a Dexterity score of 16.
The summon gains either a Wisdom, Strength, or Constitution score of 13.
Some Summon features require the target to make a saving throw to resist. The summon's saving throw DC is calculated as follows: Summon save DC = 8 + Summon's proficiency bonus + Summon's Dexterity modifier.

Detailed Design
The summon gains a Wisdom score of 16.
The summon gains either a Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution score of 13.
Some Summon features require the target to make a saving throw to resist. The summon's saving throw DC is calculated as follows: Summon save DC = 8 + Summon's proficiency bonus + Summon's Wisdom modifier.

Resting Design
The summon gains a Constitution score of 16.
The summon gains either a Wisdom, Dexterity, or Strength score of 13.
Some Summon features require the target to make a saving throw to resist. The summon's saving throw DC is calculated as follows: Summon save DC = 8 + Summon's proficiency bonus + Summon's Constitution modifier.

Summon Design Additions
If a design addition has prerequisites, you must meet them to perform it. You can perform the upgrade at the same time that you meet its prerequisites. You cannot select the same addition twice.
Note that some design additions can only be selected at 3rd level and may not be added later.

Acute Senses
Prerequisite: Must be chosen at 3rd level
When designing your tattoo, you paid great attention to the detail on the sensory organs of your creature. The summon gains proficiency with the Perception skill. If it already has proficiency with Perception, it adds double its proficiency bonus to Perception checks.
Additionally the summon has advantage on Perception checks relying on one of the following (chosen when this feature is selected): sight, sound, or smell.

Adrenaline Rush
Prerequisite: 17th level Artificer
You finalize the ferocity of your tattoo design allowing your summon a surge of energy for a short flurry of activity. As an action the target may double its speed until the end of its turn. The summon may then make a single melee attack against each creature it can reach during its turn. It has advantage on attack rolls, and opportunity attacks have disadvantage against it.
Once your summon uses this feature, it must finish a short or long rest before it can use it again.

Aquatic/Amphibious Creature
Prerequisite: Must be chosen at 3rd level, lacking a swim speed
Your finished tattoo creature is clearly at home in the water. Your summon gains a swim speed equal to its base speed. If any effect increases its base speed, that increase also applies to its swim speed.

Arcane Reflexes
Prerequisite: 14th level Artificer
By honing your summon's reaction times, it becomes able to avoid damage with lightning reflexes. When forced to make a dexterity saving throw to avoid taking damage, the summon takes half damage on a failed save, and no damage on a success.

Armor
Prerequisite: 6th level Artificer, Summon's Strength score must be 15 or higher
You added special armor to the design of your summon's tattoo, making it much more durable at the cost of being a bit clumsier. The summon's AC becomes 18 + proficiency bonus. The summon has disadvantage on stealth skill checks.

Breath Weapon
Prerequisite: 9th level Artificer
Your summon gains a breath weapon of your choosing that is depicted in the tattoo's design. You select which damage type the breath weapon does on creation: Fire, Lightning, Cold, Acid, or Poison. As an action, the construct can send out a blast of that energy type. Each creature in a 5 ft wide 60 ft line starting from the summon extending in a direction of your choice, must make a Dexterity saving throw against the summon save DC. A target takes 8d6 damage of the appropriate energy type on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
This damage increases to 10d6 at 13th level and 12d6 at 17th level.
Once your summon uses this feature, it must finish a short or long rest before it can use it again.

Burrowing Creature
Prerequisite: Must be chosen at 3rd level, lacking a dig speed
Your finished tattoo creature is capable of burrowing in the ground. Your summon gains a digging speed equal to half its base speed. If any effect increases its base speed, half that increase also applies to its digging speed.

Camouflage
Your summon design shows it blending in with its environment flawlessly. As an action, the summon can become invisible. The invisibility ends after one hour, or if the construct attacks or casts a spell.

