PDA

View Full Version : Storm Hawks D20...

Ceiling009
2007-08-26, 11:01 AM
So I've been watching a show called Storm Hawks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_Hawks), and it's actually a lot of fun... I was intrigued by the idea of sky campaign, and the battles and the like that came with it... So I decided to make a class (advanced class) for it in Modern D20, most because I think it fits with the show a little better versus DnD... (after all they have motorbikes and some high tech things)... So here it is...
Sky Knight
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Defense|Reputation
1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+0|Drive By Attack|
+1|
+1

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+0|Sky’s the Limit!|
+1|
+1

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+1|Bonus Feat|
+2|
+2

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Ready to Ride?|
+2|
+2

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Weak Point|
+3|
+3

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+2|Auto-Pilot|
+3|
+3

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+2|Bonus Feat|
+4|
+4

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+2|Lightning Leap|
+4|
+4

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+3|Me and My Ride|
+5|
+5

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+3|Storm Strike|
+5|
+5[/table]

Requirements
BAB: +2
Skills: Drive (Dex) 6 ranks, Pilot (Dex) 6 ranks
Feats: Archaic Weapons Proficiency, Vehicle Expert
Best Path: Fast
Class Information
Hit Die: d8
Action Points: 6 + half the characters level
Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Electronic, Mechanical) (Int), Disable Device (Dex), Drive (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Physical Sciences, Tactics, Earth and Life Sciences) (Int), Navigate (Int), Pilot (Dex), Profession (Wis), Read/Write Language (None), Repair (Int), Speak Language (None), Spot (Int), Tumble (Dex)
Skill Points at Each Level: 5 + Int modifier

Class features

Sky’s the Limit!
A Sky Knight is adept with their Air Skimmer or Heliscooter, either as it flies or if it’s a land vehicle, being able to attack and pilot in either mode without any penalties; instead they get a bonus to Pilot and Drive checks equal to their levels in Sky Knight.

Drive by Attack
As the feat, a Sky Knight does not suffer any speed penalties for attacking while on a moving vehicle nor, does the pilot have to make an attack before or after their vehicular Movement.

Ready to Ride?
A Sky Knight should know their “Ride” in and out, being able to repair, rebuild, and modify their rides for all uses and situations. They receive a bonus equal to their Class level in Sky Knight to Craft (Mechanical) and Repair checks used on their Air Skimmers or Heliscooters.

Weak Point
Since a Sky Knight knows his Ride in and out, he knows well enough about other’s rides, the best way to disable and destroy them. When attacking any version of an Air Skimmer or Heliscooter, they may ignore hardness equal to their Sky Knight level.

Auto-Pilot
A Sky Knight can always pilot his Ride, no matter the situation, so they can always take 10 on the piloting check, even when in battle, and piloting checks become free actions.

Me and My Ride
A Sky Knight is so “in tune” with their Rides, that they may add their defense bonus to their Ride’s Defense.

Lightning Leap
Since a lot of fighting in the air does not quite include straight lines of attack, a Sky Knight may make a charge against an opponent as a jump. If they make the successful jump check, they get additional +2 bonus to their attack in addition to the +2 from the Charge; while also incurring an additionally -2 to their defense, in addition to the -2 from the Charge.

Storm Strike
As a full round action, a Sky Knight may charge their weapon and make a ranged attack against one opponent adding 5d6 to their weapon and crystal damage.

Bonus Feats
A Sky Knight gains bonus feats at 3rd level and 7th level, they may choose these feats from this list, as long as they fulfill their requirements: Acrobatic, Armor Proficiency (light), Brawl, Combat Martial Arts, Defensive Martial Arts, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus, Force Stop, and Vehicle Dodge

So what do you guys think... I'm also thinking of making a Crystal Mechanic Advanced Class to represent the Crystal users of the show, and writing up how Crystal augmented weapons work.

Vadin
2007-08-26, 04:57 PM
Very cool. Stats for heliscooters and air scooter would be awesome.

