PDA

View Full Version : Character Idea for a friendly Tournament : Gnome Barbarian/Druid

SaA
2018-01-30, 01:52 AM
ok so a friend of mine is doing this little tournament thing where we are to make a character starting at lv 3

and fight other people , and every time we win we get a level

there will be four different brackets
a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and such so four possible chances to win a prize thing.

ok now that the simple explanition is out of the way this is what i was thinking.

[ps, only phb and his homebrew stuff is allowed, but my character concept pretty much sticks to the Phb so that other stuff is mute for this]

Gnome [Forest or Rock havent decided]
Totem Bear Barbarian/Moon Druid

This is all to make me really difficult to kill

Gnomes advantage vs CHA,INT,WIS saving throws + the Barbarians Resistances + the Extra Layers of HP from Wild-shape. I just want to be come very difficult to damage.

and starting off I will be 1 Barbarian 2 Moon Druid . so that i can Transform and Rage from the start.

What i want to ask is, how viable is this truly ?
also how should i level this character as he progresses forward ? [max level we should reach would be 15ish]

also any suggestions to other viable ideas would be great aswell :O , im mainly looking for something that is hard to deal with, not so much the most optimal i kill you dead maxed out build :)

Quoz
2018-01-30, 02:33 AM
Very viable I should think. Do you know if you get rests between fights? In this scenario if you go into every match fresh off a long rest (Sounds like, if you are levelling after every fight) you could really abuse that. If we tweak your build to Paladin 2/Barb 1/Moon druid X you can get the durability of a wild shape and smite with the slots of a full caster. There is a cost, as you need cha 13 for the multiclass but adding Smites will increase your damage to ridiculous levels. You also pick up a fighting style, and by most accounts dueling works with natural weapons for even more DPR. If you also get prep time before a fight there are a lot of buff spells, some of which don't require concentration. Starting the fight in bear form with jump and longstrider could be ridiculous, and even starting with bless or wrathful smite as a concentration spell could be better than rage, and then rage when you lose concentration.

BobZan
2018-01-30, 05:43 AM
As said before, if you enter fresh every fight, abuse it!

Start as you said, Barb 1/Dru 2. Go for Barb 3 (Bear)/Dru 2. Then Bard 3/Dru 2/Pal 2. Rest Druid.

Turn 1 Rage, Turn 2 Wild Shape.

You'll be hard to defeat on early levels.