PDA

View Full Version : Wild Magic Adventures

LeonBH
2018-01-25, 12:51 PM
If you have an entertaining story around or about Wild Magic Surges, I'd love to read about them.

---

For me, our party was in a circular room with the BBEG in the center. Everyone but me and our halfling gunslinger was a melee combatant, so most of the PCs were bunched in the center, the halfling stood on one side by the edge of the room, and I stood by the door.

My turn on the initiative: I walked over to where the halfling stood and said "excuse me" accidentally in a rude manner (to which he responded "What? No, I was here first. Go get your own spot!"). I cast a spell, rolled a d20, and triggered a Wild Surge.

This freaked the halfling out because I was literally standing next to him, and he was the only one who would get caught in the blast if it turned out to be a self-Fireball. Our conversation then went something like this:

Halfling: "%&$#?@!"
Me: "What? I didn't trigger a surge on purpose. You're the one standing next to me."
H: "I was outside your blast range specifically to avoid you, until you walked in here and triggered a f*king surge!"

He was right. I don't even remember what result I got on the surge. I was too amused by what I'd accidentally caused.