PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Warforged mind swap?

Xarteros
2018-01-22, 06:38 PM
In the Eberron Campaign setting, there's a special Circlet (Artifact component) called the Circlet of Preservation.

It can store the "consciousness", "spirit", "mind", "memories" and "personality" of a Warforged within the Circlet. Another Warforged can wear the circlet, and the consciousness functions like a Docent, but it can try and take control of the body.

From the terms it used above, it's clear that they are very complete (not just some kind of echo of their old self), but that raises a few questions to me.

1. If the consciousness within the circlet takes over the host body, does it use its own mental stats? Why/Why not?
2. Can it use its own class features and skills? If the Circlet contained a caster, and the host was a warrior, could the warrior use spells if the Circlet dominated the host body? If not, could the Cleric consciousness use the Warrior host's abilities?
3. It says they function like a docent, and specifies that they can use the host's senses and communicate with the host telepathically. Can they still speak? All docents can speak, but it doesn't specify either way in the description.
4. Is there any kind of rough price value that someone could nudge me with? I know that pricing artifacts is the DM's job (and I'm the DM) a bit of advice or something to compare to would be awesome!

Thanks in advance =)