PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Android Barbarian Racial Archetype

thegoldenfedora
2018-01-21, 03:11 PM
I have been really interested in the concept of an Android barbarian. So I built an Archetype that allows Androids to receive the rage bonus and removed the ability to rage cycle. Let me know what you think

Overclocked Barbarian
The barbarian’s class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), disguise (cha) Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge engineering (Int), Perception (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Overdrive
At 1st level an overclocked barbarian can go into overdrive. While in overdrive, the overclocked barbarian gains a +4 alchemical bonus to strength and Dexterity. In overdrive, his ciruitry glows red like a candle. He can stay in Overdrive for a number of rounds equal to 4+his Constitution modifier, these rounds do not need to be consecutive. Every level he gains 2 additional rounds of overdrive.

When the overclocked barbarian goes into overdrive he begins to over heat as his body works harder than it is normally able to. At the beginning of each round that the overclocked barbarian is in overdrive, and when he first triggers it, he gains 1 point of heat. If the overclocked barbarians heat points ever equal his Constitution score, his body ejects all heat in a 30 foot radius as an immediate action. All creatures in the area must make a reflex saving throw with a DC=10+1/2 the overclocked barbarian's level+his con modifier or take 1d8 points of damage for every 2 points of heat that the overclocked barbarian has or his level, whichever is lower. This damage is limited to the overclocked barbarian's level and a successful save results in the target taking half damage. Afterwards, the barbarian immediately ends his overdrive and is unconscious for a number of rounds equal to ½ the heat points spent.

At the beginning of the overclocked barbarians turn he takes non-lethal damage equal to ½ his total heat points. This damage bypasses any ability the overclocked barbarian may have that reduces or negates non lethal damage.
When he ends his overdrive, the overclocked barbarian is fatigued for a number of rounds equal to twice the number of rounds that he was in overdrive for and begins losing 2 heat points each round. This fatigue bypasses the Androids normal immunity to fatigue.
This ability replaces rage.

Cooling system
While in overdrive, whenever the overclocked barbarian takes fire damage, he can negate a number of points of damage equal to his con modifier and instead gain that many heat points. If he takes cold damage he may negate a number of points equal to his con modifier or heat points, whichever is lower, doing so reduces his heat points by the same number.
This replaces medium armor proficiency.

Surge
The overclocked barbarian may force extra power from his body by rapidly increasing his heat. As a Swift action, he may gain 2 points of heat. Doing so grants him a +10 foot enhancement to his move speed for one round. At 4th level and every 4 after, he may vent an additional 2 points and gain an additional 10 feet to his move speed.
This replaces fast movement.

Overheat
At third level for every 2 points of heat that he has, an overclocked barbarian's melee attacks do 1 extra point of fire damage. When his heat points reach 4 his circuitry glows like a torch instead of a candle.
This replaces trap sense.

Vent blast
At 5th level the overclocked barbarian may vent his overflowing heat. Once per overdrive as a full round action, the overclocked barbarian may spend any number of heat points to vent heat in front of him. This functions as burning hands with a save DC equal to 10+1/2 the overclocked barbarian’s level+his con modifier. The caster level is equal to the number of points spent or the barbarian's level whichever is lower.
This replaces improved uncanny dodge.

Overdrive Powers
The Overclocked Barbarian may choose the following rage powers in addition to the other available rage powers. An Overclocked Barbarian may not choose a totem rage power.

Sudden power
As a Swift action the overclocked barbarian may gain a number of heat points up to his level, doing so grants him competence bonus on a single combat maneuver, strength or dexterity check

Hyper overdrive
Once per day, an overclocked barbarian can choose to go into hyper overdrive. Hyper overdrive functions like normal overdrive however the overclocked barbarian also benefits from haste. While in hyper overdrive, the overclocked barbarian generates 3 points of heat per turn. He may end hyper overdrive and go to overdrive or end overdrive as a free action. An overclocked barbarian must be level 8 to gain this ability

Scorch ray
As a standard action, the overclocked barbarian can spend 2 heat points to fire his stored up heat. This is treated as a ranged touch attack and does 1D6 points of fire damage+his dexterity modifier.

Vent
As free action you can slowly release heat, you lose 3 points of heat per turn and gain the benefits of blur. This can not believe used in conjunction with hyper overdrive.

Digitalfruitz
2018-01-21, 05:08 PM
I just wanted to tell you that I love this archetype so much! It seems to be balanced at about the same level as a barbarian (T5/T4). I’m definitely going to include this in one of my games

thegoldenfedora
2018-01-21, 10:10 PM
I just wanted to tell you that I love this archetype so much! It seems to be balanced at about the same level as a barbarian (T5/T4). I’m definitely going to include this in one of my games

I'm glad, thanks! If you end up using it and think of it, let me know how it works.

legomaster00156
2018-01-31, 10:42 AM
I would probably add to Overdrive the following line: "This ability counts as the rage class feature for the purposes of fulfilling prerequisites, and taking the Extra Rage feat."