PDA

View Full Version : If all bards are gay...

UserClone
2007-08-26, 12:25 PM
...and all elves are fairies, does that make all elven bards (or bardic elves) gay fairies, technically speaking? Discuss.

psychoticbarber
2007-08-26, 12:26 PM
...and all elves are fairies, does that make all elven bards (or bardic elves) gay fairies, technically speaking? Discuss.

I...I just...what? :smallbiggrin:

Neon Knight
2007-08-26, 12:28 PM
This is more than slightly offensive.

UserClone
2007-08-26, 12:29 PM
Yes, well, it isn't meant to be an exercise in offending others, it is meant to be me laughing at the silly amount of meanings that English word seem to have. I apologize if this thread offends, and I do so sincerely.

Spiryt
2007-08-26, 12:32 PM

No, but salami is excellent with Camembert.

Bosaxon
2007-08-26, 12:36 PM
Got proof bard is defined in the english language as gay? Or is it just an opinion and/or slang that you believe to be fact?

However, elves were believed to be fae, so I can't argue that point.

Neon Knight
2007-08-26, 12:37 PM
The bard bit comes from the traditional American view that if you sing and are a man you must be a pansy.

Yeril
2007-08-26, 12:40 PM
Bards are gay?

Have you even SEEN the barbarians? I mean they are all oiled up muscilar men in fur codpeices!

psychoticbarber
2007-08-26, 12:41 PM
Bards are gay?

Have you even SEEN the barbarians? I mean they are all oiled up muscilar men in fur codpeices!

Amen, brother.

Sucrose
2007-08-26, 12:41 PM
I think that he means the medieval meaning of the word "gay," or happy. Since they sing in the middle of combat, that's hard to argue against.

TSGames
2007-08-26, 12:42 PM
Got proof bard is defined in the english language as gay? Or is it just an opinion and/or slang that you believe to be fact?

Well, your standard bard does seem to be quite merry. Another term for "merry" in the English language is "gay." Therefore, bards are gay? Then you have those emo dirge singing bards and whatnot but that's a whole other story.

You people need to lighten up. This offended some of you? He hasn't even started telling jokes about your mom yet. That's phase II.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-26, 12:44 PM
Bards are gay?

QFT.

Seriously, the elf/fae thing I understand and even stand behind. But bard/gay? I'm just not seeing it.
Elan is a bard, and obviously not gay.

Unless by "gay, you mean "happy", which elan pretty much is. I've made some pretty angsty bards - although none ever saw play.

<Ninja'd. Thrice.>

Kaelaroth
2007-08-26, 12:52 PM
Yes, well, it isn't meant to be an exercise in offending others, it is meant to be me laughing at the silly amount of meanings that English word seem to have. I apologize if this thread offends, and I do so sincerely.

Well, you managed to offend me. Well done! :smallmad:

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-26, 01:03 PM
Sheriff: Intentionally or not, this is sufficiently offensive as to not really be appropriate here.