PDA

View Full Version : questions about druids / wild shape / etc

skunk3
2018-01-29, 03:49 PM
So I started a new campaign recently with a new DM. We are playing a gestalt campaign in which I was not able to pick my race or classes. What I ended up with is:

Half-orc / Half-ogre Druid 3 / Favored Soul 3. The penalties to mental stats really suck.

Anyhow, I do plan on maximizing my ability when it comes to wild shaping but this is my first druid so I'm new to it all.

Is there some kind of list out there that compiles all of the animals that I can turn into by level?

If I take the Exalted Wild Shape feat as well as another feat like, say, Dragon Wild Shape, would I be able to apply the celestial template to my dragon form?

What are some good animal companion ideas?

Gear choices? I have read something about wilding clasps and whatnot. I'll also probably want anything that buffs natural attacks too.

Thanks for the help!

timeeater14
2018-01-29, 09:27 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook
Everything you need to know.

skunk3
2018-02-01, 05:36 AM
It is not everything that I need to know, unfortunately.

If I take the Exalted Wild Shape feat and another feat such as Dragon Wild Shape feat, would I then be able to apply the celestial template onto dragons? The reason why I want to know is because the Exalted Wild Shape feat gives you Ex and Su abilities of the creature you shape into. There's the feat "Assume Supernatural Ability" but that only gives you access to ONE Su ability, which seems crap in comparison to getting all Ex and Su abilities, plus other bonuses.

Khedrac
2018-02-01, 06:37 AM
Strict RAW is no, the feat exalted wild shape specifies that you can apply the celestial template to any animal you can turn into and dragons are not animals.

Your DM might rule differently, but getting the extra abilities of dragons could prove overpowered fairly quickly.

skunk3
2018-02-01, 06:41 AM
Ah, yes. That is the bit I was missing.

sleepyphoenixx
2018-02-01, 07:08 AM
Strict RAW is no, the feat exalted wild shape specifies that you can apply the celestial template to any animal you can turn into and dragons are not animals.

Your DM might rule differently, but getting the extra abilities of dragons could prove overpowered fairly quickly.

Dragon Wild Shape already gives you Ex and Su abilities. It's the reason the feat is as good as it is, because otherwise dragon forms aren't that great with wild shape's normal HD limit.
It would be horrifically overpowered with Aberration WS though which is already pretty damn strong just with getting Ex abilities from casting Enhance Wild Shape and near-broken with Assume Supernatural Ability to get one Su ability of one form. Assuming you pick well of course, but a solid example is a Beholder's Eye Rays (which are in fact all one single Su ability).

Otherwise you are of course correct. EWS non-specific features are animal only.