Dextrous Paws/Claws/Talons
Prerequisite: Small size or smaller, possesses limbs
Your summon is dextrous enough with its natural gifts to unlock locks. It gains proficiency with thieves' tools and is considered to always have thieves' tools available.

Echolocation
You grant your summon the ability to locate creatures and objects by sound rather than sight. So long as your summon can hear, it possesses Blindsense up to the range of its hearing and cannot be surprised. In addition, the summon can make a perception check to search for hidden enemies as a bonus action instead of an action.

Extra Attack
Faster moving appendages allow your summon to attack rapidly. Your companion can make one additional melee attack whenever it takes the attack action on its turn.

Extra Limbs
Prerequisite: must be chosen at 3rd level
You designed your summon with more limbs than normal. Your summon gains two additional limbs with which it can make attacks.

Feral
Your tattoo has a very feral and menacing design. The summon gains proficiency with the Intimidation skill. If it already has proficiency with Intimidation, it adds double its proficiency bonus to Intimidation checks.

Grapple
Prerequisite: Ink Beast (Biped) or Other Design, must be chosen at 3rd level
You designed your summon with the ability to grab and grapple targets.
When the summon uses the Attack action, they can choose to grapple the target instead of dealing damage, the escape DC is calculated using the Save DC shown in the summon design stat block.
Special: Ink Serpents have this immediately at 3rd level and it does not count as a design addition for them. They may always attempt to grapple any target of their size category or one smaller and if successful may use Constrict as a bonus action.

Healing Glyph
Prerequisite: Space for a small tattoo on one of your arms.
You tattoo a magical glyph onto your hand that lets you channel healing energy to your summon. By touching your summon and expending a 1st level spell slot, you can restore 1d8 + your Intelligence modifier hit points to your summon.
When you expend a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.
If you tattoo this glyph on both your hands, you may make a Medicine skill check at DC 10 to use this healing effect on any living creature. Failure means the spell is lost without effect.

Highly Venomous
Prerequisite: Venomous
Increase the damage die for your summon's poison by 1 size category and increase the save DC of its poison by 4.

Holy Beast
Prerequisite: 9th level Artificer, Blessed Ink
You improve your summon tattoo with holy ink. Your summon ignores damage resistance/immunity when attacking any creature that is not resistant/immune to Radiant damage. In addition, when damaging any creature that is vulnerable to Radiant damage, your summon deals an additional 1d4 Radiant damage to that target.
If your summon has Breath Weapon, they may choose to deal Radiant damage instead of their breath weapon’s normal damage type.
If your summon also has Venomous, then it can inflict the poison status on any creature not resistant/immune to Radiant damage.

Horns/Antlers
Prerequisite: Ink Beast (quadruped), Other Design, must be chosen at 3rd level
You designed your summon with horns or antlers that it can use to attack while dashing at a target. When the summon uses its action to dash, it can use a bonus action to make a single melee attack or to shove a creature.
If the summon moves at least 10 feet in a straight line immediately before taking this bonus action, it gains either a +5 bonus to the attack's damage roll (if it makes an attack and hits) or pushes the target up to 10 feet away from it (if it succeeds on the shove).
This attack deals either bludgeoning or piercing damage depending on the design of the horns/antlers and the damage type must be chosen when this feature is selected.

Larger Creature
Your design reflects your summoned creature being larger than normal. The size of your summon increases one category.
Additionally the summon's hit die increases by one size (d6 becomes d8, d8 becomes d10).
Hit points are recalculated when this upgrade is taken, according to the following table.
Hit Die 1st Level Hit Points Each Level After 1st
d6 6 + Constitution modifier 4 (or 1d6) + Constitution modifier
d8 8 + Constitution modifier 5 (or 1d8) + Constitution modifier
d10 10 + Constitution modifier 6 (or 1d10) + Constitution modifier
d12 12 + Constitution modifier 7 (or 1d12) + Constitution modifier

Magically Warded
You ink strong antimagic enchantments into your summon tattoo. Your summon has advantage on saving throws against spells. While your summon is inactive on your skin, you have saving throws against spells.

