PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Question on the Ice and Fire RPG

Ra_Va
2018-01-24, 11:33 PM
Reading through a recently acquired Corebook for the Green Ronin Ice and Fire RPG, and it seems to acknowledge the existence of Magic/Sorcery without having any actual rules on playing a Red Priest, Shadow Dancer, Warlock, or any of the other Canonical magic users and was wondering if they had released or another rulebook or there was another Game of Thrones RPG system that might be easier to absorb

I'm mostly looking for Red Priest as they seemed the only traveling magic users I can overly see especially in Westeros, but I like giving my players options so any magic users is fine.

War_lord
2018-01-25, 03:57 AM
Having Red Priests running around throwing Fireballs in Westeros doesn't really mesh with the tone and world of ASOIAF. If your players have bought into the idea of playing a game set in the world, they'll understand that. If they haven't bought into the concept I wouldn't run the system.

EDIT: That said, if you're absolutely determined to run a game in the ASOIAF world like it's D&D, a previous Game of Thrones RPG came out in 2005 that was d20 based. Although you might have trouble finding any copies since it was made by a small company who collapsed only months later due to, quote, "overwhelming debt".

rax
2018-01-25, 12:42 PM
Green Ronin also publishes (published?) the Chronicle System, which uses essentially the same mechanics as SIFRPG. They released a magic supplement called Chronicles of Sorcery for that system. AFAIK it doesn't include any magic that's directly for Red Priests, but it would at least clue you in on how to do magic in SIFRPG from a mechanical perspective. If you check out their forums, I think there have been a couple of attempts by fans at creating Red Priest magic based on Chronicles of Sorcery.