PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What Eidolon evolutions would you give to this companion?

Galacktic
2018-01-28, 07:32 AM
Hi there! I'm currently playing a Spheres of Might Scholar (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/scholar) and I have the Animal Training, Small and Animal Training, Large knacks.

What that means in this case is that I had a suture vine familiar and it evolved into a hunting cactus - but they kept the same abilities as a Familiar and the intelligence that a familiar of that level even as a full animal companion. I'm using the Spheres of Might Martial Beast archetype for it, which gives it a Sphere's of Might talent progression and next level (7) it gains Eidolon evolutions due to me taking Experimental Evolution.

Experimental Evolution

The scholar performs various experiments with breeding, chemical modification, or other techniques to create powerful and unusual creatures loyal to her. When the scholar learns this knack, a familiar, animal companion, or mount she possesses gains a pool of evolution points equal to 1 + 1 per 4 class levels she possesses that can be used to give the creature evolutions as though it were an eidolon. If the scholar possesses multiple familiars, mounts, or companions, she may divide these evolution points amongst them however she chooses. Once a creature has spent its evolution points on a given evolution, the choice cannot be changed until the next time the scholar gains a class level. If the scholar’s companion creature dies or is otherwise permanently lost, she regains any evolution points spent on it and may apply them to a new creature after 1 week of training and experimentation.

Right now, the Hunting Cactus is a grapple beast with the Wrestling Sphere (and that's honestly it) and next level it gains its advancement to get a boost in size and stats along with the evolutions. What two point Eidolon evolution (or two one point, I suppose!) should he end up getting? I get to swap them around every level, so it doesn't have to be set in stone or be something that I need to save up points for.

At current, our party is a Harbinger, an Aegis, and then the Scholar in the backline with the hunting cactus being used primarily as single target CC since we have very little other CC other than my blind/deafening bombs right now.

MeimuHakurei
2018-01-28, 07:52 AM
You always have the option to take Ability Increase to boost Strength by 2. Poison is another option since you can also improve your grappling by lowering the opponent's strength. The one-point evolutions are mostly useful to get additional natural attacks. If you manage to get more evolution points, you can augment those attacks with the Grab evolution to have more chances to get a hold on enemies. Lastly, Sticky is a one-point evolution boosting your chance to maintain a grapple, which allows you to add Reach as well (one of the creature's natural attacks gains 5 feet more reach).