PDA

View Full Version : What Class Are You?

raistlin807
2007-08-25, 02:17 PM
This is a post where you are encouraged to be as honest with yourself as possible, no ego or hubris allowed. After some careful introspection, what class and alignment do you think best represents your actual personality? I had this idea after my friend told me I was as uptight as a Paladin. (yes I am that much of a nerd)

kamikasei
2007-08-25, 02:18 PM
This is a post where you are encouraged to be as honest with yourself as possible, no ego or hubris allowed. After some careful introspection, what class and alignment do you think best represents your actual personality? I had this idea after my friend told me I was as uptight as a Paladin. (yes I am that much of a nerd)

A level 2-4 Expert, either NG or TN. I doubt anyone hereabouts could legitimately claim to need PC class levels.

Also this might belong in Silly Message Board Games.

grinner666
2007-08-25, 02:21 PM
Abilities? Monk.

Personality? That one's tougher. But probably Wizard. Learning keeps you young. So does acquiring lots and lots of supernatural power. :smallbiggrin:

Alignment? Probably CN. Personal freedom is one of my big watchwords.

Crow
Class: Expert1/Fighter1

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (shoe-horned into Neutral-Neutral when stuck at work)

Tengu
I doubt anyone hereabouts could legitimately claim to need PC class levels.

The answer is:

After some careful introspection, what class and alignment do you think best represents your actual personality?

So there, people can choose PC classes.

As for me? Psion. Mystical powers, fueled by your own intellect, but coming from within you instead of learning and memorizing stuff that makes your head hurt? Yes please.

Fax Celestis
2007-08-25, 02:23 PM
Totemist. Probably 3 or 4.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-08-25, 02:29 PM
Warlock 3/rogue 1. Chaotic evil. As for race people have told me I'm very much like a tiefling; Pointed teeth, peculiar eyebrows and resistance to the elements, not to mention the taste for evil.

starwoof
2007-08-25, 02:36 PM
I'm a bard! Probably level 3 or something with most of my skills put into perform (comedy), profession (nerd), and knowledge (nerd).:smallwink:

Tengu
2007-08-25, 02:41 PM
profession (nerd)

Does that mean that you can make a living just by being a nerd?

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-25, 02:42 PM
Bard and/or Rogue! Most liekly, Bard for Martial weapons. I'm ecclectic, and have many skill point spread out over many skills - some of which cross-class. The best way to reflect varied learning, would, I guess be reflected by one o' those skillmonkies.

Also, I'm a big fan of disdirection and deceit. I found fooling people funny. It never harms anyone - except maybe my diaphram.
I'd put my alignment at NG.
Mostly becuase bards can't be Lawful, and I often get chewed out for disrespecting authority. (Its the Navy way.)

Also of note is: I like playing underpowered charecters. Mundane classes FTW!

Yes - this means I like fighters and rogues and dislike wizards and druids. Sue me.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-25, 02:44 PM
Paladin. Paladin all the way. Maybe Archivist too, but mostly paladin.

Drider
2007-08-25, 02:46 PM
Mostly everyone would be "experts" but "commoners" would be 99% kids would would'nt have become experts yet. So I say I'd probably be LN or N level 1 commoner, level 1-2 expert.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-25, 02:47 PM
This is reflecting your personality, not byreal-life abilities - in real life, I'm probably a Warrior - or, using D20 Modern, a Smart Normal with the military occupation.

Wulfram
2007-08-25, 02:47 PM
Pretty much a commoner, since I'm too lazy to be something else, though with good Int. Knowledge skills being cross class is a bit of a problem, but I guess it'll help keep me from being any use, which is appropriate.

If I was a PC, I'd make a decent Wizard, though having to learn my spells every day would be truly tedious, and would be ridiculously bad at any else. I'm too wussy to be a fighter, too decadent to be a barbarian, too cynical to be Cleric or Paladin, too matierialistic to be a druid or a monk and don't have either the charisma or requisite sillyness to be a Sorceror or Bard.

psychoticbarber
2007-08-25, 02:51 PM
Neutral Good Bard (If that's legal. I think some of the alignment restrictions are bogus), becoming a Lawful Good Paladin afterwards.

I'm on the fence between them both, so I thought I'd say both.

Drider
2007-08-25, 02:51 PM
Does that mean that you can make a living just by being a nerd?

http://www.geeksquad.com/?PSRCH

http://www.pvponline.com/article/1000/Mon-Aug-27?y=

Geeks have many more job opportunities(spelling?)

