PDA

View Full Version : the redeemers!

finaldooms
2018-01-19, 05:21 AM
There once was tales of gods, powerful entities whom walked among us and even guided us from above. These tales are old now, for the gods have fallen into depravity and all that was hoped for has been brought to naught....

From the darkness arose heroes!! mighty warriors and mages who were granted power in our darkest hours that could stand toe to toe with those mighty gods! God-Slayers they were called, humans who could kill a god. There were many to start, people who realized that we COULD fight back and they did...but even with great powers to offset the advantage, the gods were still winning. Hundreds of people were slain in combat until at last there were only 20 God-Slayers left.

Within those 20 there were a pair of brothers whom had noticed something , something so minor it might have been an illusion if not for one of the brothers trying to heal the other at that exact moment.. when the God-Slayers died their power that remained seems to transfer to a nearby God-Slayer, up until this point they had been fighting in scattered groups so none had noticed. The brothers ,Exos and Rothos, saw how few remained in nearby and worked quickly once they discovered this fact..they ran across the battlefield they were located at and started killing their own comrades! Their power grew and grew at an explosive rate, but..they did not fight the gods and instead ran, off to other battles to continue this growth of power. along the way they met 3 others whom had discovered this gift as well and agreed to form a team once they noticed the power did not diminish with others around.

Hiding their new found powers they continued moving along the battles stealing more power and leading the gods to one single location, The Tower of Gindslt. Once there they gathered the remaining God-Slayers and told them they had a plan to finally defeat the gods! The 15 new God-Slayers agreed to act as a shield while the 5, Exos, Rothos, Carios,Bandos, and Sithros got ready. The gods struck and struck with thunder clashing and fire roiling around the battlefield but those 15 God-Slayers held their ground brimming with pride that they could bring an end to these vile gods when suddenly..Darkness....

finaldooms
2018-01-19, 05:31 AM
All around you there is darkness.. no sense of up or down, no feeling of weight, you can't even see yourself in this place.

Softly at first but gaining in intensity you start hearing a voice, full of harmony and yet discord as well, full of joy and sadness at once

What would thee create in this emptiness? Light? Life? Fire? Choose wisely for only 3 can be created, and never forget..where there is light there is darkness life brings death..there is always a reaction to your actions...
the voices fade away and yet the words to CREATE fill your mind

speak now and create that which arise from you

( and game START! )

Drath
2018-01-22, 10:50 AM
"I choose Fear, Knowledge, and Fire" says a voice with a sharp tone

ClericalTank
2018-01-22, 12:52 PM
"I choose Life, Revelry, and Friendship" Follows another voice.

finaldooms
2018-01-22, 07:36 PM
very well, the choice is made! the voices return in a rush! Suddenly flame appears in thr distance growing and growing untill you are looking at a sun, worlds appear surrounding it with life growing and joyous with many schools and a common united goal with the hope of spreading peace across the universe...such a utopia has never been seen before

Then. ..slowly the sun starts to fade darkening and growing in size...the words of peace turn into words of terror as the water rises across the world and all that which was sought before becomes forgotten in a watery tomb...the people no longer make tools to advance life and live on small rafts with barely any speech or joy..when they cross paths vicious battles ensue as they fight over resources until the end of times...
see now what choices have been made and know that without guidance there is no future... the sights fade and you find yourself in a town with a crowd shouting. .and yet no voice appears this time

ClericalTank
2018-01-22, 09:00 PM
Varyados is quite upset with this display, the cries of his creations nearly tearing his mind. The intent was true, yet the outcome was not. If only such power was bestowed unto me in full; I would yet show them a world capable of defying such rules, he thinks to himself as the images fade away.

As the crowd rages, Varyados opts to banish the previous thought, intent on learning more about his new surroundings.Spot:[roll0]
To find a focal point of the commotion.Sense Motive: [roll1]
To see what the fuss is about.Gather Information:[roll2]
Asking the crowd what's got everyone so riled.

Drath
2018-01-23, 02:01 AM
Lagos accepts the outcome knowing that nothing can last forever.
He looks over the crowd trying to find the reason for the commotion so that perhaps he can silence it.

Disguise: [roll0]

finaldooms
2018-01-23, 02:12 AM
It quickly becomes obvious that this crowd is centering around a rather large statue of a figure in a toga with a regal bearing and yet something seems...just a little off
The crowd seems to be yelling at a small group in front of this figure and have raised their fists in anger as the yelling increases to a fever pitch

quickly looking around for a disguise you realize the crowd is wearing togas and sandals and that you are dressed similar. .if not a little more fancy for you have purple slashes going around your toga

As you look onwards a rock flies from the crowd hitting the group and a young voice cries out in pain
what have we done to you?? We may not be the same but that doesnt make us monsters!!!

