PDA

View Full Version : Dual char?

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-01-18, 02:55 AM
I know there are feats for party members who have the same feat and they give each other bonuses or give other boosts. I was wondering. is there a class or feat/item/spell that would allow a PC to spilt themselves or have a single "entity control 2 bodys" and both being independent of each other (i.e left and right brain type of thing) but a whole person. Essentially letting 1 player be as 2 but still a single char sheet?

I know in PF if 2 ratkin (i think) were in the same square and fought they would provide bonsues for themselves and boost for same race and such.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-01-18, 03:07 AM
There's a race in Dragon Compendium called the Dvati, they're exactly that: one mind/character, two bodies.

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-01-18, 03:14 AM
There's a race in Dragon Compendium called the Dvati, they're exactly that: one mind/character, two bodies.

Is this core books/supplements? or dragon magazine type supplement?

Jormengand
2018-01-18, 03:39 AM
Is this core books/supplements? or dragon magazine type supplement?

Dragon Compendium is basically a compilation of material from dragon magazine which has become slightly more official than when it was in dragon mag itself.

Darrin
2018-01-18, 07:04 AM
Trickery Devotion (Complete Champion) can do this, although there are some limitations on what your duplicate can do. At 15th level, your duplicate can perform combat actions and cast spells.

The Wu Jen spell body outside body creates duplicates, and occasionally appears in various Iron Chef builds.

You can also use the Split ability of some creatures via polymorph shenanigans or through Master of Many Forms 8. For example, you can polymorph into a Protean Scourge (MM3) at CL 13 and if you've got Assume Supernatural Ability (Savage Species) or Metamorphic Transfer (XPH), you can use Split (Su) to create duplicates of yourself. Master of Many Forms 8 can change into a black pudding and use Split (Ex) to create duplicates. However, those are both kinda deep rabbit holes to go down, as far as rules-wankery goes.

Psyren
2018-01-18, 01:49 PM
Dimensional Savant lets you teleport so fast that you can flank with yourself, which can activate some feats.

Jormengand
2018-01-18, 01:55 PM
I suppose it also bears mentioning that there is an epic spell, time duplicate, which does allow you to be two people at once, but it's utterly bizarre in how it actually functions.

bean illus
2018-01-18, 02:33 PM
So a dvati wu jen w trickery devo?

I mean I was just walking by and stuck my nose in your business, but is that possible?lol
Maybe I'll go look that up.

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-01-18, 06:09 PM
So a dvati wu jen w trickery devo?

I mean I was just walking by and stuck my nose in your business, but is that possible?lol
Maybe I'll go look that up.

I dont mine nose poking around. it was more of a random i always wanted to play 2 chars but 1 sheet due to lazyiness plus allot of work remembering 2 chars. As it is dragon magazine "related" even on an "offical" ground I dont think my DM would okay it. : ( much sadness. As for the other shananagins I can see what I can swing. XD Thank you all for the help and the other feats/abilitlys I didnt know about.

ExLibrisMortis
2018-01-18, 06:20 PM
The easiest way to get two characters would be a wizard (or psion) polymorphing their familiar (get that feat that makes Share Spells have a one-mile range), or having an intelligent special mount/animal companion/other cohort, such as a dragon.

Ramza00
2018-01-18, 07:39 PM
Reflavor Thrallherd and do a 1 level Dip into Thrallherd.

Remember your thrall is 1 level lower than you, and Thrallherd is a 1 level caster / manifester loss. So besides your 1 level HD into thrallherd (and thus a small boost to saves, bab, hd, hit points, etc) you and your thrall have the same amount of class levels besides Thrallherd.
If you pick the Kalashtar Race you do not need to know Mindlink / Be Psionic for you get it as a racial psionic power and your ML for this racial psionic power is your HD so you have a ML of 5 at 5 HD for this one power.
You still need to take the Inquisitor Feat aka 1 Feat "cost" just like Leadership is, but this way your effective class level is the same as your thrall, instead of your cohort being 2 class levels behind your main character.