PDA

View Full Version : Need some help brainstorming class to fit character concept

ScarletThief
2018-01-22, 07:01 PM
So I had an idea for an upcoming game to play and older character with the hook for her being on this adventure being that she is the mother of a Paladin/Samuria who had gone missing and beibg somewhat capable was on the hunt for her missing child. I just have no idea where to start on class because i want something fairly nonmagical with little training to enter while still having rather interesting abilities.

daremetoidareyo
2018-01-22, 07:36 PM
ranger/scout swift ambusher?

BowStreetRunner
2018-01-22, 08:13 PM
How about a nice factotum?

Telonius
2018-01-22, 09:05 PM
Do you see her as more of an archer, or more of a melee combatant? Ranger/Scout (as previously suggested) or Ranger/Wilderness Rogue seems like it might be a good fit.

ScarletThief
2018-01-22, 09:14 PM
I was thinking something like a scout with a mild hunter type bend, factotum sounds neat but the DM is iffy on including anything from 3.5 , I had her imagined as this long haired woman who's only black hair cloaks her face and intentions while moving as swiftly as her body like a wild flag as her attacks swoop in on her opponents so maybe a kind of switch hitter

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-01-22, 11:48 PM
... factotum sounds neat but the DM is iffy on including anything from 3.5 ...

If it's Pathfinder then you should say so in the first post.

ScarletThief
2018-01-23, 12:08 AM
Sorry I tagged as pathfinder should have been clearer on that

DMVerdandi
2018-01-23, 12:25 AM
Polymath investigator.

If you want less to do with potions and tinctures, also add on psychic detective archetype

Makes for a wizened researcher, but not necessarily a wizard. An old grizzled man who has a certain "set of skills", which assist in finding someone, and killing whoever is in their way. Extremely smart, has a decent command of martial arts, alchemy OR psychic powers, and can use inspiration to make things that seem impossible crumble away in the face of experience.

ScarletThief
2018-01-23, 02:51 AM
Investigator sounds fantastic I was looking at malice hunter but psychic detective looks good too, polymath is probably out of the question since the GM is against the martial maneuver system.