PDA

View Full Version : looking for obscure book

Silver Raven
2018-01-24, 01:28 AM
Hello I'm looking for an old obscure D&D book that was about character creation. essentially the book had a ton of stuff to create unique and interesting characters I think the Spoony One did have it in one of his old vidoes, and I did download it before so i know it exist I just forgot the name of it. Can any one tell me so I dont have to rewatch the entirety of Counter Monkey?

BWR
2018-01-24, 04:56 AM
The PHB?

Original Greyhawk supplement?
Unearthed Arcana?
The Complete X Handbook series?
Guide to Villains?
Historical Reference series?
Planewalker's Handbook?
1e Oriental Adventures?
Player's Option series?

It would help if we had a little more to go on, like edition, setting (if applicable) and something that can't be applied to most stuff from the Player's Handbook and on.

JustIgnoreMe
2018-01-24, 08:35 AM
Central Casting: Heroes of Legend?

Lord Torath
2018-01-24, 08:52 AM
Complete Book of Humanoids?

Silver Raven
2018-01-24, 04:05 PM
Central Casting: Heroes of Legend?

Yes !
That's the one thank you. I wanted to look through it again because I wanted to create some unique characters and it melds well with pathfinder.

JustIgnoreMe
2018-01-25, 08:13 AM
Yes !
That's the one thank you. I wanted to look through it again because I wanted to create some unique characters and it melds well with pathfinder.
Be warned, it's a product of its time, and the way it deals with some topics is distinctly offensive (I don't actually own a copy, but I have Heroes of Tomorrow, which has the same problematic tables).

Mutazoia
2018-01-31, 01:14 AM
I have all 4 books... They assume a bit of maturity on the part of the reader, so there may be content that some users find objectionable (accidentally developing necrophilia for example), but you can always re-roll if you get something that you object to.

DrivethruRPG sells copies, as does Amazon, but they've been out of print for a couple of decades now, so your most likely to be getting used copies.

JustIgnoreMe
2018-01-31, 08:22 AM
I have all 4 books... They assume a bit of maturity on the part of the reader, so there may be content that some users find objectionable (accidentally developing necrophilia for example), but you can always re-roll if you get something that you object to.
That's not what I was referring to. It explicitly calls out (for example) homosexuality as a "Dark Side" trait, putting it on a par with necrophilia.

I believe the author has since transitioned m-t-f and probably no longer holds the same views, but the books have not been updated and still contain what would today be considered massively offensive views.