PDA

View Full Version : Bard/Urban Druid + Theurge

Yogibear41
2018-01-21, 03:44 AM
Still working on ideas for my up and coming cohort for my main character, another Idea I have in the works is a Bard/Urban druid theurge, but I am unsure of where to go after finishing Theurge.

Would start with something like this:

Bard 1/Urban Druid 3/Mystic Theurge 10 (using precocious apprentice for early entry)

There is a good chance I will be fighting a fair number of demons, so I considered taking Demonwrecker for the next few levels as my main character is a LE melee focused binder/blackguard so using good aligned weapons is less than ideal, but was looking for other options as well, I don't know of any other theurge I can qualify for with this build.

Not really worried about the Urban shape of the druid, although 1 or 2 uses wouldn't be bad to just change into a human/elf/etc. to easily hide the identity of the cohort.

EndocrineBandit
2018-01-21, 10:46 PM
Go arcane heirophant instead of mystic theurge, more bonuses. Take obtain familiar as well.

ATHATH
2018-01-21, 11:16 PM
Fochlucan Lyrist might be an option if you wanted to focus more on the Bard side of things, although its prerequisites are annoying to reach.

Taking levels in the Heartfire Fanner prestige class instead of in Bard might be another interesting idea if you're taking levels in Bard for the Bardic Music and not for the spells.

Yogibear41
2018-01-22, 04:28 AM
Go arcane heirophant instead of mystic theurge, more bonuses. Take obtain familiar as well.

Urban Druid doesn't qualify, it doesn't have trackless step.

Also I'm taking bard for the spells not for bardic music.

There are a few bard exclusive spells I want to pick up, that's why I was considering it over sorcerer for this build.

Thaneus
2018-01-22, 06:46 AM
Green Whisperer Prc (Dragon #311) adds Druids and Bards spells per level like Arcane Hirophant.
When you go Bard 1, UDruid 3, Green Whisper 5, Mystic Theurge 1, Sublime Chord 1, Mystic Theurge 9 will get you druid casting 18 and full Sublime Chord Casting

Ellrin
2018-01-22, 02:34 PM
Green Whisperer Prc (Dragon #311) adds Druids and Bards spells per level like Arcane Hirophant.
When you go Bard 1, UDruid 3, Green Whisper 5, Mystic Theurge 1, Sublime Chord 1, Mystic Theurge 9 will get you druid casting 18 and full Sublime Chord Casting

Been a while since I've cheesed early entry in a 3.5 build, remind me if there's a way to get 8 skill ranks by level 4. I don't see how else to get into Green Whisperer at level 5 otherwise.

Or did you intend first level Mystic Theurge to go there and then get in to GW at level 6?

weckar
2018-01-23, 04:10 AM
Been a while since I've cheesed early entry in a 3.5 build, remind me if there's a way to get 8 skill ranks by level 4. Laborious Training feat, for INT skills only. From Ravenloft, but its status is... interesting.

WhamBamSam
2018-01-23, 01:56 PM
Fochlucan Lyrist might be an option if you wanted to focus more on the Bard side of things, although its prerequisites are annoying to reach.You can get Evasion without class levels by taking Shape Soulmeld (Impulse Boots) and Open Least Chakra (Feet). Needing to speak Druidic is only a problem if you want your divine side to not be Druid.

Been a while since I've cheesed early entry in a 3.5 build, remind me if there's a way to get 8 skill ranks by level 4. I don't see how else to get into Green Whisperer at level 5 otherwise.

Or did you intend first level Mystic Theurge to go there and then get in to GW at level 6?If you take some feat that going Dragonborn will disqualify you from (Weapon Focus for a weapon you're only proficient in due to weapon familiarity, Dodge with a pre-Rite of Rebirth Dex of only 13 or 14, etc), become a Dragonborn at 4th level, and trade the feat for Primary Contact. Just going Mystic Theurge first is probably easier though.

Yogibear41
2018-01-23, 06:05 PM
Laborious Training feat, for INT skills only. From Ravenloft, but its status is... interesting.

Which Ravenloft book is that in?

NVM I found it in Legacy of the Blood.

Off topic, but that feat and the Greater Skill focus, would be nice feats for a Truenamer, we all know it needs all the help it can get.