PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Crazy Half-Orc Magus who thinks he is a Paladin.

Andry
2018-01-25, 05:35 PM
So we are playing the Strange Aeons Adventure Path. We are currently 8th level and I am planning my backup character as I don't see my Swashbuckler/Investigator surviving much longer. Since this Adventure Path is cooky with with lots of insanity and loopy people. I wanted to make a Half-orc magus who worships the demi-god Ragathiel General of Vengeance and thinks he is a Paladin of this demigod.

I was going to take the Bladebound archetype to simulate the bonded weapon. The Sacred Tattoo racial ability and fortunes favored trait to simulate the charisma to saves. I figure Spellstrike would simulate smite evil. Now the lay on hands ability is kind of hard to do. Maybe take hexcrafter and take the healing hex? I am looking for any ideas for making this concept work.

Thanks in advance for any help given
Andry

MindTheGap97
2018-01-25, 08:55 PM
Healing Hex might work decently, you can only heal somebody once per day and it is mostly an out of combat option, but it has good flavor. Overall the Bladebound/Hexcrafter works well as a combination.

Krav201
2018-02-10, 11:07 AM
Are you married to Magus? Personally I think bloodrager mimics paladin a little better especially if the consern is more asctetics than purely mimicking the mechanics. It especially works because the concept of an insane or incredibly dumb character meshes well with the idea of bloodrager who's abilities are all inherent. Who needs smite evil, you will have smash evil

Andry
2018-02-10, 06:10 PM
I am looking for function rather than form. But I pretty wedded to the Magus idea because it works pretty well to mimic the class features. But I appreciate the thoughts on the Bloodrager.

Kurald Galain
2018-02-11, 02:26 PM
Magus guide (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus).

Use spell blending for Burst of Radiance and Lesser Angelic Aspect, and maybe Protection from Evil. The Celestial Healing spell is on the Magus list and kind-of works like lay on hands.

You can use Arcane Mark as your deluded version of Detect Evil. You touch a creature, invoke your deity, and if the creature starts glowing, he's evil and can be smited. Smote. Smitten. You know what I mean.