Exarch
2007-08-25, 02:56 PM
My friends and brother are quite insistant on me being a Paladin. However, I think I'm much more likely to be a Ranger who focuses on the ranged combat style. And without an animal companion (though that can be fixed).

Orzel
2007-08-25, 03:05 PM
Ranger

My personality is almost 100% "Plan, Ambush, Strike, Take a hit, Strike Again, Disengage."

CG alignment. Your rules and ways, they stink.

ranger89
2007-08-25, 03:08 PM
Wow. I'm shocked by the number of paladins out there. :smallwink:

I've been told that I'm a archetypical ranger (hence my user name). I prefer to work alone, need to have quality time by myself, and I'm always looking ahead to see what's coming next. I'm a huge cat lover so I guess I'd have a cat as a companion.

As for alignment, RAW I'd say I used to be CG in my youth but now I'm probably LG.

Yeril
2007-08-25, 03:18 PM
Level 2 commoner

with 3 ranks in Craft (Avatar)

drawingfreak
2007-08-25, 03:28 PM
CG Bard with several Character Flaws.

Xefas
2007-08-25, 03:33 PM
Hmmmm...

Lawful Neutral, Balor Racial Progression (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31160), probably only to level 17-18 so far.

It was hard...knowing I've always been different from other kids...why they'd never let me grapple my friends in the schoolyard...why my parents were so ashamed of my alignment...

KazilDarkeye
2007-08-25, 03:34 PM
Defenitely Wizard or Loremaster. Knowledge is power after all.

Barring that a fleshwarper, not sure what kind of preference to which grafts.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-08-25, 03:39 PM
CG Bard for me, too. With a decently high intelligence, pretty awesome charisma, no wisdom to speak of, terrible constitution, surprisingly high strength, and incredible dexterity. Despite the low wisdom, several feats were dropped into maintaining an enormous Will save, as well as twitch reflexes. Flaws include a hefty dose of narcissism, absent-mindedness, -4 will saves against beautiful women, and extreme laziness. I have the leadership feat and a good score with it, but I happen to prefer not using it as it goes against my laziness flaw. Probably halfling or half-elf.

PlatinumJester
2007-08-25, 03:44 PM
CN katana wielding Dwarven Barbarian.

de-trick
2007-08-25, 03:53 PM
id say 2 levels bard 3 barbarian

Kurobara
2007-08-25, 04:20 PM
Don't really know quite what level, but definitely Bard. (EDIT: Come to think of it, definitely a level or two of Factotum as well. And probably surprisingly low CHA for a Bard, though no so low as to be useless. More of an INT focus, though.) Most likely CN with CG aspirations.

Skills... a couple ranks in Speak Language (I don't think I'd count my high-school Latin, but I'd definitely count my Japanese, and I'm about to stick another point in it for Arabic when I level up :smalltongue:), a smattering of various Knowledges and Crafts. Probably nothing maxed out but Perform (sing), though close on Perform (wind instruments).

If you go with Modern, I'm definitely a Smart Hero on the last level of finishing prereqs for Field Scientist. (Last year of undergrad before heading off somewhere as-yet-undecided to get a Master's in Forensic Science. :smallbiggrin:)

Damage Control
2007-08-25, 04:20 PM
Level 7 Psion, Telepath discipline. Lots of fun manipulation powers there.

EDIT: Whoops, pressed submit early.

Probably CN due to heavy cynicism, but not afraid to do good things.
Skills, I'd probably have ranks in Bluff, Sense Motive, Diplomacy, Perform (theatre), Concentration and Psicraft.
Feats: Psicrystal Affinity, Psionic Body, Extend Power, Psicrystal Containment, Psionic Meditation, Empower Power
Powers:
1st: Attraction, Vigor, Mind Thrust, Far Hand, Psionic Charm
2nd: Aversion, Ego Whip, Control Sound, Psionic Suggestion
3rd: Crisis of Breath, False Sensory Input, Body Adjustment, Telekinetic Thrust
4th: Death Urge, Psionic Dominate

I'm tempted to do items and such too, but that would be overkill, considering all we were asked for was class.

stolenchariot
2007-08-25, 05:01 PM
Have to say maybe Bard five with maxed diplomacy, sense motive, and Perform(Comedy).

Kiero
2007-08-25, 05:25 PM
Fighter with brains.

bloodluster
2007-08-25, 05:38 PM
CE Barbarian/Wizard biatch!

Zincorium
2007-08-25, 05:45 PM
Chaotic good cleric with no diety and no spells. Tough, but still mostly useless.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-25, 05:49 PM
LG Cleric of Athiesm.:smallbiggrin:

No really ... Wizard/Loremaster. LG still.