Drath
2018-01-23, 02:15 AM
messed up my name is Interitos not Lagos

Drath
2018-01-23, 02:22 AM
I push my way to the front and yell
That is enough there is no need for violence

finaldooms
2018-01-23, 03:23 AM
as you move closer you can see the figures are obviously non-human most of them are red or green and have horns rangibg from all sizes, there is a child in the back holding her head in pain

The crowd continues to jeer for a few moments before noticing your garments
m.m.m.y leige!! Surely you cant forgive these beasts for thr slaughter of our folks at damascus? They all deserve to persish to make our people whole again
At this the crowd chants softly .make us whole make us whole... And you feel like danger could still happen if not handled properly

you notice a tall figure with purple lined clothig step in front of the crowd and then they slowly become riled up again

Drath
2018-01-23, 06:40 AM
More slaughter will not make it right!
For if you are to slaughter them for something they did not do what is to stop me from slaughtering you!

ClericalTank
2018-01-23, 05:25 PM
There is wisdom in those words! Varyados interjects with a voice to match the man with a purple lined toga whilst gesturing toward him.

I would add that, should those folk be honest, 'twould be a fate most cruel to deny them the ability to claim honor for themselves!
And should they prove the most vile among villains, there is no realm in which the benefits of allowing all those borne in both the light of day or the blackness of night the right to strive for the community does not outweigh the inherent risk involved in so doing.
Verily, to strive to prove oneself an enemy of the people is unnecessary, as there is no difficulty with which to strive against in such a task; yet to strive to prove oneself an asset to the people--there is no greater goal to pursue, in difficulty or nobility; all must be allowed the time and ability to do so.

finaldooms
2018-01-23, 06:01 PM
At the sound of the booming voice people turn expecting yet another noble only to find .....a plain clothed branded man? They looj a few more times then dismiss him from their minds...

we have served you loyally my leige!! That alone should spare us your wrath and threats of slaughter for striking down these demons! ALL IS FOR THE EMPIRE! the crowd chants

..a few of the people near the branded man shuffle their feet having been close enough to feek tge intensity coming from him and one starts to slowly move away with a determined look in his eyes

Edit: this messed up color is the nonhumans...it broke somewhere

my leige..please help us..,we have but elderly and children left,
our men have spent their lives fighting to grow the empire..

if you want justice let them prove it in the gladiator pits!!!

Drath
2018-01-26, 10:16 AM
Aye to the pits we shall go,but i will do the fighting and when its done that is all i will hear of it!

finaldooms
2018-01-26, 11:25 AM
The crowd goes silent at hearing that the lord will fight in the place of these...non- humans...

But either way they form up and lead everyone to a gigantic coliseum.

well err..would my lord like to pick his weapon? the attendant pulls a sheet off a nearby table revealing rows of shining weapons and armor that look as if they were made today

The options for armor are - full plate, leather, chain shirt, scale mail, breastplate - and the attendent will help dress you

Weapons - greatsword,greataxe,flail,club,short sword,long sword, long bow c, short bow c, a staff that glows slightly, a wand that glows slightly, and a spear
All options may include a heavy steel shield if desired

The arena is 300ft long by 200 ft wide

ClericalTank
2018-01-26, 02:27 PM
Varyados follows the noble man to the Colosseum. Do you need a hand in defending the helpless? He asks him. I'm not entirely helpless myself, if I would dare to think so myself...

Drath
2018-01-27, 09:20 PM
To the branded man he nods
Aye i suspect my people may behave most unceremoniously even if we are to

He points to the leather armor and picks up the spear rolling it in his hands and making a few quicks thrusts nods his approval and begins to don the armor decling the shield

finaldooms
2018-01-27, 09:27 PM
as the attendant helps you don the armor you notice he purposely leaves the armor not fully connected

as tge armor is donned you feel confident you can take anything!! But due to an unknown issue ( perhaps its to small?) you actually lose 2ac!

The attendant is surprised by the fact a slave is allowed to help fight, but when prompted he offers the same supplies and grudgingly minus a spear and leather armor and he insists on you donning your own gear

( for spoilers i shall be referring yall as your usernames drath and cleric due to how much typing i have to add)

Drath
2018-01-29, 09:44 AM
[roll0]

I tighten up my straps and decide to have mercy on the attendant leaving him with that knowledge that if he tries something like that again it will mean his death

I turn to Varyados " Here pick what you will and prepare yourself the battle will be hard fought and bloody! "

watch the attendant he didnt fully buckle all of my armor and make sure to test your weapon

ClericalTank
2018-01-29, 11:22 AM
Varyados nods, then grabs the chain shirt and the greatsword, inspecting both by testing the links and jiggling the handle respectively. He dons the chain shirt, allowing the attendant to assist but keeping an eye on him to make sure he's actually helping. When he's done, Varyados asks the noble to double check the orientation of the armor.

