PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Giving the fighter whirlwind attack from ranger.

rokane
2018-01-28, 04:02 PM
I am thinking of giving the battle master fighter in my party the option at level 11 to either get his 3rd attack or whirlwind attack from the ranger class. If he takes it then he loses single target dps but of course gains the possibility of getting more attacks. The reason I'm considering it is because it is pretty common for melee characters to get it in video games, we talk about it when opportunities arise and I think an 11 point dip into ranger for it is a bit expensive. So am I over looking something that would cause this to be game breaking or anything? Would you allow it in your own game? Would you take it if you were a player?

BigONotation
2018-01-28, 04:08 PM
Its fine. The ability is only good for fighting hordes on in the front line so that seems good. I would consider it as an 11 fighter.

Matrix_Walker
2018-01-28, 04:08 PM
I am thinking of giving the battle master fighter in my party the option at level 11 to either get his 3rd attack or whirlwind attack from the ranger class. If he takes it then he loses single target dps but of course gains the possibility of getting more attacks. The reason I'm considering it is because it is pretty common for melee characters to get it in video games, we talk about it when opportunities arise and I think an 11 point dip into ranger for it is a bit expensive. So am I over looking something that would cause this to be game breaking or anything? Would you allow it in your own game? Would you take it if you were a player?

I think Extra attack is far superior, but if you want coolness over effectiveness go for it!