PDA

View Full Version : Drinks!

Lavin
2007-08-26, 02:56 AM
Alright everybody, I think it’s time I undertook a minor project. And when I say small, I mean it. This is just something to help every DM flesh out their world using…you guessed it…DRINKS! Even if your just a player, you might find this useful. If you like it, tell your DM about this thread.

Every campaign (it seems) has drinks. But how does it affect you, the imbiber? In this thread, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about drinks and their effects on the semi-innocent.

The basics are this:

It’s simple. The more you drink, the drunker you get. Drunkenness is measured by an incurred penalty to all attack rolls, saves, and checks involving mobility, dexterity, or diplomacy . These include:

• Balance
• Bluff
• Climb
• Diplomacy
• Disable Device
• Escape Artist
• Gather Information
• Hide
• Intimidate*
• Jump
• Knowledge
• Listen
• Move Silently
• Perform
• Sense Motive
• Sleight of Hand
• Spot
• Swim
• Search
• Tumble
• Reflex Saving Throw
• Will Saving Throw

* = INTIMIDATION : Some people when drunk, are more aggressive, violent, and therefore more intimidating. If your alignment is any sort of chaotic or evil, or combination of the two, roll a D% to see what kind of drunk you are.

Type of Drunk
{table=head]D%|Drunk Type

1-50|
Aggressive|

51-100|
Non-Aggressive|[/table]

If you are Aggressive, add the incurred penalties to Intimidate and no other skill.

Drink Ranking:
The drinks are ranked from least alcoholic/potent to most. Least alcoholic are the light drinks, followed by hard drinks. Most potent are the Magical drinks.

Consciousness:
When the maximum penalty is reached (-10), roll a fortitude save. DC 10 is the minimum to stay conscious. Should you choose to keep drinking, every drink after the maximum requires you to roll fortitude and add +2 to the DC. Magical drinks is +4 to the DC for every drink past maximum.

Sobering:
According to adanedhel9 and dr. cello, the human body sobers up at a fairly steady rate, losing approximately one drink per hour. For the sake of simplicity, we will say that a D&D player loses exactly one drink per hour.

As you drink, you will be moving down the charts, incurring more and more penalties. Should you stop drinking, every hour from that point on, move back up the chart one row. This represents losing drinks at the rate 1/h (one per hour).

Alternative Sobering:
If you find that keeping your place on the charts is needlessly complicated, I provide you with an alternative, courtesy of dr. cello’s suggestion. Every hour, take away 2 points of your incurred penalty. This also suggests losing one drink per hour.

Hangovers:
When you are completely sober, you will be hung over. Having a hangover, you will be struck with symptoms such as: powerful headache, sensitivity to light, sensitivity to sound. None of these effects will incur any penalty, but are inconvenient nonetheless. Hangover lasts 1d6 hours from point of becoming sober.

Many thanks to adanedhel9 and dr. cello for suggesting that sobering rules be placed in effect.

Lavin
2007-08-26, 03:01 AM
We’ll start with the seemingly innocent light drinks. In this category we have common items such as:

• Beer
• Wine (white or red)
• Ale

Etc…

The penalties are as follows:

Light Drinks
{table=head]Number of Drinks Imbibed|Penalty Incurred

1st|
-0|

2nd|
-0|

3rd|
-0|

4th|
-3|

5th|
-4|

6th|
-6|

7th|
-8|

8th|
-9|

9th|
-10|[/table]

Hard Drinks:
The second most alcoholic are the hard drinks. In this category we have things like:

• Whiskey
• Scotch
• Gin
• Vodka
• Schnapps

Etc…

Hard Drinks

1st|
-0|

2nd|
-2|

3rd|
-3|

4th|
-4|

5th|
-7|

6th|
-8|

7th|
-10|[/table]

Magic Drinks:
Finally, we have the section on the Magical Drinks. While these may not have as much alcohol as regular drinks, the magic ingredients make the existing alcohol more potent.

Drinks in this category are:

• Dragon’s Drink*
• Darktouch*

Etc…

* = These drinks have special (magical) properties which I will describe in loving detail later.

