PDA

View Full Version : Subclass Help

Nasagi
2018-01-28, 02:54 PM
Yo guys, Nasagi again asking for a little help. Currently playing Curse of Strahd, but soon we're going to be doing Tomb of Annihilation and I need help coming up with something for my rogue. I'm thinking of going Feral Tiefling Rogue but I don't know what subclass. we start at level 3 so that's a help, and I haven't quite rolled stats yet since it's still a bit off in the distance yet. I know thats not a lot to go off of yet but it's what i got.
I do know for the group we're going to have a fighter/barbarian tank, and a cleric or druid healer type, plus a hexblade warlock. We still have one group member who hasn't been accounted for
as always love you guys and appreciate any type of help

Ganymede
2018-01-28, 02:58 PM
If you were to randomly select your rogue archetype with a die roll, you would end up with a perfectly functional and effective PC.

Your other option is to pick the rogue archetype that most closely fits your background story.

Nasagi
2018-01-28, 03:14 PM
Rolling for subclass doesn't sound a terrible idea

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-01-28, 04:51 PM
Do you have access to Xanathars? There are some cool subclasses in their and a random class rolling table.

Nasagi
2018-01-28, 07:27 PM
Do you have access to Xanathars? There are some cool subclasses in their and a random class rolling table.

I do, one of my favorite books. I'll take a look at it

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-01-28, 08:25 PM
Thats good the random class thing is right after the its right after the subclasses but its not subclasses sorry.

Level2intern
2018-01-28, 08:43 PM
I think ToA has some jungle exploration elements. If you end up without a wilderness guide in your party you could go with the scout subclass. They get free nature and survival proficiency and expertise at 3rd level. Their 13th level ability is pretty sweet.

Swashbuckler could be fun and thematic. ToA is kind of pirate-ish right? In general, I think twf rogues are less optimal than ranged rogues. But ranged rogues seem pretty boring... dual wielding devil-blooded pirate seems very not boring.