PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Thematically appropriate enchantments for my Sylph Wizard's Ocarina?

MonkeySage
2018-01-29, 04:03 PM
My mage has a masterwork ocarina, which he's fairly competent with. For now, it's just an ordinary musical instrument, but I've been thinking of enchanting it. Suggestions?

stack
2018-01-29, 04:19 PM
Use activated Teleport Through Time limited to a fixed number of years before the present, when the user was beginning his epic quest!

Hunter Noventa
2018-01-29, 04:50 PM
Comedy aside, since it would likely count as a wondrous item, you're pretty much asking for custom enchantments to start with. The most obvious would be a bonus of some kind to Perform(Wind Instrument) checks. If your DM is generous, perhaps it could grant an increase to the caster level of any spells with the [Sonic] descriptor, or cast a few sound-oriented spells a few times a day.

Darrin
2018-01-30, 09:51 AM
Zelda's Lullaby: Command-activated lullaby would be 900 GP. Maybe sleep for 1800 GP.
Epona's Song: Command-activated mount, obviously. 1800 GP.
Song of Storms: Command-activated cloudburst. 1800 GP.
Saria's Song: Sending maybe? Mindlink?
Song of Time: Haste/slow? There's a swift version of haste in the Spell Compendium.
Song of the Sun: Uh, daylight I guess? But a 3rd level spell that doesn't actually simulate daylight is kinda expensive and lame.

Minuet of the Forest: Tree stride.
Bolero of Fire: Resist energy or protection from energy, obviouisly [fire] only.
Serenade of Water: Swamp Stride and maybe water breathing.
Nocturne of Shadow: Shadow walk.
Requiem of Spirit: Word of recall maybe?
Prelude of Light: Door to great evil.

sleepyphoenixx
2018-01-30, 10:02 AM
Song of the Sun: Uh, daylight I guess? But a 3rd level spell that doesn't actually simulate daylight is kinda expensive and lame.
Light of Xymor (DoF) creates natural sunlight. But it's 5th level, so kinda expensive. Totally worth it in a vampire-heavy campaign though.