PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about Girards message

Jannoire
2018-01-25, 02:28 AM
While reading back a while, I stumbled across something that seemed odd to me...
When the order activated the message from Girard in the desert, he spoke about informing "both her and us".
"her" was Serini, as explained later, "us" are Girard and his pyramid mates...

Why didn't he inform Liriam and/or Durakon? Both should have been alive when Girard recorded his message. Neither was depicted in the argument between Soon and Girard...

Edit: Durakon was involved, but seemed to be on Girard's site

Fyraltari
2018-01-25, 03:06 AM
While reading back a while, I stumbled across something that seemed odd to me...
When the order activated the message from Girard in the desert, he spoke about informing "both her and us".
"her" was Serini, as explained later, "us" are Girard and his pyramid mates...

Why didn't he inform Liriam and/or Durakon? Both should have been alive when Girard recorded his message. Neither was depicted in the argument between Soon and Girard...

Edit: Durakon was involved, but seemed to be on Girard's site

Either Dorukan and Lirian were not included because they did not bet on when Soon would break his word or Serini was included because, as the most team oriented member of the order, she told Girard that Soon would not break his oath and Girard wanted to gloat about being right.

It is also possible that Dorukan and Girard could not stand each other in addition to not trusting Soon. This was more than a two-side issue.

Hamste
2018-01-25, 06:28 AM
She might also have been the only one he had positive relations with. Seeing her diary had hearts around his name, she was most likely open to talking to him so they might have had some form of friendship.

Kish
2018-01-25, 10:15 AM
Because he didn't trust them. Because it wasn't a two-sided "everyone else against Soon" clash; Girard wanted the Gates protected with deception, not either the honor of a paladin or the might of magical wards, and neither Dorukan nor Soon wanted them protected with deception.