PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine is doing a horror themed game

johnswiftwood
2018-01-27, 09:35 PM
I want to play as alexander anderson. Or rather a rough approxamationof him.

How do i go about this?

MxKit
2018-01-27, 10:58 PM
I'd recommend a Paladin, first off. Probably Strength-based, and either Devotion or Vengeance. His speed might be represented by taking the Mobile feat; if you go Dex-based instead, I might even recommend a Monk multiclass, dipping anywhere from 3 to 8 levels of Open Hand or Kensei to grab Deflect Missiles. The sheer force he brings to battle could be Charger, Dual Wielder, Savage Attacker, Sentinel, and/or (if no Monk multiclass) Tavern Brawler. Durable and Tough are suitable for his near-impossibility to kill/ability to regenerate.

Alternate suggestion: Something to do with the Monster Hunter Ranger. At least 6 levels of it, for both fiends and undead as favored enemies; you could choose either aberrations or monstrosities for your third pick if you go 14 levels in. With this build I'd mix Ranger with either Monk (see above), Paladin, or even Cleric.

But I personally feel like he's a Paladin through and through, so I'd probably go either Paladin/Monk (if going Dex-based) or Paladin/Ranger (if going Strength-based).

Also, obviously he's human. :smalltongue: Probably Turami. My first thought was giving him the Acolyte background, but you could do something interesting by giving him the Urchin background instead, or something similar to Soldier.

johnswiftwood
2018-01-28, 12:07 AM
I'd recommend a Paladin, first off. Probably Strength-based, and either Devotion or Vengeance. His speed might be represented by taking the Mobile feat; if you go Dex-based instead, I might even recommend a Monk multiclass, dipping anywhere from 3 to 8 levels of Open Hand or Kensei to grab Deflect Missiles. The sheer force he brings to battle could be Charger, Dual Wielder, Savage Attacker, Sentinel, and/or (if no Monk multiclass) Tavern Brawler. Durable and Tough are suitable for his near-impossibility to kill/ability to regenerate.

Alternate suggestion: Something to do with the Monster Hunter Ranger. At least 6 levels of it, for both fiends and undead as favored enemies; you could choose either aberrations or monstrosities for your third pick if you go 14 levels in. With this build I'd mix Ranger with either Monk (see above), Paladin, or even Cleric.

But I personally feel like he's a Paladin through and through, so I'd probably go either Paladin/Monk (if going Dex-based) or Paladin/Ranger (if going Strength-based).

Also, obviously he's human. :smalltongue: Probably Turami. My first thought was giving him the Acolyte background, but you could do something interesting by giving him the Urchin background instead, or something similar to Soldier.

I feel im going to go with a vengeance paladin the whole way through, it's final ability feels a lot like alex' monster of god form.

Quoxis
2018-01-28, 01:14 PM
I thought about something like anderson too.
The transformation isn’t a class feature, it’s caused by a magic item, but his main class features are fighting quickly, throwing and slashing with his weapons and being borderline immortal - my build would be zealot barbarian 8/champion or battlemaster fighter 12, dualwielding daggers as bayonets and occasionally throwing them - with the dual wielder feat you can even „reload“ two daggers at once, barbarian keeps you healthy, gives bonus damage and critfishing opportunities while fighter is mainly for the ASI, three normal attacks and some other goodies like second wind, the two weapon fighting style, action surge...