PDA

View Full Version : What’s best of these two options?

Spacehamster
2018-01-22, 03:36 PM
A ring of protection giving you +1 on all saves and sets your AC to 23 or a belt of dwarven kind setting your CON to 16 and giving you the resistance to poison and all the other dwarfy things?

The character is a wood elf champion / Kensai multiclass.

Kane0
2018-01-22, 03:48 PM
As an elf, how do you feel about shaving every day?

Tiadoppler
2018-01-22, 03:55 PM
Do the dwarfy things include beard and accent?

I'd take the ring personally. +1 to all saves is nice, Automatic 23 AC with no armor or shield is very cool, but depending on your stats, it may not be that useful with unarmored defense. Are you planning to reach Kensei 14 for proficiency in all saves? That'd be a tough character. Is CON 16 a big bonus for you?

Edit:

As an elf, how do you feel about shaving every day?

The elf asks, "Wait, what is this word, 'shave'?"

Spacehamster
2018-01-22, 04:07 PM
Do the dwarfy things include beard and accent?

I'd take the ring personally. +1 to all saves is nice, Automatic 23 AC with no armor or shield is very cool, but depending on your stats, it may not be that useful with unarmored defense. Are you planning to reach Kensei 14 for proficiency in all saves? That'd be a tough character. Is CON 16 a big bonus for you?

Edit:

The elf asks, "Wait, what is this word, 'shave'?"

Probably better with better saves and AC than just 1 hp per level more I guess but were not sure. :) with the ASI’s left I will take mobile and then use the rest on CON to be as tanky as possible, probably rest in Kensai aye.

seventh_soul
2018-01-22, 04:19 PM
A ring of protection giving you +1 on all saves and sets your AC to 23 or a belt of dwarven kind setting your CON to 16 and giving you the resistance to poison and all the other dwarfy things?

The character is a wood elf champion / Kensai multiclass.

What is your Ac and Con currently?

Spacehamster
2018-01-22, 04:21 PM
What are you’re ac and con currently?
Stats are 8/20/14/10/20/8 and 23 AC with the ring equipped, 22 otherwise and 10 more hp instead.

Kane0
2018-01-22, 04:22 PM
Take the ring, give the belt to the next halfling you see

Spacehamster
2018-01-22, 04:29 PM
Take the ring, give the belt to the next halfling you see

It’s just the options I have, making a level 10 char with 2 rare and 1 uncommon items. :)

SilverStud
2018-01-22, 04:30 PM
Dude I dunno how this is even a contest. We are talking 5e here, not Pathfinder or others. 20 AC is high, 23 AC is very very high. Suddenly, without any armor or training or anything you have the same armor class as a Fighter in Plate with a Shield who took the Defense fighting style for +1 AC. And then on top of that you give bonuses to every single saving throw? That's just a silly item that you'll regret giving to your players.

It wins this contest of choice hands-down. You'd have to be either super dedicated to becoming a dwarf as a concept, or an idiot to choose the belt.

Spacehamster
2018-01-22, 04:34 PM
Dude I dunno how this is even a contest. We are talking 5e here, not Pathfinder or others. 20 AC is high, 23 AC is very very high. Suddenly, without any armor or training or anything you have the same armor class as a Fighter in Plate with a Shield who took the Defense fighting style for +1 AC. And then on top of that you give bonuses to every single saving throw? That's just a silly item that you'll regret giving to your players.

It wins this contest of choice hands-down. You'd have to be either super dedicated to becoming a dwarf as a concept, or an idiot to choose the belt.

Figured that too, just wanted to hear others opinions. :)

DarkKnightJin
2018-01-22, 04:43 PM
I'd pick the Belt, if only for the sick spiky beard my Dragonborn Death Cleric would grow over time..
Then maybe swap to the Ring once he's had his fun.
Though the Con and Dwarfy goodness would still be pretty sweet..