PDA

View Full Version : Best tiny servants

Aaedimus
2018-01-29, 01:26 PM
I think tiny servant is an awesome spell. You get utility and so much flavor. It's really fun to think of new objects which I could animate. I like things that could have multiple layers of usefulness.

It's easy to forget, but remember your familiar can be used to cast this from a distance (ex: as a spider through a locked door)

Here are some of my favorites:
A pair of manacles
A bag
A crossbow bolt
A chain
The metal part of a grappling hook
A silver coin
A candlestick (with burning candle)
A lock box
A pill
A poison/acid/alchemist's fire vial or potion bottle
A container of vials/potions
A key
Scissors
Waterskin
Tiny Golden statue
A nail (than push it into a wound)
Tiny taxidermy

What are some of your best ideas or stories while using this spell?

Lord8Ball
2018-01-29, 01:42 PM
1. Cooking/eating utensils
For those who are too lazy to use them. It is great for surprise attacks at dinner parties or when you want to feel in control of a social situation.
2. pen and paper
Well, that is one way for a court stenographer to record cases. Alternatively, it can be used in the arts.
3. Necklace of choking
self-explanatory
4. Re-enactment of Disney's magic brooms from the movie Fantasia.
5. Did someone say ornithopter wings?
6. Creepy doll shenanigans
7. Magic armor knight which can detach and attack with different parts of their body.
8. Automated siege engine
9. Intimidation of the masses with overextravagant ritual.
10. Scarecrow

bc56
2018-01-29, 02:37 PM
One of the trinkets in the PHB is a tiny chest with hundreds of feet carved on the bottom.

For those who don't already recognize it, it's The Luggage from Discworld. I personally would love to have my own little Luggage running around.

Aaedimus
2018-01-29, 03:16 PM
The pen idea is brilliant! Or even a paintbrush. I'm a charlatan so I'd find that particularly useful

Trippic
2018-01-29, 03:24 PM
Tiny servant 3 rocks, cast magic stone and have them 'throw' themselves into combat?
or have 3 tiny servants near you throwing the stones as you bonus action magic stone them

shape water - make tiny ice sculptures
tiny servant them - entertain crowd with rock-em sock-em ice servants
take bets - profit
(or with catnap sorlock - play some tiny servant wizard's chess)

Aaedimus
2018-01-29, 03:25 PM
The pen idea is brilliant! Or even a paintbrush. I'm a charlatan so I'd find that particularly useful

nickl_2000
2018-01-29, 03:32 PM
1. Cooking/eating utensils
For those who are too lazy to use them. It is great for surprise attacks at dinner parties or when you want to feel in control of a social situation.

Only if you can teach them to sing and dance. The song "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast would be a great choice.

Lord8Ball
2018-01-29, 03:48 PM
Only if you can teach them to sing and dance. The song "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast would be a great choice.
That my friend is what the spell magic mouth is for. :smallsmile:

Asmotherion
2018-01-29, 06:11 PM
Antique Bisque Dolls.

Mostly in honor of having watched Rosen Maiden recently. If I would, I'd plan the whole character concept around that one spell though, trying to eventually make them alive through other spells.