PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a monster

Yogibear41
2018-01-31, 02:38 AM
Does anyone know of a Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid of medium or small size that has Regeneration as an innate (not from a class or feat) Extraordinary Ability?

Best I have found so far is the War Troll, but it is large sized.

Thurbane
2018-01-31, 02:57 AM
The Yurian (FF) is a medium Monstrous Humanoid has Limited Regeneration, but I'm pretty sure that's not the type of regeneration you are looking for.

Only other option I can think of is the Tree Troll (Dragon # 299): a small Monstrous Humanoid that has actual Regeneration (Ex).

Yogibear41
2018-01-31, 03:33 AM
The troll works nicely, but I'll still be on the look out for other options.

Found a spell in a ravenloft book that lets a wizard/sorcerer/adept change his familiar into a medium or small sized humanoid or monstrous humanoid, gain its physical stats and extraordinary qualities, as well as giving it class levels in an npc class, would be pretty nifty to have a 12th level regenerating familiar warrior/expert as a 12th level wizard/sorcerer.

DrMotives
2018-01-31, 05:48 AM
Dragon Magazine #299 has the tree troll, a small monstrous humanoid with regeneration 3.

ksbsnowowl
2018-01-31, 07:05 PM
Dragon Magazine #299 has the tree troll, a small monstrous humanoid with regeneration 3.

Oh, if I had only known about this back when I was running a Norse/Viking gestalt game...

OP, if Pathfinder Material is alright, I know the first module of the Giant Slayer adventure path has stats for Flood Trolls, CR 2 Medium trolls with Regen 5 that only works when it is touching flowing water or precipitation.

Goaty14
2018-01-31, 10:46 PM
A PC-Race with the troll-blooded regional feat has regeneration 1.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-01-31, 11:49 PM
My first thought was to use the Symbiotic Creature template in Savage Species to combine a regenerating creature like a Dread Blossom Swarm in MM3 with a small or medium humanoid or monstrous humanoid, but the resulting creature is an aberration. It would have the augmented subtype for its original type, though.

You could find any large or smaller regenerating animal, magical beast, or vermin, apply Dungeonbred to reduce it by one size if it's large, and use the Tauric Creature template to combine it with a small humanoid, resulting in a medium monstrous humanoid with regeneration.

ShurikVch
2018-02-01, 07:07 AM
FWIW, Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene have Bugbear Mage (4 HD, LA +3, Medium, regeneration 8) and Lizardfolk, Zek'ira (2 HD, LA +1, Medium, regeneration <number isn't specified>)