PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Blood Hunter unique ability help

sammyp03
2018-01-21, 06:38 PM
Hello all, I have a blood hunter playing in my upcoming game. He is going with the Order of the Lycan. I have a unique ability i would like for him to gain during the course of the campaign though i am unsure how to go about it doing it mechanically.

As you know, the order of the Lycan is a werewolf subclass for the Blood Hunter and as a base, he would be considered a Beta werewolf in my setting. I would like for him to become an "Alpha Werewolf" the strongest, most powerful and the most lethal variety of Werewolf.

i was thinking about doing this like a magic item. Basically he attunes to this power, which grants him abilities that as he gains level (or more understanding of his power as game fluff) becomes better. I know you guys are alot smarter than me so i was hoping someone could help me out here. Thanks in advance.

Vaz
2018-01-22, 04:20 AM
Have him choose to benefit from a Non Conc Enlarge while transformed, and be able to take advantage on Bloodlust checks. Perhaps allow his Fighting Style apply to his claws, also.

This leads to a significant uptick in damage, +d4+2 on 3 attacks/turn is pretty sound.

sammyp03
2018-01-22, 11:18 AM
Have him choose to benefit from a Non Conc Enlarge while transformed, and be able to take advantage on Bloodlust checks. Perhaps allow his Fighting Style apply to his claws, also.

This leads to a significant uptick in damage, +d4+2 on 3 attacks/turn is pretty sound.

Ok I like this thought, but he already gets advantage on strength checks and saves from the hybrid transformation. The extra damage would be nice.

Chunkosaurus
2018-01-22, 02:05 PM
Ok I like this thought, but he already gets advantage on strength checks and saves from the hybrid transformation. The extra damage would be nice.

I like what the other guy said, but one thing I might add is a frightful howl option that forces a wisdom save vs a DC or be frightened of the alpha. The flavor of this being such an intimidating lycan that it's howl scares people to the bone

sammyp03
2018-01-22, 02:39 PM
I like what the other guy said, but one thing I might add is a frightful howl option that forces a wisdom save vs a DC or be frightened of the alpha. The flavor of this being such an intimidating lycan that it's howl scares people to the bone

Also a great idea but he'll already get this as a class feature. We are on the right track here.

What about his dc against his blood curse of the how increases by 2?

Vaz
2018-01-22, 06:46 PM

That is why I suggested it.