Mugen Nightgale
2007-08-25, 05:58 PM
Am I the only sorcerer? heheuhe.. CN.

Too lazy to be a wizard.

Wraith
2007-08-25, 06:02 PM
I worked out a little while ago that I would probably be a Neutral Good Sorcerer at level 5-6 - I'm a bookish type with a tendency to rely on memory and natural talent instead of study, which is the difference between that and Wizard - with 2-3 ranks of Rogue tacked on at the bottom for the Hide and Move Silently ranks that I strangely seem so proficient in.

InsaneOrb
2007-08-25, 06:03 PM
LN Wizard. It's not even a contest. I'm overpowered!

At a stretch, I could be considered a Wizard/Cleric.

ForzaFiori
2007-08-25, 07:32 PM
going on ability, lv 4 monk who has lost the slow fall ability somehow.

going on how i think, rogue 20

AL: CG, CN on a bad day

TSGames
2007-08-25, 07:56 PM

I think my class would be from d20 modern... But if I was a DnD class I would a paladin of some kind or other. My arguments would go something like this:

RandomInfidel:Blahblahvalidpointblahblah
Me:I see the validity of your position but I-
*Pimpsmack/smite*
RandomInfidel:Owww. You F%&*ING slapped me? What's wrong with you?!
ME:I'm sorry, you see I was actually raised as a paci-
*Pimpsmack/smite*again* (walks away slowly)

Setra
2007-08-25, 08:00 PM
Well my alignment of probably Lawful Neutral (Or Lawful Evil).

So maybe some sort Fallen Paladin, who lost faith in humanity. Something like Fallen Paladin 2/Fighter 1.

Collin152
2007-08-25, 08:03 PM
I am most certainly a CN Wizard. I loves mah books, I value my mind more then my looks or bod, and anyone who knows me knows I'm not quite the same day to day, and can change my attitude and personality quirks faster then the wind shifts direction. It's wierd!

blackspeeker
2007-08-25, 09:06 PM
After much soul searching I believe in my heart of hearts I would be a rogue, alignments a little sticky, probably true neutral since my personal code of ethics is all over the place.

SpiderKoopa
2007-08-25, 09:18 PM
Neutral Good with chaotic tendencies (morality above law ftw).
Preist2/wizard1
Probably heading to mystic theurge. Which will probably get me flayed on this thread. :smallamused:

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-25, 09:35 PM
Chaotic Good Wizard.

Spells are kind of like programing...

Vincentrose91
2007-08-25, 10:00 PM
Chaotic neutral Wizard, because i am smart, and not much else.
the lazy wizard that only prepares a few spells a day...

CASTLEMIKE
2007-08-25, 11:22 PM
LN Red Wizard of Thay with the Merchant Prince PRC.

tsuyoshikentsu
2007-08-25, 11:42 PM
Gnome Neutral Good Archvist 12/Paragnostic Apostle 5/Loremaster 3

Feats:

Scribe Scroll (B)
Trivial Knowledge
Knowledge Domain
Draconic Archivist
Archivist of Nature
Skill Focus (Knowledge: Religion) (B)
Craft Wondrous Item
Extend Spell

Skill tricks: Collector of Stories

I'm 6' 2" IRL, but everyone says I have a Gnommish personailty. Besides, Trivial Knowledge totally fits me.

BardicDuelist
2007-08-26, 01:09 AM
Factotum. I have a great general knowledge and rely on my intellect to imitate things I have seen or to develop new things. I am also completely unfocused in my persuits.

Possible runner-ups are bard (I am an unprofessional actor, playwright, magician, and musician) and swashbuckler (I am a trained fencer). These can both be represented by factotum in a sense with skill and feat selection, and so I feel factotum is probably the best fit. I, while not uncharisimatic, use my intellect most while writing music and plays or developing magic tricks (which I no longer do since I should have said that I WAS a magician, and technically a professional).

As far as alignment, NG seems to fit the best as I believe that law and crime must be balanced for a society to function.

As far as race, I tend to lean toward Half-Elf in most aspects of my life.

Also, in a fantasy world I would definately learn magic, and due to my non-religious nature and high intellect (somwhere around 160 IQ according to several professionally administered tests) wizardy would be the only real option to me. I would not want to give up my fencing though, and so again I feel that factotum represents this best.

Also, I apologise for tooting my own horn in this, but I am merely providing this as a justification of my statement, not as a way to brag.