Then, taking a step away from everything, Varyados grabs the greatsword and makes a few test swings in the air, taking care to measure the heft of the blade versus the handle.

After a while, Varyados lowers his blade. Ready?

Drath
2018-01-29, 12:01 PM
Interitos nods "I am"

he motions to the attendant and speaks "let the master of games know we are ready to begin"

finaldooms
2018-01-30, 05:35 AM
The attendant does a poor job at hiding his disappointment that you noticed his...error... But quickly hides behind a smile and refuses to help a mere slave get suited up

His smile quickly turns into a frown as varyados seems more than accustomed to donning armor and finishes in record time and with a few swings ( and pokes) the dou quickly discover these weapons are expertly made and seem to be slightly enchanted! both selected weapons and armor are +1 , the weapons also have keen ,
the armor has axe block which gives 5 dr against slashing

The attendant clears his throat after gawking and hurries to open the gates into the arena!!

HURRRRRRAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! the ROAR of the crowd is nearly deafening. As you look around you see the non-humans in a quite obvious circle with hund...no thousands of people in the stands for who can miss a chance at seeing a leader of the people actually offering to go down himself and fight for justice!! ..well and his slave...

welcome folks to the grandnasium!!!! We are here today to bring a fight of justice to order!! From the warrior gate we introduce our liege. ..INTERIOS!!!!!!!!!!
With his...slave for moral support!!! Annnnnnnndddd from the beast gate we have
... at the sound of tge announcer's voice a sudden boom is heard from the other gate 400ft away ..BOOM BOOM....BOOM. And with a loud crash out bursts a HUGE( yes thats its size if your curious) purple beast with vicious horns growing atop its head!!
THEEEEE BEHEMOTHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The beast roars !!

Drath
2018-01-30, 10:34 AM
Interitos is taken aback surprised at the tenacity of the gamesman he wonders how they ever managed to bring one in alive.

He steels himself and walks out onto the sand giving words of encouragement to varyados. "We will beat this we must..I have accepted death and will not fear this!"

ClericalTank
2018-01-30, 11:29 AM
'Tis not you who would fear for your life, but those you'd defend might; should you fall, the people would have more reason to hate those who took their beloved leader from them.

New AC: 17/f15/t12
DR 5/Piercing, Bludgeoning
Weapon: Greatsword +4 (2d6+4) 17-20x2

The duo enter the arena, and upon seeing "Theeeee Behemothhhhhhhh!", Varyados quips, How many stakes you think we can make outta this?

HP: 14/14
AC: 17
Initiative: [roll0]

finaldooms
2018-01-30, 11:39 PM
The beast shakes its head and looks around before focusing on the small group ahead and a deep rage seems to come alive in its eyes!
With a sudden roar that shakes the stands it lunges from 300ft away!!! It doesnt quite reach though and lands 15 ft from the dou!!( realized a tad late how strong this could have been if yall had to eat AOO to reach so here you go)
Combat start!! Current order untill drath rolls is..clerical,drath,behemoth( used its turn to really move!!)

ClericalTank
2018-01-31, 02:19 AM
Varyados laughs at his own quip and it quickly fades into the aether as the beast approaches at well over 45 feet per second.

Well, THIS just became my life.

Varyados takes a 5' step towards the beast and to the right. If we try to fight on opposite ends, perhaps it will only focus its attentions on one of us? Minimizes some risk, at the very least, he says as he watches the beast's movements, preparing his sword to assist in deflecting blows from any direction. (Total Defense)
HP 14/14
AC:17(21)
Initiative: 11

Drath
2018-02-02, 11:09 AM
"I agree flanking the beast is the best option"Interitos moves feet towards the other direction

AC: 15/f13/t12 DR 5/piercing, Bludgeoning Weapon: Long Spear 10ft reach (1d8+4) 18-20x3

finaldooms
2018-02-02, 03:53 PM
With a rawr the beast looks between the 2 and seems to be conflicted for the moment leaving them free to act again!

[roll0]

if 75 or higher behemoth acts normal

If 50 -74 behemoth casts magic!

If 25-49 behemoth begins preparinga massive spell

If 24 or less behemoth acts differently

ClericalTank
2018-02-02, 05:37 PM
[roll0]If 91-00, DM is the coolest person I know.
If 51-90, DM only accidentally killed us
If 01-50, DM lied to us and is the epitome of NE.