Magic Drinks

1st|
-2|

2nd|
-3|

3rd|
-4|

4th|
-7|

5th|
-10|[/table]

----------------------------------------------------------

Drink Tables for the Strong and Weak Constitutioned:

The above tables were created with a person of average constitution in mind. Thank's to Dr. Cello's suggestion, I have created tables for the Strong Constitutioned (above average score) and the Weak Constitutioned (below average score). They are as follows:

Drink Tables For The Weak Constitutioned:

Light Drinks For The Weak Constitutioned

1st|
-0|

2nd|
-3|

3rd|
-4|

4th|
-6|

5th|
-8|

6th|
-10|[/table]

Hard Drinks For the Weak Constitutioned

1st|
-2|

2nd|
-3|

3rd|
-5|

4th|
-7|

5th|
-10|[/table]

Magic Drinks For the Weak Contitutioned

1st|
-4|

2nd|
-5|

3rd|
-7|

4th|
-10|[/table]

Drink Tables For The Strong Constitutioned:

Light Drinks For the Strong Constitutioned

1st|
-0|

2nd|
-0|

3rd|
-0|

4th|
-0|

5th|
-0|

6th|
-2|

7th|
-4|

8th|
-5|

9th|
-6|

10th|
-8|

11th|
-9|

12th|
-10| [/table]

Hard Drinks For the Strong Constitutioned

1st|
-0|

2nd|
-1|

3rd|
-2|

4th|
-3|

5th|
-5|

6th|
-7|

7th|
-9|

8th|
-10|[/table]

Magic Drinks For the Strong Constitutioned.

1st|
-1|

2nd|
-2|

3rd|
-3|

4th|
-4|

5th|
-7|

6th|
-10|[/table]

Thanks to Dr. Cello, I hope many more people can find this useful.

------------------------------------------

Combining Drinks:
Now on to the next (slightly more confusing) part of the drinks rules. Thanks to Icewalker, who made this suggestion, now you are going to have charts to help you combine penalties for combining different levels of drinks (e.g. drinking a wine followed by a scotch [a light drink followed by a hard drink]). Also, I have edited the charts to be used by players with both weak and strong constitutions, as well as just average.

Here’s how it works. At the head of the table will be a denomination of either light, hard, or magic drinks. This denotes the last drink a player has consumed before moving on to another level. Whatever level drink is consumed next, add the penalties below.

The charts:

Combining Drinks for the Average Constitutioned

Combination Drinks: Light
{table=head]Light Drinks|

Hard -2|
Magic -3|[/table]

Combination Drinks: Hard
{table=head]Hard Drinks|

Light -1|
Magic -3|[/table]

Combination Drinks: Magic
{table=head]Magic Drinks|

Hard -2|
Light -1|[/table]

Combining Drinks for the Weak Constitutioned

Hard -3|
Magic -4|[/table]

{table=head]Hard Drinks|

Light -2|
Magic -4|[/table]

Hard -3|
Light -2|[/table]

Combining Drinks for the Strong Constitutioned

Hard -1|
Magic -2|[/table]

{table=head]Hard Drinks|

Light -1|
Magic -2|[/table]

Hard -1|
Light -1|[/table]

There you go, I hope that's not too unduly confusing. If not, You have Icewalker to thank, as do I. Thank you icewalker, for a great suggestion!

Icewalker
2007-08-26, 03:43 AM
A fun thing to write up, and a handy thing to have. It's a good idea, and you've set up the basics well here.

One issue so far: the tables for the different levels of alcohol don't mix. What happens if you drink some of each?

The best way I can think of for this (although far more complex) is you have a "drunkness score" which increases a little for a light drink, a lot for a heavy drink, etc, and you can check the number to find your minuses.

Lavin
2007-08-26, 04:07 AM
^ I see what you mean. I like the score idea, I'll go back and edit it. You get full credit, of course, thanks! It might take longer to do that, however, because it is, as you said, more difficult.

Kaelaroth
2007-08-26, 04:08 AM
Hey! Love it. Can you help me place where you think the drinks my gaming group uses would go?

- Firewhisky
- Icewine
- Devil's Piss

Thanks! :smallsmile:

Lavin
2007-08-26, 04:22 AM
Hey! Love it. Can you help me place where you think the drinks my gaming group uses would go?

- Firewhisky
- Icewine
- Devil's Piss

Thanks! :smallsmile:

Briefly describe each one to me, Kaelaroth. :smallbiggrin:

dr.cello
2007-08-26, 04:46 AM
Not bad. Question, though: what about characters with weak constitutions (or high constitution)? Some people, it takes maybe one and a half beers before they're well past tipsy and into drunk. Some people can't get drunk on ten shots of straight whiskey.