On the crystals, remember that they don't just augment weapons. They're more like scrolls (or augments) for anybody or anything, giving either a bonus or penalty to things until they're activated and at least partially expended.

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-08-26, 06:07 PM
You know, I was watching that show and I thought it would be so easy to make a RPG for it. It seems like the creators even had RPG-like mechanics in mind.

Dib
2007-08-26, 06:18 PM
It is my new favourite show... perhaps higher then Zim... hmm, I'll have to think on that...

And you've influence me to make my own game out of it... just for friendly games with mates... :D

Stork is my favourite... he's the one I feel most similarities with... He' cool!

Damionte
2007-08-26, 07:11 PM
How do you make charts like that you can post in the forums?

Ceiling009
2007-08-26, 08:20 PM
How to make charts are in the Guide to homebrewing sticky... and I completely forgot about statting up the Air Skimmers and the Heliscooters... I haven't read about vehicles in such a long time... Also, the crystals to me... seem like for most normal users, like the Sky Knights and non crystal centric characters, that they're more like a detachable +1 type attribute to the weapon... so like I think Aerrow's weapons use lightning crystals... his short swords would pretty much be Shocking Short Swords without the +1... with the ability to shoot bolts of electricity... I'm trying to hammer out how weapons work... so it'll be posted sooner or later.

Ceiling009
2007-08-28, 02:40 AM
Okay, so I did some reading and the working out of things, and here's the 4 main rides in the show I guess... most of it is based on the hoverbike from the Future Supplement... so... if you guys want to add to it... I'd suggest looking in there...

Rides
{table=head]Name|Air Skimmer III|Switchblade|Heliscooter|Heliblade
Crew|
1|
1|
1|

Passengers|
1|
1|
1|

Cargo|
Diminutive|
Diminutive|
Diminutive|
Diminutive

Initiative|
+1|
+0|
+2|

Maneuver|
+2|
+0|
+4|
+1

Top Speed|
410|
508|
207|

Defense|
10|
15|
12|

Hardness|
5|
5|
5|

Hit Points|
15|
18|
12|

Size|
Medium|
Medium|
Small|
Medium

Purchase DC|
25|
30|
20|
27[/table]

Air Skimmer III: A motorcycle that can turn into basically a biplane fighter, capable of flight; it is the main vehicle used by Sky Knights and others that take to the skies. As a free action, the wings of the vehicle can be expanded or retracted to allow for flight or to drop unto the ground. The Air Skimmer III can only really leave the ground once it has reached Street Speed (21-50 squares), or has sufficient velocity as it drops from a sufficiently high place. It is two squares long and one square wide.

Switchblade: Much like the Air Skimmer III, but very well armored, thus lacking in maneuverability, as compared to its less armored counterpart; also it imparts -3 Pilot Check to whoever is controlling the vehicle.

Heliscooter: Part scooter, part helicopter; the Heliscooter is rather slow compared to the Air Skimmer and Switchblade, but what it lacks in speed it makes up in maneuverability and ease of use. Also, unlike the Air Skimmers and the Switchblades, it may switch to flight mode without requiring any speed requirement. It is still a free action to change it from either mode, land to flight, and vice versa; and it takes up the space of one square.

Heliblade: The larger and armored counterpart of the Heliscooter, but with less maneuverability. It is also armored, thus it imparts a -2 penalty to Pilot checks to whoever is controlling the vehicle. It is 2 square long and 1 square wide.

Armor types

Light Armor: The defense of the vehicle is raised by 3 points, but then incurs a -2 piloting check penalty and the speed is reduced by 12 squares. Purchase DC: 10 + vehicle hardness

Medium Armor: The defense of the vehicle is raised by 6 points, but also incurs a -4 piloting check penalty and speed reduction of 24 squares. Purchase DC: 15 + vehicle hardness

Heavy Armor: The defense of the vehicle is raised by 8 points, but also incurs a -6 piloting check penalty and speed reduction of 30 squares. Purchase DC: 20 + vehicle hardness