PDA

View Full Version : Chain Stone to Flesh

Skjaldbakka
2007-08-25, 07:52 PM
What is the fastest (lowest level) way to be able to cast a chain spell stone to flesh?

The Glyphstone
2007-08-25, 08:25 PM
Lvl11...Stone to Flesh cast through a Regular Metamagic Rod of Chain Spell. Would be lower with a scroll and UMD, but I don't know if you can use metamagic rods with scroll spells.

Skjaldbakka
2007-08-25, 08:55 PM
What about a scroll of Chain Stone to Flesh? I think you can apply metamagic to scrolls. Then I just need to make a DC 37 UMD check to read it. The goal being to pull this off before lvl 11, which is the benchmark (via rod of chain spell).

*scurries off to find a UMD optimization thread*

martyboy74
2007-08-25, 09:01 PM
You can neither apply metamagic to magic items, nor have magic items come with metamagic pre-installed.

Skjaldbakka
2007-08-25, 09:09 PM
You can neither apply metamagic to magic items, nor have magic items come with metamagic pre-installed.

I know the first point is true, but I don't think the second is.

Circlet of Blasting, Major
On command, this elaborate golden headband projects a blast of searing light (5d8 maximized for 40 points of damage) once per day.

There are also several wands of heightened spells on the random treasure tables, although I didn't see any meta-scrolls on the random scroll table.

Skjaldbakka
2007-08-25, 09:29 PM
A level 7 wizard/sorcerer with Arcane Mastery and a 19 int/cha could pull it off from a scroll as well. Can you do better via UMD?