Lavin
2007-08-26, 01:17 AM
Probably a level 2-4 Druid. I have an obsession with nature and the outdoors. Surprising, I know, but this nerd likes to get out every once in a while...
(")=^.^=(")

Tellah
2007-08-26, 01:51 AM
Bard, rolling nothing but bardic knowledge, diplomacy, bluff and sense motive all day long. Future lawyer here.

WillWolf
2007-08-26, 01:51 AM
Druid all the way. *nods* Probably Lawful Neutral at that.

Kurald Galain
2007-08-26, 04:55 AM
Wizard.

Specifically, a computer wizard.

But no, I don't do pointy hats.

Inane-Fedaykin
2007-08-26, 05:34 AM
A ranger/barbarian/paladin if I had to choose but I think I'm either ridiculously multi classed or a class no one's ever heard of. I've never seen the need to bind myself to a particular allignment so I'm just gonna call myself non evil.

Class features I figure I have: Rage, animal empathy, uncanny dodge, smite, divine grace, bardic knowledge
Feats I figure I have: Endurance, Diehard, improved unarmed strike, improved trip, power attack
Skills I figure I have: Handle Animal (max ranks) Sense Motive (max ranks)

Tower
2007-08-26, 05:37 AM
probably NG combination fighter/cleric or cleric/monk
I know Monks can't be neutral and I'm not lawful enough, but close to monk than fighter

Dhavaer
2007-08-26, 05:53 AM
Psion. My powers are definately Intelligence based, but I study like crabs play hopscotch.
True neutral out of laziness, decent physical abilities, good Intelligence, poor Wisdom and mediocre Charisma.

dr.cello
2007-08-26, 07:13 AM
Alignment? CN, with a dash of CG. For the most part I adopt a laissez-faire attitude to life, and expect, in return, to be left alone. I resent authority but if other people want it that's their problem. I'm also whimsical and occasionally capricious. I don't like seeing people fighting or suffering (and I use the word broadly to include people who are just in a bad mood), but my laissez-faire attitude tends to extend to caring about things, either positively or negatively.

Class-wise, rogue generally suits my flavor fairly well--I have a sort of flexible attitude towards rules (read: I will break rules that I don't like, if I think I can get away with it). I like subtle solutions to problems, I like being the expert, and I don't like playing fair. I'm uncomfortable without a trick up my sleeve. I pride myself on my ability to think on my feet. And I'm damn clever. I mean, seriously.

Laurellien
2007-08-26, 09:09 AM
Not saying I'm level 20, but if I were level 20, my build would be like this

CG Monk 5/Barbarian 1/Cleric 4 (Luck Domain)/Archivist 7/Bard 3

Feats:

Extended Rage
Point Blank Shot
a few others

JWhitehead
2007-08-26, 02:01 PM
Im a neutral good cleric of well yaweh i guess:smallamused:
I calculated my fort save once and as such I believe myself to be first or maybe second level
now if only God was willing to give me my spells each morning:smallbiggrin:

Morty
2007-08-26, 02:04 PM
Hm. I'm a bookworm, which suggests Wizard. But I'm also awfully quick-tempered, which suggests Barbarian. Tough choice.
Alignment-wise, True Neutral.

TheLogman
2007-08-26, 02:04 PM
Noble 2, with a higher Intelligence and Charisma score, and a low Strength and Constitution. Oh, and CG alignment, I follow the rules, but I do good mostly spontaneously.

Swooper
2007-08-26, 02:35 PM
Chaotic Good Wizard.

Spells are kind of like programing...
Same here, except I'm likely TN with lawful tendencies.

Deepblue706
2007-08-26, 03:34 PM
Well, I'm nothing like a Barbarian, as I'm quite a calm person...and I don't quite have an attunement to wilderness. Also, I can read (I think).

Howabout a Bard? I know a thing or two about music, and I would like to think of myself as a "Jack of All Trades", but I really couldn't qualify as having Bardic Knowledge, etc, and I'd never do anything as *stupid* as singing in battle.

Cleric? Nnnno.

Druid? I'm no flippin' Hippie.

Fighter? I enjoy swordplay and war games, but I don't really have any motivation to retain the strict discipline that combat training requires.

Monk? Sorry, I can't shake the idea of a sword or a spear or any martial weapon being better than a pair of fists. Also, again, too much discipline.

Paladin? I don't have the heart to "crusade".

Ranger? Again, I'm no woodsman or survivalist.

Rogue? This is probably my best match - rogues need to be clever, patient, and wary. They've got that medium BAB, so while they're not warriors, they aren't defenseless. I think I could have fit as a rogue.

Sorcerer? I don't do things "by feel".

Wizard? Maybe...I'm not quite studious with most things, but I can really delve into what I'm passionate about. If I can psyche myself into majoring in engineering, I think I could have psyched myself into going through the rigorous mental training for magic.

