PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A The Eye of Vecna/Nonexistent Spell?

ArcaneLizard
2018-01-30, 02:20 PM
I have a question about the powers of the artifact, The Eye of Vecna from 3.5. It describes a spell, that I simply cannot find anywhere.

The direct description out of the 3.5 DMG is as follows:

"Powers of the Eye: In order to function, the Eye of Vecna must be placed in the empty socket of a character’s skull. The bearer of the Eye loses 2 points of Charisma, and these points may never be restored. The Eye may not thereafter be removed without resulting in the death of its host. It grants the host continuous darkvision and true seeing. Three times per day each, the host can use the spells eyebite and domination. Once per day, the bearer of the Eye can call forth destruction and unhallow. A nonevil character must make a DC 17 Will save each week to avoid becoming evil. All powers are at caster level 20th, and all DCs to resist their effects are 20."

My question is this... What is the spell "Domination"? As far as I can find, it isn't a real spell, and the only spells that are similar are Dominate Person, Dominate Monster, or True Domination. So which is it?

Darrin
2018-01-30, 03:37 PM
My question is this... What is the spell "Domination"? As far as I can find, it isn't a real spell, and the only spells that are similar are Dominate Person, Dominate Monster, or True Domination. So which is it?

Since it's an artifact, I would guess it's dominate monster. (True domination isn't Core.)