PDA

View Full Version : Silly question on TWF

Setra
2007-08-25, 10:11 PM
This is probably a silly question but.. is there any feat or something that removes the strength penalty for your offhand weapon?

Like Ambidexterity or somesuch? (Is that even a word?)

dyslexicfaser
2007-08-25, 10:17 PM
A bunch of things reduce it but I don't think you can get lower than -2/-2, and that's with a light off-hand weapon and Ambidextrous.

AslanCross
2007-08-25, 10:24 PM
The epic-level feat Perfect Two Weapon Fighting allows you to make up to four attacks with your offhand weapons, but it doesn't remove the penalty.

Ambidexterity is no longer a feat, it seems--it's a class feature of the Tempest class from Complete Adventurer. It simply reduces the penalty by 1.

Oversized Two Weapon Fighting from Complete Adventurer allows you to treat a one-handed weapon in your offhand as a light weapon, so you receive the -2/-2 penalty instead of the -4/-4 penalty for wielding two one-handed weapons.

The LeShay epic level creature has a special quality called Superior Two Weapon Fighting, which removes the penalties altogether.

Setra
2007-08-25, 10:26 PM
Erm, I didn't mean to say penalty.

I meant a feat that would allow you to put your full strength bonus into both weapons. Instead of half, for off-hand.

dyslexicfaser
2007-08-25, 10:33 PM
There IS one for that, but damned if I can remember what it's called.

Zincorium
2007-08-25, 10:34 PM
The Bloodclaw Master prestige class from tome of battle lets you do this with certain weapons, and the Revenant Blade prestige class from players guide to Eberron goes a step further and gives you 1.5 x str bonus for both ends of a double bladed scimitar.

Matthew
2007-08-26, 02:12 PM
Yep, short of Tome of Battle there is no official way to remove that 0.5 Strength Bonus Multiplier. That said, I wouldn't cry any tears to see it hand waved away via a House Rule. If Saga is any indication, it's going to be that way in 4e.

Also, the Tempest Prestige Class would reduce Two Weapon Fighting Penalties to 0/0.