So, Rogue, and/or Wizard.

Oh, wait, there's one class that'd probably be a good match for me: The Factotum. Stabbing things, using skills, and learning spells, without having bardic music? I'm versatile, but not really amazing at anything - I think this class would fit me well.

Matthew
2007-08-26, 07:26 PM
I would be surprised if more than 1 in a 1,000 of us was a Non NPC Class.

Naleh
2007-08-26, 07:36 PM
Pretty much a commoner, since I'm too lazy to be something else, though with good Int. Knowledge skills being cross class is a bit of a problem, but I guess it'll help keep me from being any use, which is appropriate.

If I was a PC, I'd make a decent Wizard, though having to learn my spells every day would be truly tedious, and would be ridiculously bad at any else. I'm too wussy to be a fighter, too decadent to be a barbarian, too cynical to be Cleric or Paladin, too matierialistic to be a druid or a monk and don't have either the charisma or requisite sillyness to be a Sorceror or Bard.

Gods, that's exactly the same as me.

Other details:

My level is 1. Definitely level 1. At most.

My alignment is LN, tending towards N.

My Int would probably be 13 or 14, but the rest of my stats would be closer to 6...

Machete
2007-08-26, 07:43 PM
Marshall or Aristocrat 1/Ranger 1 (TWF-Machetes)

Anarchist, primitive enthusiast, survivalist, trained in supervision(yes I know its ironic), and some other things. Chaotic Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral, or True Neutral depending on what I need at the moment. Chaotic Good at heart.

BardicDuelist
2007-08-26, 10:16 PM

Well, one must remember that, first of all, most people don't want to think of themselves as somthing which is less than somthing else (which I do realize is not setting ego aside). Also, since we are picking a fantasy class for a fantasy game, most people probably want to be at least slightly fantastic. While odds are that most of us would not have any access to magic, many of use would like to imagine that we would.

Also, we are choosing classes which fit our personality traits and are defined by narrow peramaters, since most people would not actually be wholely defined as a class and there are considerable societal changes between a mideval fantasy world and our own (since knowledge training is more common and the average "commoner" is certainly not a farmer, at least not in western society).

Realistically, most of us are probably experts with some of the other mundane classes mixed in occasionally (like warrior or rogue, but then one must determine weather a military fighter and a martial artist would be the same class in this day and age, etc).

Simply, I seriously doubt that accurately defining any realitively large and diverse group of people in the terms of D&D is even possible, and yet it is realitively fun to try to figure out who "you" would be.

Thrawn183
2007-08-27, 12:02 AM
Barbarian/Wizard multiclass headed towards Rage Mage.

warmachine
2007-08-27, 03:53 AM
Lawful Good Wizard. As arcane magic is the science, that's where I'd be.

Matthew
2007-08-27, 04:13 AM
*snip*

Yeah, looking more closely at the OP, I realise that the idea is to find a Class that most reflects your personality, which leaves me at something of a loss, since Classes don't have any personality in and of themselves (with the exception, perhaps, of a Paladin), they just have game roles.

nagora
2007-08-27, 05:46 AM
Yeah, looking more closely at the OP, I realise that the idea is to find a Class that most reflects your personality, which leaves me at something of a loss, since Classes don't have any personality in and of themselves (with the exception, perhaps, of a Paladin), they just have game roles.

Well, then: what class would you pick to be if someone transported you to Greyhawk or CSIO or whatever, and you had to live there? "Farmer" and similar are not options...

I'd go for fighter, myself. Mainly because I love swordfighting.

Matthew
2007-08-27, 05:59 AM
No idea. They all have their advantages and disadvantages (like getting killed). A Cleric has a fairly strong appeal.

Pironious
2007-08-27, 07:14 AM
True Neutral Rogue. Almost verging on neutral evil at times.

Strength and Con penalties, reasonably wisdom, good int and average cha.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-08-27, 07:41 AM
See sig.

Although it doesn't work, I'd say an LN bard suits me well.

Alignment, leaning towards neutral.

Classes, leaning towards sorcerer and rogue (hence, the bard)

AKA_Bait
2007-08-27, 08:00 AM
If we are going PC classes:

LN Bard
None of that music stuff though, Perform: Oratory.
Also, I know gobs and gobs of random information and can kick a little butt so long as the person I'm against isn't actually trained in butt kicking (i.e. full BAB).