And, and I have no idea how to make this into a mechanic, there is a point of drunkenness at which, no matter how nimble you usually are, feats of dexterity such as holding onto a glass and sitting upright become quite difficult. If you could find a mechanic to represent that, it would be amazing.

Lavin
2007-08-26, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! I have created a table for drinks for the both strong and weak Contitutioned players. As to the mechanic question, when a person hits the -10 penalty, they will find most things impossible to do.
[See the "Consciousness" section in my first post]

dr.cello
2007-08-26, 06:07 AM
Here is the problem I have. And I don't think I've ever seen an alcohol mechanic which deals with it, so it's more a general pondering. After quite a lot of drinks, standing up is a difficult task, much less walking in a straight line. But someone with an eighteen dex and five ranks in balance is only at a -1 penalty on balance. Which, while at a penalty, is still not bad. At some point, no matter how skilled you are, you have all the dexterity of a clam. Your nervous system is misfiring all round. Like I said, no idea how to handle this. Possibly (and this is probably needlessly complicated) a Stages of Drunkenness type of thing, where, in addition to penalties, you assign a max skill rank to certain (or maybe all) skills.

I might suggest that you add Knowledge, Sense Motive (drunks are easily led), and maybe Listen at the least to the list of penalized skills. Knowledge should have a special rule allowing a retry of the check in question when you've sobered up (but possibly only allowing the original natural roll, and modifying it appropriately, to prevent people from getting drunk to gain a free reroll on knowledge checks. For instance, if Bob has a knowledge modifier of +8 normally, and is currently at a -2, and rolls a 16 on his check, he gets a 14 now, but as he sobers up, if he wishes to retry the check, it gradually increases). It's possible you should just add all intelligence and wisdom based skills.

Oh, and a mechanic for sobering up would be nice. Usually the rule is 'one drink per hour.' I gather you're going to introduce that Drunkenness Score, which is probably the best way--just a flat rate of so many drunkenness points per hour are healed.

I really like this, though--it's probably my favorite booze-related rule so far (since, to be honest, there's no chance involved in drinking. If you know what you're doing, you can know exactly how much it will take to get you drunk--there's no possibility of a lightweight doing ten shots and not getting completely plastered, unless he takes hours to do so).

adanedhel9
2007-08-26, 09:19 AM
I'd simplify if I were you. There isn't anything special about hard liquor that makes you get drunk faster on it; you just have to drink less of it. 1 oz. liquor ~ 4 oz. wine ~ 12 oz. beer, all of which are common serving sizes for those varieties of alcohol. You could merge the different alcohol tables together and just define a drink of liquor to be 1 oz., a drink of wine to be 4 oz. and a drink of beer to be 12 oz.

Personally, magical drinks should be based on the same system (eg you have have magical beer and magical liquor which would act like beer and liquor for the purposes of drunkeness), but have some other effect besides (eg making you stronger, letting you breath fire, etc.)

You'll also need recovery rules. The human body can eliminate ~1 drink per hour. So every hour you'd move up one step on the tables.

Kaelaroth
2007-08-26, 11:44 AM
Hi.

Firewhisky is a highly flammable version of whisky, mixed with vodka, that deals fire damage to the drinker to the imbiber.

Icewine is chardonnay-like substance, which has been treated with elemental ice, and sugar. For the rich and dirty. Highly addictive.

Devil's Piss is demonic variant of ale. What more can I say!

:smallbiggrin:

BRC
2007-08-26, 12:01 PM
My character (dwarf cleric) actually entered a drinking contest last session. It ended in a tie.

Lavin
2007-08-26, 04:41 PM
I'd simplify if I were you. There isn't anything special about hard liquor that makes you get drunk faster on it; you just have to drink less of it. 1 oz. liquor ~ 4 oz. wine ~ 12 oz. beer, all of which are common serving sizes for those varieties of alcohol. You could merge the different alcohol tables together and just define a drink of liquor to be 1 oz., a drink of wine to be 4 oz. and a drink of beer to be 12 oz.

Personally, magical drinks should be based on the same system (eg you have have magical beer and magical liquor which would act like beer and liquor for the purposes of drunkeness), but have some other effect besides (eg making you stronger, letting you breath fire, etc.)

