PDA

View Full Version : I need birthday song ideas!

Sajiri
2018-01-22, 08:35 PM
So, this sunday will be the party for my grandma's 82nd birthday. I visited her today and, to cut a long story short, I somehow ended up promising her I'll sing a special birthday song for her party. With my mother helpfully suggesting my dad will even play the drums. Considering Im normally too shy to even sing when I'm on my own, I really have no idea what to do.

Im not treating it serious, I just want something more fun than the typical everyone droning 'Happy birthday to you' as a cake is brought out, but hey, my grandma wants and is expecting a song so now I need to deliver :smalleek: Anyone have ideas for something fun I can do?

KillingAScarab
2018-01-22, 09:54 PM
My first question would be, what sort of sense of humor would you be dealing with? Older (http://tmbw.net/wiki/Lyrics:Older) works for my family, but perhaps not for yours.

The Harrowing
2018-01-23, 02:56 AM
"What Can You Give A Nudist On His Birthday" by Gracie Fields was popular when your grandmother would have been in her pre-teens (the age most people find their 'favorite decade of music'). That might be a nice, silly song that your grandmother would be familiar with, find amusing, and have nostalgia for?

Scarlet Knight
2018-01-25, 10:33 PM
My favorite non-traditional birthday song is Trip Around the Sun by Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride which can be sung as a duet.

brian 333
2018-01-25, 10:58 PM
*Sung to the tune of Sinatra's My Way*

Grandma, the time has come,
To celebrate, another birthday.

The cake, is coming near,
If Uncle Joe, gets out of the way.

Remem-ber all the good,
and toss the bad, out on the freeway

Don't forget, we love you true,
And Happy Birthday.

Okay, it needs polish, but it may serve to inspire you in your quest. Good luck.

Peelee
2018-01-26, 12:15 AM
The Beatles had a pretty awesome birthday song.

KillingAScarab
2018-01-29, 11:24 PM
Well, Sajiri, how did the song go over? What did you decide upon?

Sajiri
2018-02-01, 03:50 PM
Sorry, late replies. As it turns out, I got a job offer and wasnt able to go to the birthday lunch. I did call her on my break, and still promised to come sing her a birthday song when I next see her (probably this weekend).

I have to say, I really like Brian 333's song, so I might try that.