And yes, I know LN is not allowed for bards but that's what I am, other than possible TN or NG. ;-P

cody.burton
2007-08-27, 08:05 AM
For me, NG leaning towards LG Ranger 1/Archivist 1/ Wizard X

Caduceus
2007-08-27, 08:15 AM
Lawful Neutral Rogue with cross-class ranks in Heal.

OverdrivePrime
2007-08-27, 08:48 AM
Ranger 1 / Barbarian 3 / Spirit Shaman x were I to be transferred straight over to a fantasy environment.

for d20 Modern, I'd be a combination of a Tough / Charismatic hero, with the Unbreakable and Leadership trees.

Inane-Fedaykin
2007-08-27, 08:55 AM

Will is power. I'm not an NPC because I decided I won't be. I imagine most other people are the same way.

Matthew
2007-08-27, 09:12 AM
Will is power. I'm not an NPC because I decided I won't be. I imagine most other people are the same way.

Nice for you, I suppose, though I doubt that NPCs are capable of willing themselves to be PCs. Hardly the point anyway, which was itself unrelated to the original question (as BardicDuelist pointed out).

Inane-Fedaykin
2007-08-27, 09:20 AM
Nice for you, I suppose, though I doubt that NPCs are capable of willing themselves to be PCs.But that's the difference. I was saying (in my own round-about way) that most people refuse to be something as puny as an NPC.
Hardly the point anyway, which was itself unrelated to the original question (as BardicDuelist pointed out).

Threads evolve.

Matthew
2007-08-27, 09:25 AM
Threads evolve.

Yes they do.

But that's the difference. I was saying (in my own round-about way) that most people refuse to be something as puny as an NPC.

Yes, which is fine. However, what I was discussing (in the wrong context, as it turned out) was the fact that in D&D NPC Classed individuals are assumed to be the overwhelming majority of the population. I was just making a statement about the demographic expectations as outlined in the DMG.

Unscrewed
2007-08-27, 10:01 AM
Artificer, maybe magewright. I'm smart, but not wizard smart. My physical stats are average, con a bit above average, so I can take a hit and not go down. Wis is kinda low, but that just makes things more fun.:smallbiggrin: Also, something about making magic gadgets really appeals to me.

Quietus
2007-08-27, 10:17 AM
I'd have to say Bard, possibly Neutral Good - but on the lower end of what qualifies as Good. I'm no Mother Theresa, but I do on occasion go out of my way to do something nice. As for performance, well, I've got maybe a half rank in Perform (flute), but if I have any actual ranks in Perform, they aren't fit for discussing here. Mostly lots of ranks in social skills, I can talk my way into, and out of, any situation. Only level 1 or 2, however - and the only reason I'd imagine myself as level 2 is because I suspect that I qualify for the Bluff synergy to Diplomacy.

Telonius
2007-08-27, 10:25 AM
Hmmm ... probably Bard. Bunches of useless knowledge, can play a couple instruments, reasonably good at bluffing and diplomacy.

As for the NPC issue ... the overwhelming majority of people do not play D&D regularly. I figure that makes us the PCs and them the NPCs. :smallbiggrin:

Senna
2007-08-27, 10:35 AM
Rogue. Probably chaotic good, but I suppose that's up for debate. I already have sneak. Used to irritate college friends by being in their room, sometimes actually sitting down at the desk or whatnot, before they were aware I was there, and I used to pull mirror tricks and such to have advance warning when someone was coming to visit my place. Don't much like fighting, but when I have to I'll use whatever I have at my disposal to get the job done, even if it seems a little underhanded to the "purists" of honor out there. :-/

Goblin Music
2007-08-27, 10:37 AM
NE Bard/Rouge personally

Draz74
2007-08-27, 11:06 AM
Lawful Good Cloistered Cleric.

Bitzeralisis
2007-08-27, 11:09 AM
TN Wizard. With low wisdom.

Zim
2007-08-27, 11:21 AM
It has been widely established on several messageboards and by many disgruntled ex-girlfriends that I have no class; never mind abilities, talents or feats. :smallbiggrin:

That or BBn1/Expert 3. I don't get the bonus feat for being human (see above re: ex-girlfriends).

WhiteHarness
2007-08-27, 12:09 PM
I like how the OP requested that we approach this with "no ego or hubris," yet everybody fancies himself a wizard, paladin, or monk. Every time somebody starts up a thread like this (which seems to be about once a month or so), we have paladins and monks and psions crawling out of the woodwork. Matthew's right--we're all commoners, experts, and maybe a very few warriors. If you've got time to hang around on an internet message board, you probably do not belong to an adventuring PC class. I won't even go into how there really is no such thing as a wizard, psion, or monk this time...:smallsigh:

Rex Blunder
2007-08-27, 12:16 PM
I'm a d8! Oh, wait, wrong thread?

ok... then i'm a samurai. Because in real life, I'm mechanically weak!

