PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Can you throw splash weapons multiple times in a round?

SangoProduction
2018-01-30, 08:04 PM
Like Alchemist's Fire. Can you (purely hypothetically) load up on 50 of them, graft a --- load of arms, take multiweapon fighting, and then launch the world in to a (alchemist's) fiery apocalypse?

Or more simply, can you use them with iterative attacks?

Crake
2018-01-30, 09:51 PM
Like Alchemist's Fire. Can you (purely hypothetically) load up on 50 of them, graft a --- load of arms, take multiweapon fighting, and then launch the world in to a (alchemist's) fiery apocalypse?

Or more simply, can you use them with iterative attacks?

I believe you can, they are an attack action to throw, but you need quick draw to be able to draw them fast enough for your second volley.

Ellrin
2018-01-30, 11:07 PM
I believe you can, they are an attack action to throw, but you need quick draw to be able to draw them fast enough for your second volley.

In Pathfinder, Quick Draw specifically doesn't work with alchemical items. I heard Paizo edited it because Quick Draw was a "rogue feat" and they only wanted rogues using "rogue weapons," whatever that means.

Even if true, like rogues needed the nerf.

Anyway, you CAN use splash weapons with iterative attacks, but you have to either already be holding them or have some other way of getting them in hand as a free action.

Psyren
2018-01-31, 12:59 AM
If you use a sling, Slipslinger Grenadier lets you treat them like sling bullets. Combine with Juggle Load, and you have your machine gun alchemist's fire.

SangoProduction
2018-01-31, 10:09 AM
In Pathfinder, Quick Draw specifically doesn't work with alchemical items. I heard Paizo edited it because Quick Draw was a "rogue feat" and they only wanted rogues using "rogue weapons," whatever that means.

Even if true, like rogues needed the nerf.

Anyway, you CAN use splash weapons with iterative attacks, but you have to either already be holding them or have some other way of getting them in hand as a free action.

Ah. OK. So that's what the murmurings about not being able to throw multiple alchemical items was about...

So, if using Spheres of Might, and taking Fast Draw, then it is fine?

Fast Draw
You can draw a weapon as part of the action used to make an attack with it. This can be used with splash weapons, but not with other items such as potions, scrolls, or wands. You can draw a hidden weapon (see the Sleight of Hand skill) as a move action.