PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Drunkards help

Darth_Versity
2018-01-23, 07:01 AM
So for my upcoming stag weekend, me and my friends decided to do a level 20 dungeon I designed last year and have yet to play. But, it is a stag party of sorts, so alcohol must involved. As such we have decided on a simple game.

Each person gets 3 filled shot glasses in front of them. Whenever they roll a 1 on an attack or save, they take a shot. If they roll a 20, they select a player (not the DM) to take a shot. Complete your 3 shots and you roll on our customised Boon Table for a powerful effect, then refill your shot glasses.

So it actually has a tactical element by hoarding boons for the party, but can also be vindictive by just getting someone pissed.

So I'm looking for help on the boon table. Currently I have

1. Gods Blessing: Gain an immediate +2 in one ability score or +1 in two.
2. Destinies Grasp: Gain a powerful magical item selected by the DM
3. Heroes Vigor: Immediately gain the benefits of a full nights rest.
4. Time Stop: Immediately take 1d4+1 full round actions.

I'm looking for more suggestions. Preferably they'd roll a d10 or d20 on the table each time and each effect should be epic enough to make a real difference.

I'd also take suggestions on a dms table. The main enemies are undead and fiends (they're against Orcus) so maybe it summons more enemies.

So what boons would you add?

weckar
2018-01-23, 07:07 AM
3 Seems comparatively weak?

Maybe an appropriate one: Pick any class ability of the Drunken Master (PrC) and add it to your character.

Darth_Versity
2018-01-23, 08:33 AM
3 Seems comparatively weak?

Maybe an appropriate one: Pick any class ability of the Drunken Master (PrC) and add it to your character.

I like the drunken master idea.

The refresh is because they will have no opportunity to rest after they begin (baring shenanigans) because they have one hour to stop a ritual to summon Orcus. Thus a complete refresh of spells and abilities would seem to be a massive bonus.

Maybe have the highest number be "Pick any boon" or "roll twice disregarding this number if it comes up again"

Stoic
2018-01-23, 09:09 AM
Maybe have the highest number be "Pick any boon" or "roll twice disregarding this number if it comes up again"

I was thinking the same thing, take a look at number 9.

5. Fatemaker: You may use a Luck Reroll on your next failed save.

6. Beastmaster: Gain an animal companion (or boosted stats on an animal companion you already have)

7.Friends To The End: Gain a level appropriate Planar Ally (as per the spell)

8. Phenomenal Cosmic Powers: Gain a lamp containing a wish granting wisecracking blue skinned Noble Djinn (3 wishes only, the entire party must agree on the wish) (only the first party member to select this gets this boon)

9. Choose Wisely: You may either A) Select 2 Boons or B) Tell everyone (with the exception of the DM & yourself) to take a shot

Elrak
2018-01-23, 09:54 AM
I like the Drunken Master idea as well.

Thematically fitting to this as well, I would probably add an entry allowing a player to pick any 1 luck feat of their choice.

Geddy2112
2018-01-23, 10:17 AM
Second drunken master, and maybe use the drunken master monk from pathfinder as a reward/boon. You get the ability to have drunken ki, but it comes from actually taking shots. A tears to wine (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/tears-to-wine/) boon would be cool too. It triggers each time the player takes a shot, the character gets +2 to INT and WIS. If they score this boon again, they get +5, then +10.

Obligatory shoutout to Cayden Caliean, the pathfinder deity of drinking.