BardicDuelist
2007-08-27, 12:24 PM
I like how the OP requested that we approach this with "no ego or hubris," yet everybody fancies himself a wizard, paladin, or monk. Every time somebody starts up a thread like this (which seems to be about once a month or so), we have paladins and monks and psions crawling out of the woodwork. Matthew's right--we're all commoners, experts, and maybe a very few warriors. If you've got time to hang around on an internet message board, you probably do not belong to an adventuring PC class. I won't even go into how there really is no such thing as a wizard, psion, or monk this time...:smallsigh:

One, as I have allready pointed out, the OP asked for the class which best suited your personality (which I do see as odd since classes do not have inherent personality, but I think most people get what he meant by that).

Also, I check message boards, but I also practice fencing for two to three hours a day.

Really though, when was the last time a D&D, or even a d20M, style adventure actually really happened. Or that the world was divided up between a handful (or maybe two-hands full) of explecit categories and a single person's talents can be so easily difined by a set of statistics, let alone this remain consistant. Even so, many people like to try, because it amuses them.

Sure, if the above were possible, we're all probably commoners or experts, but then this thread would be boring. THIS IS FOR FUN. Sure, it may not be fun for you, but it is not trying to infringe upon your fun. By posting that here, you are trying to infringe upon ours. It doesn't matter that you're right, because that is not the point of this thread.

Indon
2007-08-27, 01:00 PM
In regards to personality, I'm probably about a 2 Sorceror/3-4 Wizard.

Realistically, however, I am a Warrior/Expert with over 5 class levels; I can reliably hit DC 10 Knowledge checks in my field, my feats are largely combat-related, and this assumes I have 12 int (max rank 8+1 modifier). Really, since I can almost always hit higher DC checks (15-20), I'm probably even higher level than that, 5's all I can 'realistically' establish.

Or I might be level 2 if I had 18 int...?

Martok
2007-08-27, 01:09 PM
Definitely a NG Wizard, with a few levels of Bard as a secondary class. I'm the bookish type and have a memory that would be good at retaining spells, but I'm also a decent singer & storyteller as well.

Deepblue706
2007-08-28, 12:10 PM

Well, yeah, most would be NPC classes. But um...I was under the impression that we were picking what suited our personalities.

From the OP: "what class and alignment do you think best represents your actual personality?"

I, for one, chose Factotum because it's a class that has access to numerous abilities, and is a jack of all trades. I consider myself to be not quite a specialist in much, but I have varying talents. I think if for some reason I was in a D&D world, that is the sort of "character" I'd be, were I cut out to be an adventurer.

Ah, I forgot to post alignment: Neutral / Neutral.

ravenkith
2007-08-28, 12:25 PM
Social rogue/monk hybrid.

No really.

One belt less than a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, mid level belt in karate, familiarity with Hap Ki Do (where I learned how to take a fall - tumble), and a pair of degrees in english (diplomacy) and communications (bluff).

I'm also pretty quiet, and I used to be pretty good at hiding.

I also have a chunk of computer related skills...which I obviously used my 8+Int skill ranks to acquire, despite them being cross class (as I haven't made a career out of them yet).

I also have fairly decent reflexes (at least, video games-wise).

It all makes sense now....

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2007-08-28, 12:40 PM
I am a Neutral Good Bard. Whee!

I can sing and play musical instruments. People just tend to like me. I tell good stories. Also, I tend to have a lot of useless knowledge stuck in my head that I can pull out at occasions they might actually be more useful than these tidbits usually are.

Though I'm more or less in the Good category, I'm not impulsive enough to be Chaotic, but not strict enough to be lawful (I am typing this at work, after all).

Crow
2007-08-28, 12:54 PM
Hmmmm....

You can roughly figure your STR by using the carrying capacity tables in the players handbook. Carrying capacity, deadlift, overhead press...

If you use the forced march rules, you can roughly figure out your Fort save. Then using your class as a base, determine your CON modifier.

Dancing_Zephyr
2007-08-28, 01:04 PM
Wizard/Barbarian TN
I like to learn, and when i get angry, I get really angry.

