PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder opinions on what blade skill to pick

Air0r
2018-01-19, 03:14 PM
So, I am playing a tiefling Soulknife, currently level 1, but level 2 is fast approaching. and the first hard choice comes quickly: What blade Skill to pick!
my stats (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w3e8V7bLcPqVgWzaX7YVVFo38VJPly4rXR4vnNW3eSc/edit?usp=sharing)
ability scores were rolled, background skills from pathfinder unchained are in place. oh, and bastard was taken with DM permission, even though I later found out it was supposed to be human only.

I am essentially the party's tank, so I was initially thinking Mark of the Challenger, though realized it doesn't scale, so at level 6 may become rarely used.
I am also eyeing Telekinetic Athleticism (from Psionics Augmented: Soulknives) which would give me Mental Leap and Speed of Thought feats, which would nicely offset the speed reduction from medium armor.

what do you guys think? what would you guys pick (not just from those two, but in general)?

Sayt
2018-01-20, 06:37 AM
Telekinetic Athleticism is pretty good at second level, especially if you're picking up Psionic Body to qualify for Psionic Meditation.

Going forward, Ghost Step, Swift Imbuement, Powerful Strikes, Kmife to the Soul and Devastating Blade are all good powers. Cleave Space is also decent, if you want to spend the feats on the Dimensional Agility tree (which is strong, and powerful (especially with Outflank), but expensive)

You can also take Psionic Training to take Swift Imbuement and Improved Psychic Strike.

Air0r
2018-01-20, 03:21 PM
Telekinetic Athleticism is pretty good at second level, especially if you're picking up Psionic Body to qualify for Psionic Meditation.

Going forward, Ghost Step, Swift Imbuement, Powerful Strikes, Kmife to the Soul and Devastating Blade are all good powers. Cleave Space is also decent, if you want to spend the feats on the Dimensional Agility tree (which is strong, and powerful (especially with Outflank), but expensive)

You can also take Psionic Training to take Swift Imbuement and Improved Psychic Strike.

After last session, I am actually realizing that the speed boost is going to be worth it.

my loose feat list for 3 and up:
3- swift imbuement
5- Fiend Sight
7- Improved Psychic Strike
9-Fiend Sight (again)
11- Fiendish Darkness
13- Expanded Fiendish Resistance (may swap 11 and 13)
Nothing planned after that

loose blade skill list for 4 and up:
4- Vampiric Blade
6-Powerful Strikes
I haven't planned past that point yet