You'll also need recovery rules. The human body can eliminate ~1 drink per hour. So every hour you'd move up one step on the tables.

Thanks! I essentially made the charts with the liquor/wine/beer serving sizes in mind, but I suppose that isn't really clear. I'll go back and edit it. As to the magic drinks, I actually do have a couple Homebrewed drinks I was going to post as soon as I had the chance. For example, below is one of my favorite magic drinks, the Drangon's Drink.

As to the sobering up, I hadn't even thought about it. That losing "one drink per hour" is really helpful, thanks a lot! I'll edit the Basics to include sobering!

Lavin
2007-08-26, 04:44 PM
Magic Drinks:

Dragon’s Drink:

This is a simple, yet fun drink designed by me. This a fairly rare commodity, therefore is fairly expensive. Magic drink penalties apply.

Description:
“Dragon’s Drink is a strange drink indeed. Its key ingredient is rumored to be dragon’s blood, enhanced by spells. This can neither be confirmed nor denied, as only the creators know for sure, and they guard the recipe with their lives. This drink, for whatever reason, makes it harder to resist succumbing to unconsciousness. It’s told that this drink grants the user the power to breathe fire for brief periods of time. It's coloration is always bright gold, and when drunk, is far warmer than any other kind of alcohol.”

Operation:
Here’s how Dragon’s Drink works. For the drink’s effects (Fireball) to work, a person must consume at least six servings of Dragon’s Drink. Rolling fortitude for this drink has a unique catch. Whatever fortitude saving throw bonuses or penalties a player has are neutralized. Don't add the bonus or penalty fort. saving throw on your character sheet for remaining conscious.

Should the player make the saving throw, he/she rolls a d4. This determines the number of days it will take for the drink’s effect to kick in. Drinking more drinks won’t allow more fireballs, unless you drink another six drinks.

On the day of receiving the spell:
The DM decides when exactly during the day the player will receive the spell. When he decides it’s time, the player will have to make a fortitude saving throw, DC 13. Should the player fail, he/she will collapse. He/she will be ridden with flu-like symptoms including: intense fever, sweating and nausea, disorientation and Confusion for 2d6 days. The other player will have to keep the unconscious player’s forehead cool. The affected player is damaged 1d4 (lethal) for every 6 hours he is left unattended.

Should the player succeed the throw, he/she will feel and intensely warm glowing feeling rushing throughout his/her veins for a few minutes then settle down, except in his/her throat region. The warmth is pleasant, not hot. The player will have a fireball in "inventory", ready to fire whenever they will it.

Drangon’s Drink Fireball Chart
{table=head]Number of Drinks Imbibed|
Fireballs

Six|
1|

Twelve|
2|

Eighteen|
3|

Twenty-Four|
You’re dead. And Broke.|[/table]

Coming soon, the extensively magical, and equally ridiculous drink, Darktouch.

Lavin
2007-08-26, 04:53 PM
Hi.

Firewhisky is a highly flammable version of whisky, mixed with vodka, that deals fire damage to the drinker to the imbiber.

Icewine is chardonnay-like substance, which has been treated with elemental ice, and sugar. For the rich and dirty. Highly addictive.

Devil's Piss is demonic variant of ale. What more can I say!

:smallbiggrin:

Alright, so your Firewhiskey would be under magic. Dealing fire damage is not "normal" per se, so that eliminates anything non-magical (normal).

As for Icewine, I would treat as a Hard Drink. Chardonnay is technically a Light Drink, but it has addictive qualities and non-standard ingredients that make up for that.

And your Devil's Piss. I'm assuming that it is the same as standard ale, except having been brewed by a demonic species. If this is the case, treat it as a Light Drink. If I'm wrong and it affects the drinker in some (non-standard) way, treat it as Magical.

I hope that answers your question!

Tim4488
2007-08-26, 05:06 PM
Here's one I made up off the top of my head a few weeks ago when the party ordered "something special" in an elven pub. I actually never named it, in retrospect...

Served in a martini glass, this drink is an acid green color. The drink bubbles and fizzes as it rests. Made of a combination of elven wine and other ingredients, with just a touch of magic, the drink is often used by elves looking to have a bit of fun, especially those who are more reserved.

