PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Campaign Enhancement-Bonds For Players (Not 5E Bonds)

muichimotsu
2018-01-24, 05:24 AM
Snowballing from my alternate magic campaign (which I might want to do in the future with significant alterations with regards to the divine/arcane/psionic considerations) I've gotten a concept that could work for a campaign that I may do first or after my initial adaptation I've barely touched on.

Every PC would start with a special bond that would play into the plot. It can be a pact with an otherworldly entity in a Warlock fashion, one's ancestral spirits, a special relic/intelligent magical item or even a plane like the Positive/Negative energy plane or one of the Elemental Planes, among others

With the bonds, you can develop it over time to get more benefits and with the pacts, you'd have an especially big benefit in terms of the story allowing for rewards from them. But even having a bond with an item can give you a special ability with the item in your possession.

Ideas from this? I have a rough list, though I'd have to get some limits in regards to the item, let alone the patron, since we shouldn't just have anyone, right?

Ancestral Spirits
Ancestral/Holy Relic
Intelligent Item/Armor/Weapon
Extraplanar “Link”
God’s Blessing

Outsider (Genie, Celestial, Fiend)
Fey
Aberration-Mind Flayer, Beholder, Aboleth, etc
Elder Giant
Intelligent Undead-Lich, Vampire, etc
Intelligent Construct-Inevitable
Adult or Older Dragon