Mystical Summons
Prerequisite: 6th level Artificer, Summon's Wisdom score must be 12 or higher
You are able to inscribe the power of cantrips into your summon's tattoo, granting it some spellcasting abilities. Your summon learns two of the following cantrips: firebolt, shocking grasp, or ray of frost. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom.

Nimble Flight
Prerequisite: Possesses a Fly Speed
You have designed your summon to be very nimble when flying. Your summon does not provoke opportunity attacks while flying.

Nimble Swimmer
Prerequisite: Possesses a Swim Speed
You have designed your summon to be very nimble when swimming. Your summon does not provoke opportunity attacks while swimming.

Poison Spray
Prerequisite: Venomous
Your summon has become capable of spraying its poison at targets. Your summon may make a ranged attack against a target. On a successful hit, the target takes 1d4 poison damage from the attack and must make a CON save or become poisoned.

Reach
Prerequisite: Large size, must be chosen at 3rd level
You increase the reach of your summon's striking limbs, tentacles, or whatever it possesses. The summon's range for melee attacks increases by 5 feet.

Relentless
Prerequisite: 6th level Artificer
You designed your summon to be hard to kill. If your summon takes damage that would reduce it to 0 hit points, it instead is reduced to 1. Once your summon uses this feature, it must finish a short or long rest before it can use it again.

Riding Harness
You add a design to your tattoo of a special saddle or harness to aid in using the summon as a mount provided the rider is the same size category as the summon or smaller. When an attack targets a creature that is using the summon as a mount, your summon can force the attack to target itself instead.

Shared Sight
Prerequisite: 6th level Artificer, Space on your head for a small-size tattoo around the eyes.
You added a small size tattoo around your own eyes that allow you to look through the eyes of your summon at will.

Silent Movement
You design your summon creature to move silently. Your summon gains proficiency in the Stealth skill. If it already had proficiency, then double its proficiency bonus on Stealth checks.

Spell Effect
Prerequisite: 9th level Artificer, Mystical Summons, Access to a Spell Scroll of 1st or 2nd level
You are able to copy the magic from a scroll into your summon's tattoo. Your summon may cast this spell once per short or long rest as if it were a 2nd-level spell. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom.

Spines
Prerequisite: must be chosen at 3rd level
When a creature makes a successful unarmed attack against your summon, they must make an INT save or take half the damage they dealt. When your summon is grappled, the grappling creature takes 1d6 damage each round. In addition, when your summon attempts to bodyslam a target, their damage dice increases one stage and the damage dealt is piercing.

Superior Ability
Prerequisite: 6th level Artificer
Your tattoo's design is refined to the point that it seems even stronger than ever. Choose one ability score from Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, or Wisdom. The summon's score for the chosen ability becomes 16, if the score was already 16 or higher, you add 2 to the score, up to a maximum of 20.

Swift
By designing your tattoo to imply fast movement, your summon gains greater movement speed. Your summon's base speed increases by 10 ft.

Tough Skin
Your design now appears to be pretty tough, the summon gains resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons.

True Sight
Prerequisite: Shared Sight
You improved the small size tattoo around your own eyes and enhanced your summon. Both you and your summon possess may activate True Sight for 60 feet for up to ten minutes once per short or long rest.

Venomous
You have designed your summon to possess a poisonous attack. Choose one natural weapon your summon possesses. That natural weapon now deals an additional 1d4 Poison damage on a successful attack and the target must make a CON save or become poisoned.

Wings
Prerequisite: Must be chosen at 3rd level, lacking a fly speed
Your finished tattoo creature possesses wings. Your summon gains a fly speed equal to its base speed. If any effect increases its base speed, that increase also applies to its fly speed.

Crisis21
2018-01-22, 09:52 PM
*pokes* Anyone? Like it? Hate it? Throw me a bone here, please.