PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Circle of Demons: Because druids can be dark too

clash
2018-01-24, 01:52 PM
This is something I am working on inspired in part by the Circle of Spores in the recent ua article. Please let me know what you think.

Circle of Demons:
Druids of the Circle of Demons delve into the outer planes and dark demon magic. They see demons as the races before men, and elves, dwarves. They look to emulate and master to old races to bring balance back to nature.

2 Circle Spells:
see Xanathars Guide for spell references
You gain the Toll the Dead cantrip and additonally gain the folling spells at the folling levels
3rd: Darkness, Mind Spike
5th: Summon Lesser Demons, Hunger of Hadar
7th: Summon Greater Demon, Shadow of Moil
9th: Infernal Calling, Enervation

2 Demonic Transformation:
You may expend a use of wildshape to take on the form of a hideous demon. The form lasts for 1 minute. While in this form you gain resistence to poison, cold, and fire damage and reduce all bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons by your Wisdom modifier. Additionally, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 1d6 fire damage. This damage increases to 2d6 at level 14.

2 Devil's Toys
You gain proficiency in the weapons favored by demons. You have proficiency in the whip and the longsword and may use your wisdom modifier instead of your stength modifier for attack rolls and damage rolls with these weapons. Depending on the campaign setting, your dm may allow you to switch these proficiencies for other non-heavy melee weapons.

6 Dark Summoner:
Your affinity for summoning gives you greater control over demons that you call forth. When you cast the summon lesser demon spell, the summoned demons must immediately make a charisma saving throw or fall under your control as the summon greater demon spell. When you cast summon greater demon or infernal calling, you can immediately make a wisdom(insight) check opposed by the demons charisma(deception) check. On success you learn the true name of the summoned demon.

10 Fire Aura:
When transformed with demonic transformation, at the start of your turn you deal your wisdom modifer in fire damage to all creatures within 10ft of you. Additonally, you can expend a spell slot as a bonus action to deal 1d8 damage * the level fo the spell to each creature inside this aura.

14 Infernal Devotion:
Your demonic transformations and devotion to the infernal, has made you bear the resemblance of demons. You gain immunity to the poisoned condition. Demons you summon treat you as a demon, and whenever you make a Charisma check when interacting with demons, your proficiency bonus is doubled if it applies to the check.

khadgar567
2018-01-25, 11:38 AM
can i say finally someone made druidzilla fun to play? druid wildshaping in to demons yes please.

clash
2018-01-25, 12:03 PM
Thanks! I thought it was a pretty cool idea. Any abilities you think are underwhelming or op or just not interesting?