PDA

View Full Version : A dip for all seasons:

ArmorArmadillo
2007-08-26, 02:45 PM
I was poring over my beloved copy of MoI; and a thought occured to me:
Is there any class (other than full arcane casters) that shouldn't take two levels in Totemist?

Scout/Rogue/Ninja/Spellthief: Manticore Belt allows multiple ranged attacks as a standard action, all allowing precision; not to mention other melds granting significant skill boosts.

Fighter/Barbarian/Paladin: Melds boost grappling to significant usability; High number of Secondary Attack soulmelds boost combat utility, Girallion Arms an excellent catch-all for powerful combos.

Monk: Remhoraz belt boosts natural attacks significantly, Flurry of Blows works excellently with secondary attack soulmelds; melds also boost grappling.

Druid: Melds stack with Wildshape forms, giving significant bonuses. Share Soulmeld feat doubles it for your animal companion.

Socerer: Take improved familiar, Share Soulmelds with your Familiar, take the familiar buffing spells, and use Lammasu Breath for an easy breath weapon for B-Weapon spells.

Cleric: Totem binds far exceed the utility of natural weapons for delivering R-Might damage.

Artificer: Okay, I got nothing here. But still as a whole, the Two Totemist Trainings are a pretty useful thing, eh?