Oh and have obscenely high everything except either wisdom of charisma, because I'm stating myself, and those two stats being low can make me seem like I'm not completely over exaggerating every one of my traits when compared to the norm.:smalltongue:

OverdrivePrime
2007-08-28, 02:38 PM
Oh and have obscenely high everything except either wisdom of charisma, because I'm stating myself, and those two stats being low can make me seem like I'm not completely over exaggerating every one of my traits when compared to the norm.:smalltongue:

What makes you so sure it's not both wisdom and charisma? :thog:

Runa
2007-08-28, 02:56 PM
Probably a Bard, one inept at combat but relatively knowledgeable about stuff, relatively musically-minded, and when I'm in a good mood relatively fun in conversation, usually. Again though - inept at combat. :P Alignment, I'm not so sure on. Neutral Good (close to Neutral, but with a strong enough lean towards Good to justify calling it a Good alignment, perhaps), probably, or maybe a little on the Chaotic side. Probably depends on my mood. :smallbiggrin:

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2007-08-28, 03:10 PM
Wizard/Barbarian TN
I like to learn, and when i get angry, I get really angry.

I just like the combo of Wizard and Barbarian.

"What? That dragon resisted my Disintegrate spell?! That makes me ANGRY!!!!!" *charges forth*

Dausuul
2007-08-28, 03:56 PM

Well, assuming I'm choosing from the PC classes, I'd say almost certainly wizard. The stay-at-home, spell-researching, item-making type, to be specific. I tend to overthink things, I love planning and designing--often more than actual execution--and I'm not much good in a toe-to-toe fight.

(And obviously I'm assessing this on personality rather than what I actually am. It should be fairly clear that I'm not a wizard in real life; like most of us, I'd probably fall into the expert category.)

For alignment, either Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral, depending on where you set the bar. I'm a pretty firm believer in the rule of law, and I like to do things by the rules and am uncomfortable with breaking them. I donate to charity on an irregular basis, and if somebody asks me for help I'll usually make at least some effort to provide it. On the other hand, I almost never volunteer for charity work and I don't do as much as I could for the causes I believe in. So I might be a lazy Lawful Good, or a benevolent Lawful Neutral. As I said, it depends on where you think the boundary lies.

GimliFett
2007-08-28, 04:05 PM

First off, anyone else find it funny that a guy who goes by the name Raistlin was called uptight as a Paladin by friends? :smallwink:

If we go core classes, then Bard, chaotic good. I can't sing, though I know the lyrics to billions of songs, and I am able to match tones, I just can't do it alone. I'm a good actor, good with accents, good at telling stories. I have a massively broad range of skills. Magic intrigues me, but doesn't drive me. And doggonit! People like me! :smallbiggrin: Factotum would work equally well, I think, since I feel my Intelligence is higher than my Charisma, though I have been known to inspire fierce loyalty amongst my friends (and return same). I also have quick hands and feet, though I'm not particularly fast in a sprint. Average Strength, slightly above average Con (I never get sick), and average Wisdom, but I'd have the Negotiator feat, since I see through 'bs' fairly well.

The_Squid
2007-08-28, 04:22 PM
I am a rogue, lawful nuetral.

I am very acrobatic and flippy, being a gymnast. I am also good at taking my friends things without them noticing. As for lawful nuetral, that is because I place large value on my word; I don't go back on it very much. I also adhere to the rules of wherever I happen to be.

Kajorma
2007-08-28, 04:35 PM
I'd call myself a Wizard with all my years as a computer programmer, but everyone freaking tells me I'm a Paladin. They've even gone so far as to tell me I should stick to playing Paladins because it fits my personality. I tell them that's why I tend to play more chaotic (and/or evil).

At any rate, I guess I'll go with Paladin 1/Wizard 3.

The most pointless multiclass ever. :smalltongue:

Thinker
2007-08-28, 04:41 PM
Power Level X from M&M.

TOAOMT
2007-08-28, 05:15 PM
Alright, realistically. I'd give myself human bard with Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple. That reflects my martial arts ability and my fairly wide range of skills (Jack of So Many Trades, Master of... maybe one or two). No bard song, but perform: oratory and perform: act. Also, my vault of mostly random and usually useless knowledge fits Bardic Knowledge.

Iudex Fatarum
2007-08-28, 10:42 PM
OK so I'm a little bit odd here, monk 2/ wilder 1/ soul knife 1/ wizard 1/ and if i could somehow pull it off duelist. I say monk because of my martial arts training, duelist because of fencing which i used to take, wilder for when i rage i've almost injured people that i love the most, wizard for the knowledge, soul knife just because it seems like me.
If I'm to be stated out i'd be low charisma and wisdom, strength, and average con, good dex and good int. I say the stats because i spar notoriously hard at the school i go to for martial arts, dex for just plain training it, and in because I just entered grad school and i'm 18 years old.
I would definately be LN alignment, I'm not sure the order of my classes though.