PDA

View Full Version : Which character is going to be on the front of War and XPs?

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-26, 02:18 PM
Each of the compilation or bonus material books has had one of the characters REALLY large on the front, behind the main picture. If memory serves me right, DCF featured Elan, NCFTPB featured Roy, OtOoPCS featured Durkon, and SoD had Redcloak.

So who do you think will be on the cover of WaXPs?

I'd say Haley - she went through the whole aphasia thing (a life changing experience), she hooked up with Elan, she got left behind in the city with Belkar, she became the leader of the OotS, she had strips 428 and 470, etc. etc. etc.

What are your thoughts?

Porthos
2007-08-26, 02:54 PM
Odds:

Haley - 70% (Aphasia Arc, Finally Hooking up with Elan, Becoming Leader of the OotS)
Belkar - 25% (Mark of Justice, Eye of Fear and Flame, Sexy Shoeless God of War)
Miko or Hinjo - 4% (Miko's Run in with Redcloak/Xykon, Miko's Fall, Destruction of the Gate, Hinjo Becoming Ruler, Hinjo's Defense of the City, Hinjo Set to Lead a Refugee Ship)
Someone Else - 1% (Invent Reason Here)

Presuming you don't have a repeat of characters, then it can really only be Haley or Belkar. V didn't really have the Arc Spotlight on him during this set of strips. Yes he was pretty cool for the early portion of the War, but it really didn't seem to focus as much on him as it did on other characters.

I could possibly see it being Xykon (for obvious reasons), but with the recent publication of SoD, I'm not sure if we'll see a villian on the front page of the "main line" so soon. And I suppose it could be Nale, but I think he might be saved in case there ever is a Linear Guild specific book. :smallwink:

Belkar might actually be an interesting choice though. Not only do you have the Mark of Justice thread that weaves it's way through these set of strips, but you also have the fact that this is a war centered book. And in a war centered book, it makes sense to focus on one of the most combat orientated characters.

Just imagine a cover that was a stylistic re-imagining of the Sexy Shoeless God of War scene. That would make for an awesome cover. :smallsmile:

Hann
2007-08-27, 10:17 AM
In DCF, there's a little thing on the title page, it's a block of blue followed by a block of purple. Maybe I'm reading way too much into it, but maybe Vaarsuvius?

Oh, and if there is a Linear guild specific book, it's gotta be thog on the cover. No contest.

explanetpluto
2007-08-27, 02:31 PM
I vote for Belkar.

And agree that Thog should be on the Linear Guild cover.

boomwolf
2007-08-27, 03:06 PM
probably belkar...
he gets SO much attention in these...

Lissou
2007-08-27, 03:12 PM
Let's answer all speculations in the same thread, shall we? My guess is:
-Character behind the cover: Haley
-Main image on the cover: Hobgoblins
-Colour of the book: Orange (hobgoblins) or green (goblins, goes well with orange)
-Preface by: Thog

What do you think?

Hann
2007-08-27, 03:33 PM
I stick with V for the cover, but I think the picture will have Hobgoblins and Team Evil on the left side, and the Order, Hinjo, and Miko on the right, standing on the wall. But as for the cover, it depends on the character.
Belkar: Green
Haley: Orange
V: Purple

The Preface will have to be someone from the Order, because the books that had Miko and Redcloak do them were prequels. DCF and NCFtPB had Belkar and V, respectively.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-27, 04:20 PM
My comments in bold

Let's answer all speculations in the same thread, shall we? My guess is:
-Character behind the cover: Haley agreed
-Main image on the cover: Hobgoblins maybe more than hobgoblins... maybe Team Evil facing the OotS and Azure City on the wall, as someone else suggested
-Colour of the book: Orange (hobgoblins) or green (goblins, goes well with orange) Sounds good. Red might fit with war though.
-Preface by: Thog I LOVE IT! YES! YES! YES!

What do you think? Great ideas.

Lissou
2007-08-27, 04:29 PM
to mockingbyrd> red might fit with war, but DCF is already read. The already taken colours are red, yellow, blue and grey. I simply assumed it would be a different one for this new book.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-27, 04:31 PM
to mockingbyrd> red might fit with war, but DCF is already read. The already taken colours are red, yellow, blue and grey. I simply assumed it would be a different one for this new book.

Woops, my bad. :smallredface: Then I agree, orange or green.

boomwolf
2007-08-27, 05:21 PM

if so we will run out of colors before we run out of books...

The Wanderer
2007-08-27, 10:59 PM
I have a feeling it might be Xykon, especially considering that this might be his high point of the comic, that he killed Roy, took over a city, nearly seized control of one of the Gates and basically changed the geopolitics of the continent with his actions.

