PDA

View Full Version : What happened to GTA?

S@tanicoaldo
2018-01-31, 05:12 PM
So I went to my cousin's house today and her son was playing GTA, driving a flying delorean while entering a subterranean Bond villain like base, his friends were driving a tron bike while the other was flying a magical broom.

What the hell? Never felt so old, but I always like to present myself as the “cool and hype aunt” but I couldn’t hold my “Is that GTA? What the hell has this game become?”

And he went all "It's GTA online duh" And I was like ":o" are you guys aware of that? That GTA online is like super crazy?

Razade
2018-01-31, 05:28 PM
It had to keep adding things and it's easier to add silly stuff than another car that goes fast. Also people liked Saints Row for the same stuff, so Rockstar just did that.

factotum
2018-02-01, 10:49 AM
It had to keep adding things and it's easier to add silly stuff than another car that goes fast. Also people liked Saints Row for the same stuff, so Rockstar just did that.

More to the point, all those silly things they add have to be purchased with in-game money, and if people don't want to grind for days to get them, they have to purchase in-game money with real money. So, the more silly (and expensive) items Rockstar add, the more happy their accountants become.

Mikemical
2018-02-01, 04:23 PM
More to the point, all those silly things they add have to be purchased with in-game money, and if people don't want to grind for days to get them, they have to purchase in-game money with real money. So, the more silly (and expensive) items Rockstar add, the more happy their accountants become.

Pretty much. I stopped playing Online because I am not spending real money into GTA money, but since I have to grind my way up, I can't keep up with pre-teens driving around flying tanks paid with Mommy's credit card and get destroyed the minute I set foot out of my apartment.

GungHo
2018-02-02, 10:17 AM
I have no idea why they decided to make GTA Online into Saints Row Online (well, $$$, but you know what I mean). But, once you accept that it's actually Saints Row Online, you can progress beyond the cognitive dissonance.

Bohandas
2018-02-02, 10:37 AM
I left the series when it first went to 3d. Partly due to the silliness having been scaled back between GTA2 and GTA3. I'm glad to hear it's back in force but livid to hear it's back asbpart of a system of crap nickel-and-diming paid addons.

Anyway, I prefer Running With Scissors Games' Postal series to GTA now