PDA

View Full Version : Demon Street

Ibrinar
2018-01-27, 09:25 PM
http://www.demonstreet.co/about
Didn't see a thread about it and just read it so now I am making one. Basically a street in the human world disappeared and was replaced with one in another world full of weird beings. Boy goes in the world and then teams up with some other human. It took a while for me to really tart liking it but I like the world the characters (often adorable but sufficiently complex) and the art. The non humans are a wide variety of non humans some friendly some interested in eating you. I suggest giving it a try

I think it is nearing the final though.

(Also it made me remember that I wish I could experience other peoples emotions but that not because it did anything special it just has a non binary character which reminded me of my inability to understand some things for which I have no emotional reference, like what does it mean to feel as a specific gender? I don't think I ever had stronger feelings about being male than say needing glasses just something that I was born with that isn't particularly important. I guess I don't care because there is no mismatch. But that still means when I for instance read on the internet (not the comic it doesn't really go into detail no idea what type of gender fluid the character is) about genderfluid for instance and it is described as sometimes feeling male sometimes female which isn't a hard concept but I can't emphasize at all since I don't really have an emotional experience to compare it to. Well I guess I don't really need to know but it bugs me sometimes.

Well that is rather irrelevant to the comic so I will make the text small.)

halfeye
2018-01-28, 12:09 PM
I couldn't navigate the site, the forward and backward mouse clicky icons don't work for me.

Ibrinar
2018-01-28, 03:10 PM
The black hands don't work for me on page 1 (hadn't noticed before because I always advance by clicking the picture) but seem to work afterwards.

eschmenk
2018-02-19, 07:44 PM
The black hands don't work for me on page 1 (hadn't noticed before because I always advance by clicking the picture) but seem to work afterwards.

I generally navigate by clicking the hands, so I can verify that they usually work. I agree, though, that the black hand on page one doesn't work. (OTOH, the red hand at the top of the page does work. :smallconfused:) The hands pointing backwards probably shouldn't even exist, either.

Anyway, I think Demon Street is a fun light comic.