Ubiq
2007-08-27, 11:39 PM
I have a feeling it might be Xykon, especially considering that this might be his high point of the comic, that he killed Roy, took over a city, nearly seized control of one of the Gates and basically changed the geopolitics of the continent with his actions.

Oh, the possibilities that presents...

Anyway, the point of this story is that wizards suck, but I'm sure that you already knew that.

Hugs and kisses,

Xykon

PS. Some pansy of an editor strongly suggests that I say something about the actual book so... Well, this book features the horrible deaths of many, many paladins. And me. What's not to love?

The demon roaches would also be an amusing choice for a more objective viewpoint of the whole affair.

tenguro
2007-08-28, 12:25 AM
what is War and XPS? Is it a new book with more comic strips explaining more plot points? and also I really want to get SoD and I am wondering can I get it at borders or Barnes and Nobles? I looked at a Hobby store(i live in michigan) called Fun-4-All thinking I can find it there but no luck.

kpenguin
2007-08-28, 12:28 AM
Because of all the controversy that came up during this arc: Miko.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-28, 12:47 AM
what is War and XPS? Is it a new book with more comic strips explaining more plot points? and also I really want to get SoD and I am wondering can I get it at borders or Barnes and Nobles? I looked at a Hobby store(i live in michigan) called Fun-4-All thinking I can find it there but no luck.

The third compilation book, there have been two so far. This story arc (strips 301 to 484), plus some bonus material. It's not out yet.

Porthos
2007-08-28, 01:12 AM
The third compilation book, there have been two so far. This story arc (strips 301 to 404), plus some bonus material. It's not out yet.

*cough* 484 *cough* :smallwink:

And Strip 301 was in No Cure for the Paladin Bules as well (although it was actually placed earlier in the book). :smalltongue:

tenguro
2007-08-28, 02:50 AM
The third compilation book, there have been two so far. This story arc (strips 301 to 404), plus some bonus material. It's not out yet.

I figured it wasn't out yet, I am asking if I can bet no cure for the paladin blues, and Start of Darkness at Borders or Barnes and Nobles (or any book store) like I said I looked at a few hobby stores and they didn't have it.

explanetpluto
2007-08-28, 08:17 AM
I figured it wasn't out yet, I am asking if I can bet no cure for the paladin blues, and Start of Darkness at Borders or Barnes and Nobles (or any book store) like I said I looked at a few hobby stores and they didn't have it.

I've looked at B&N's online store, they don't have it.
Really the only good place to find it is on APE's site or in some gaming stores.

Hann
2007-08-28, 09:34 AM
Then, Hann seized the reigns of the thread and steered it back on course.

I actually am leaning toward Haley as the cover, with the color being orange, of course. I think the preface will be roy or durkon, as the actual compilations always have the OotS do the preface.

Hawkeye
2007-08-28, 10:38 AM

as the actual compilations always have the OotS do the preface.

Miko did the SoD preface.

WalkingTarget
2007-08-28, 11:10 AM
Miko did the SoD preface.

I believe the point is that SoD was not a compilation. The two prequel books were already noted for having non-Order prefaces.

Hawkeye
2007-08-28, 12:21 PM
True, but there have been four OotS books so far, two have had OotS prefaces and two haven't. Just because the non-OotS have only been in the prequels doesn't mean it's a rule that they can't do the next books one.

WalkingTarget
2007-08-28, 12:36 PM
Yes, but your post about SoD was in response to somebody talking about the compilations, which was inapplicable.

This does not invalidate your point that other characters than OotS members could do the preface in future books, but you quoted Hann when you didn't need to to support this view.

I personally think that OotS members' prefaces will continue in the compilations, but I base that on nothing in particular other than gut feeling.

basilisk 89
2007-08-28, 12:38 PM
I want Roy's dad to do the preface.

Hann
2007-08-28, 12:52 PM
That would be pretty funny. But my bet is, since Rich said at the end of NCFtPB that he would be doing two more prequels (this is before SoD came out) There's going to be another one. And since it would almost have to be happening BEFORE SoD, I'm going to say an Order of the Scribble book, entirely in Crayon. Roy's dad would probably do the preface for that.

basilisk 89
2007-08-28, 02:20 PM
That would be pretty funny. But my bet is, since Rich said at the end of NCFtPB that he would be doing two more prequels (this is before SoD came out) There's going to be another one. And since it would almost have to be happening BEFORE SoD, I'm going to say an Order of the Scribble book, entirely in Crayon. Roy's dad would probably do the preface for that.

Or Hinjo. Or Shojo. Or the entire thing could be drawn by Thog.

Hann
2007-08-28, 04:35 PM
That would be the most awesome thing since it came out in book form

basilisk 89
2007-08-28, 07:41 PM
Mmmm.... Thog draws the Order of the Scribble book.... with a Thog preface... heh. That'd be great.

Hann
2007-08-29, 10:04 AM
It's a Thog-a-palooza!