PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Synergys?

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-01-22, 04:14 AM
I'm currently working on my Pc who is going to be a face role. I was looking up the skills and ofc there's the whole 5 skill ranks = +2 to another skill. I saw for diplomacy the skills Bluff, Knowledge (nobility and royalty), or Sense Motive, you get a +2 bonus on Diplomacy checks. I then checked a d20 srd for the Synergy list and it shows them giving yes a +2 to diplomacy. I'm sure its been asked but im doing it again (im sure) If i have 5 ranks in Bluff and knowledge (noble/royal) and sense motive is that a +6 to my diplomacy?

Or just 3 sources that could give me a possible +2?

From the PHB its seems vague and not sure. : (
"In general, having 5 or more ranks in one skill gives the character a +2 bonus on skill checks with each of its synergistic skills, "

Inevitability
2018-01-22, 04:23 AM
Untyped bonuses from different sources stack.

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-01-22, 04:24 AM
So even if its Min/Max like hell if i got the Skill points and time. I can pretty much have a+6 to diplomacy at level 2? Damn. Thanks for the info!

Inevitability
2018-01-22, 05:01 AM
So even if its Min/Max like hell if i got the Skill points and time. I can pretty much have a+6 to diplomacy at level 2? Damn. Thanks for the info!

Indeed. Most builds that aim to get diplomacy as high as possible do indeed invest heavily in synergy bonuses.

Awakeninfinity
2018-01-22, 07:02 AM
If your going for Diplomacy; Half-Elves have a +2 Racial bonus and the splat book Races of Destiny has a Half-Elf feat that increases all Synergy bonuses to +3. The Marshal class from Miniatures Handbook gets Skill Focus with Diplomacy as a bonus feat and is an excellent leader (for a Martially inclined class) to boot.

Gnaeus
2018-01-22, 08:04 AM
Untyped bonuses from different sources stack.

Note: while I agree completely with inevitability, this is not universally accepted on forum as RAW (Edit, the rule he cites is, whether synergy bonuses are stackable different sources is not), so double check w/ DM. I think it has to do with “having 5 or more ranks in ONE skill”.

Again, I don’t support that reading, but wanted to bring it to op attention.