PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Adventures in Middle Earth Wanderer Region ability clarification.

Nyan
2018-01-31, 04:38 PM
Hey so im planning on running a game with the adventures in middle earth books and with that I encountered a problem with the Wanderer skill that gives you 3+ Wis mod regions that you get a bunch of bonuses in and gives you advantedge on survival checks and so on.

The problem here is the word Region. No where in the books (at least that I can find) Never tells you anything about what is considered a region on the map or any list or anything.

I've looked up on different sites and again there are a bunch of different lists. Some say 27 and then others say less. But even on those sites that I look at they only shows the names and never show me exactly how big said region is in relation to the map.

So if there is anyone who can show me where in the books its explained or maybe a map that has the regions mapped with borders and what not that would be great.

GlenSmash!
2018-01-31, 05:15 PM
Hi, I'll give a shot at answering this, but you may have more luck on the Cubicle7 Adventures in Middle-Earth forums.

Do you have a physical copy of the Player's Guide or a digital copy? If you have a physical copy a color coded map including the regions is on the inside back cover. In the digital copy the maps are a separate file from the PDF of the Guide that would have been included in your download of the guide.

The Regions have highlighted names on the map like "Mountains of Mirkwood" "Heart of Mirkwood" "Northern Dalelands" etc. The Colors correspond to the difficulty level for journeying through those regions.

Nyan
2018-01-31, 05:37 PM
Hi, I'll give a shot at answering this, but you may have more luck on the Cubicle7 Adventures in Middle-Earth forums.

Do you have a physical copy of the Player's Guide or a digital copy? If you have a physical copy a color coded map including the regions is on the inside back cover. In the digital copy the maps are a separate file from the PDF of the Guide that would have been included in your download of the guide.

The Regions have highlighted names on the map like "Mountains of Mirkwood" "Heart of Mirkwood" "Northern Dalelands" etc. The Colors correspond to the difficulty level for journeying through those regions.

Okay so I got that map and so the color coded areas are the regions the wanderer gets to pick from yes? That solves my question thanks alot.

That makes alot more sense than what I thought first. Looking it up in wikipedia says that the entire wildlands or rohan is considererd a region which makes him able to essencially have advantage in the entire middle earth with that ability. Figured it was something else.

GlenSmash!
2018-01-31, 05:50 PM
Okay so I got that map and so the color coded areas are the regions the wanderer gets to pick from yes? That solves my question thanks alot.

That makes alot more sense than what I thought first. Looking it up in wikipedia says that the entire wildlands or rohan is considererd a region which makes him able to essencially have advantage in the entire middle earth with that ability. Figured it was something else.

Yeah, i remember thinking something like that.

"I have six known regions, so Mirkwood, Rohan, Breeland, etc." That would be pretty crazy.