Varyados continues his strafing approach.

Over here, you overgrown quadrupedal eggplant! He says as he swings his hefty sword, refusing to lean into it for fear of heavy reprisal. To Hit/Confirm: [roll1]+2
Damage: [roll2] Slashing, Magic
HP 14/14
AC:17(19)

Drath
2018-02-10, 10:14 AM
"Ive got this!"

He lets out a loud battle cry and charges the beast with his spear

-2 AC and +2 to hit till next turn
[roll0]
[roll1]

Drath
2018-02-10, 10:15 AM
[roll0]
33 damage

finaldooms
2018-02-10, 10:42 AM
the behemoth flinches in surprise as Interitos charges and stabs it with his long spear! dealing 11 damage then in a gutteral voice obviously not made to speak in a known tounge it starts casting a spell leaving itself open to attack! ( AOO from BOTH drath and clerical please)

[roll0] concentration if needed

then with a final howl he casts a spell! Mind Fog
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 5, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: Fog spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 ft. high
Duration: 30 minutes and 2d6 rounds; see text
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

Mind fog produces a bank of thin mist that weakens the mental resistance of those caught in it. Creatures in the mind fog take a -10 competence penalty on Wisdom checks and Will saves. (A creature that successfully saves against the fog is not affected and need not make further saves even if it remains in the fog.) Affected creatures take the penalty as long as they remain in the fog and for 2d6 rounds thereafter. The fog is stationary and lasts for 30 minutes (or until dispersed by wind).

A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses the fog in four rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round.

The fog is thin and does not significantly hamper vision.
behemoth chooses to auto fail his save so -10 to wis and will
need a WILL SAVE folks!!
at the completion of the spell a thin fog seems to form in a huge circle centered on the beast and everyone feels as if their thoughts and reactions are being hampered!

Drath
2018-02-10, 10:50 AM
Noticing an opening he stabs the beast again with his spear

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2]
Take that you mongrel!

Drath
2018-02-10, 10:52 AM
Interitos defiantly tries to resist the fog

[roll0]

ClericalTank
2018-02-10, 02:21 PM
Varyados feels rewarded for his prudence and takes another swing!To Hit/Confirm:[roll0]+2
Damage: [roll1]
[roll2]

ClericalTank
2018-02-10, 02:38 PM
Will Save:[roll0]

ClericalTank
2018-02-10, 10:23 PM
Oh right...Varyados' turn.
5' step counter-clockwise around the beast and SLASH!
To Hit/Confirm: [roll0]+2
Damage: [roll1] x2 if critHP 14/14

Drath
2018-02-20, 06:59 AM
I move 5 feet so Interitos and varydos are flanking and i attack

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

finaldooms
2018-02-20, 12:36 PM
Interios and the behemoth fail the will save!! They suffer -10 to will saves and all wisdom based checks for as long as they remain in the fog and an extra rounds later then the party sets up a flank! Gaining +2 to all hits and strike successfully!! Dealing. 19 damage
The behemoth roars and then scratches his head
you realize the behemoth seems to be controlled!!
Its obviously not acting quite like the normal beast of terror it should be and you find that highly suspicious ..what do you do?
1d100[/roll]

ClericalTank
2018-02-21, 11:30 PM
Varyados takes a bit of time to attempt to notice things, but commits his turn to making an attack while processing the information.

Spot (reaction): [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1]

Still Fighting Defensively:
To Hit: [roll2]+4
Damage: [roll3] Slash, Magical
Crit: 17-20(x2)HP 14/14

Drath
2018-02-23, 05:10 PM
You will not win!
Stabs viciously with his spear

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

finaldooms
2018-02-26, 10:15 AM
the behemoth's thick hide manages to divert the spear from wounding it but the distraction gives a chance for a savage blow with the greatsword!! it roars in pain and proceeds to start preparing a spell once again!! the beast is starting to look rather wounded! and the crowd is going wild at seeing the blood leaking from the wounds!!!
yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!
( I need AOO from both of yall and your turn)

spot or spellcraft at dc 10 still remains for the spoiler from above!!

ClericalTank
2018-03-01, 09:53 AM
[roll0]+4
[roll1]
17-20(x2)

Varyados gets the nagging feeling like he's missing something and assesses the situation again while nixing defense for his next blow!
Spot: [roll2] (I don't think Spellcraft allows rerolls)

No longer Fighting Defensively.
Hit: [roll3] +6
[roll4]
17-20(x2)HP 14/14
AC:17