(Drink) would be treated as a light drink with the following magical effects. Every time a character drinks (drink), he/she must make a Will save, starting at 15 and increasing by one for every drink the character consumes (16 on the second drink, 17 on the third drink, and so on.) On a failure, the character is affected by something akin to a weaker Charm Person effect, becoming sexually/romantically attracted to whomever the character was looking at upon finishing the drink (DM can roll randomly.) If the character fails the save while viewing a being of a gender/race the character would not normally be attracted to, the DM can decide the effect based on the group and how funny it would be (I once let someone get away with "That elf looks like an interesting person to hang out with" because it made more sense.)

Lavin
2007-08-27, 02:33 AM
Magic Drinks:

Darktouch:

Another fun drink, designed by me. It’s far more common than Dragon’s Drink, therefore less expensive. Due to the labor of creation, however, it is still more expensive than non-magic drinks.

Description:
“Darktouch is interesting in and of itself, merely because, despite its dramatic name, none of the effects are particularly dramatic or serious. In fact, most of the effects received through Darktouch are typically comical. However, it is said that occasionally, Darktouch has given it’s drinker an effect that has saved their lives, or at least proven to be useful in a tight situation. Physically, it is difficult to tell exactly how it appears. Thousands of colors, spanning the entire spectrum, swim and dance around each other in even the tiniest glass. It tastes neither sweet, sour, or bitter, nor is it distinguishable from either liquid or gas, it’s texture is not thick or thin, neither warm nor cold. Rather, it is a bizarre amalgamation of all of these.”

Operation:
Darktouch works like this. Darktouch is treated like a magic drink, and penalties incurred should be counted on the Magic Drink Table. For every drink imbibed, roll a d% (1-100). Whatever number shows up, find it on the chart below. The effect to the right of the number is given to the drinker instantly. Below the chart, I have outlined some of the more unusual effects and how they operate and interact with other effects.

The table itself is here:

Darktouch
{table=head]D%|
Effect Recieved|
1-4|
You Gain +5 Temporary HP|
5-10|
You Remain Drunk For 1d4 Days|

10-13|
You Shrink ½ inch|

14-18|
Your Hair Grows 2 inches|

18-25|
You Grow ½ inch|

25-27|
-2 On Jump Checks (two day)|

28-31|
Hair Changes Color (natural colors only)|

32-35|
+2 On Perform Checks (one day)|

36-39|
Polymorph Into Tiny Creature For 1d4 Hours|

40-43|
-2 On Perform Checks (one day)|

44-47|
You (literally) Cough Up 2d20 GP (once)|
48-52|
You (literally) Cough Up 1d12 Gems (once)(valued 1GP each)|

53|
+2 On Jump Checks (two days) |

54-58|
You Learn A Target’s Surface Thoughts For 1d4 Rounds|

59-63|
Your Skin Turns An Unnatural Color For 1d4 Days|

64-68|
-2 On Bluff Checks (one day)|

69-73|
+2 On Bluff Checks (one day)|

74-78|
You Hiccup Butterflies Until Sober|

79-83|
Your Hair Shrinks 2 Inches|

84-88|
One Windstorm Burst|

89-92|
Faerie Fire Surrounds You (one day)|

93-96|
A Swarm Of Brightly Colored Butterflies Follow You (one day)|

97-100|
Allowed One Defensive Roll In Inventory|[/table]

Special Notes About Specific Effects:

• D% 1-4: You Gain +5 Temporary HP – The temporary HP go directly to your lethal damage score. They will remain there until damage takes the points away. As they are temporary, they do not permanently increase your HP.

• D% 5-10: You Remain Drunk For 1d4 Days – Once this effect is rolled, three things result. One, any magical effects consumed through magic drinks from that point on are negated. Two, no matter how much more you drink, you will never become any more drunk, until the point of sobering, 1d4 days later. Three, whatever impairments you may have accumulated, both magic and non-magic, remain with you for 1d4 days. Fluffy example:

“‘Scythe’, one evening decided to branch out, and drank two servings of Darktouch. After the first one, he felt ill, and then proceeded to hurl a large quantity of coinage onto his own boots. During the ensuing scramble, he drank another serving, but felt nothing. Though ‘Scythe’ was a teetotaler, and he drank all night, and never felt more then his first buzz after the second drink of Darktouch. For some bizarre reason, the buzz plagued him over the next three days. On the fourth day, just as ‘Scythe’ was beginning to doubt his sanity, his mind began to clear, and he could feel himself sobering. After a couple hours, he felt back to normal.”

