PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need some feedback for my amnesiac

Shaffi
2018-01-24, 01:25 AM
Hello, soon™ we will start way of the wicked. I'm going to play an amnesiac psychic with the rebirth discipline.

My base stats (rolled) are (without racials)

Initially I was going to use the following feats

1 spell focus enchantment, improved initiative (we get 1 bonus feat at level 1)
3 craft wonderous item
5 metamagic intensify
7 greater spellfocus enchantment
9 brilliant planer, toughness, spell penetration or greater fortitude
11 meta magic persistent spell
13 meta magic echoing spell
15 spell perfection
17 brilliant planer, toughness, spell penetration or greater fortitude
19 expanded arcana

My traits are magical lineage (mind thrust 3 or 4) and harrows chosen. But I thought about replacing intensify and going for other traits.

What are your thoughts about this builds any metamagic feats (except quicken & dazing) you would recommend ?

Thanks a lot

Florian
2018-01-24, 08:14 AM
I don´t really get what your overall goal is with this build.

Slithery D
2018-01-24, 03:34 PM
I don´t really get what your overall goal is with this build.

Agreed. Echoing is a bad metamagic, and Intensify doesn’t go with an Enchantment focus.

Shaffi
2018-01-25, 01:06 AM
Thats my problem, the psychic will be my first full caster and the feats are my biggest problem.

First I thought about going for the eldrich heritage feat chain, since I will get 2 metamagics via mimic metamagic. But I ditched eldricht heritage since I cant find a decent bloodline.

I chose intensify for mind thrust III / IV to have one significant blasting spell.

I'm not happy with 3 metamagic feats + spell perfection, but I dont see any other decent options.

Florian
2018-01-27, 06:24 AM
As this is your first full caster, I´d advise you against using the Amnesiac archetype and the Rebirth psychic disciple. The flexibility looks good in theory, but Psychics already gravitate to a certain play style that's different from regular arcane casters.