• Any effect giving bonuses or penalties to skill checks – Add or subtract as normal (they’re all circumstance based), but factor in any impairments from previous drinks.

• 36-39: Polymorph Into Tiny Creature For 1d4 Hours – Tiny and harmless animals only. Like a mouse, or a gecko. Perhaps even a fly. Use your imagination, as the choice is up to the drinker.

• 44-47 & 48-52: You (literally) Cough Up… - This is a one time effect.

• 59-63: Your Skin Turns An Unnatural Color For 1d4 Days – By unnatural, I mean colors like hot pink, blue, green, etc… Once again the color choice is up to the drinker, just so long as they play into the rules.

• 84-88: One Windstorm Burst – This operates similar to the Fireball that one receives after drinking six servings of Dragon’s Drink (see above post), except that one doesn’t have to make any sort of saving throws, and receives the effect immediately. The effect is this; A super-pressured blast of air is expelled from one's lungs at will, knocking anyone it touches prone for one round. This is a one-time effect, and is expelled in the same shape and size as a 15 foot spell cone.

• 97-100: Allowed One Defensive Roll In Inventory – This is simple enough. You are allowed a single roll to oppose an opponent’s successful attack against you, adding your Fortitude Saving Throw to the roll. You add your Fortitude Saving throw only if it has a bonus. Fluffy example:

“A week previously, Sarah’s character had taken a serving of Darktouch, receiving a Defensive Roll. Currently, she was fighting a hobgoblin. The hobgoblin made an attack roll, which exceeded her AC of 16 by one. When the goblin rolled for damage, Sarah realized that the resulting damage would most likely kill her, at least sending her into the negative digits. She told the DM that she would use her defensive roll. The DM nods, and Sarah rolls a d20. It comes up a 16, not enough to beat the hobgoblins attack roll of 17. Sarah looks down at her character sheet and adds her Fortitude bonus of +2, her roll totaling at 18, effectively beating the hobgoblin’s roll, and negating all damage for that round.”

Simple enough, I hope. I believe this does it for my Homebrewed drinks for now. Tell me what you think, and thanks for reading!

-Lavin

Lavin
2007-08-27, 02:41 AM
Here is the problem I have. And I don't think I've ever seen an alcohol mechanic which deals with it, so it's more a general pondering. After quite a lot of drinks, standing up is a difficult task, much less walking in a straight line. But someone with an eighteen dex and five ranks in balance is only at a -1 penalty on balance. Which, while at a penalty, is still not bad. At some point, no matter how skilled you are, you have all the dexterity of a clam. Your nervous system is misfiring all round. Like I said, no idea how to handle this. Possibly (and this is probably needlessly complicated) a Stages of Drunkenness type of thing, where, in addition to penalties, you assign a max skill rank to certain (or maybe all) skills.

I might suggest that you add Knowledge, Sense Motive (drunks are easily led), and maybe Listen at the least to the list of penalized skills. Knowledge should have a special rule allowing a retry of the check in question when you've sobered up (but possibly only allowing the original natural roll, and modifying it appropriately, to prevent people from getting drunk to gain a free reroll on knowledge checks. For instance, if Bob has a knowledge modifier of +8 normally, and is currently at a -2, and rolls a 16 on his check, he gets a 14 now, but as he sobers up, if he wishes to retry the check, it gradually increases). It's possible you should just add all intelligence and wisdom based skills.

Oh, and a mechanic for sobering up would be nice. Usually the rule is 'one drink per hour.' I gather you're going to introduce that Drunkenness Score, which is probably the best way--just a flat rate of so many drunkenness points per hour are healed.

I really like this, though--it's probably my favorite booze-related rule so far (since, to be honest, there's no chance involved in drinking. If you know what you're doing, you can know exactly how much it will take to get you drunk--there's no possibility of a lightweight doing ten shots and not getting completely plastered, unless he takes hours to do so).

Hmmm. I see what you mean. I do believe that a Stages of Drunkenness table might be too confusing, unfortunately.
Thanks, though for suggesting that I update the skills that are impaired by drinking, I accidentally glossed those over! Thanks for suggesting the sobering rule, too. Thanks for enjoying this thread!