PDA

View Full Version : Bartmanhomer D&D 3.5 Thread

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-31, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone. It's me again. This is the Bartmanhomer D&D 3.5 thread. A few people have suggested that I should make my own thread because I've posted multiple character sheets separately because I do play many D&D 3.5 games in PBP Sub-Forum. But in addition of D&D 3.5, I'm also planning on playing Pathfinder, Modern d20 and other games in the future. So the point of this whole thread that I post my character sheets so you can give me advice of how I build my sheet. You can criticized my sheet if you wanted to point out what I did wrong. So I guess that about it so far.

Psyren
2018-02-01, 01:09 PM
I actually think keeping them separate might be a better idea. If you ask "help me with my monk" then the folks interested in/experienced with building monks will go to that one, while if you say "help me with my beguiler" then those folks will go over there. Having them all in one thread just means that nobody will know which classes you actually want help with unless they read through the whole thing.

The advice you got might be aimed more at spacing out your requests for help a bit more so they don't come off as spammy, or at least prioritizing the builds you need more help with rather than asking for extra eyes on every single character you think of.

Florian
2018-02-01, 01:59 PM
I actually think keeping them separate might be a better idea.

No. In this case, it'll lead to spam.

Bartmanhomer
2018-02-01, 02:14 PM
Can the mods deleted this thread please. Thank you.

Psyren
2018-02-01, 04:05 PM
No. In this case, it'll lead to spam.

Only if he's excessive about it. It's about striking a balance between getting help and not being pushy/prolific.

Florian
2018-02-01, 04:15 PM
Only if he's excessive about it. It's about striking a balance between getting help and not being pushy/prolific.

Genosse, someone announcing to talk about 100+ characters and up, using Mythweaver and repeating the same mistakes, posting only level 1 characters, no builds as were used to? This should definitely be in one place.

Think about the difference between: This is My Drow Highpriest 20 build and this is my Drow Cleric 1 build ... and you'll understand my reaction.

Psyren
2018-02-01, 04:50 PM
I haven't seen all the threads you speak of so I might be missing context. But I've seen several folks ask for help on more than one character at a time across different threads before without issue. Up to the mods ultimately

Roland St. Jude
2018-02-01, 05:34 PM
Sheriff: Okay, I'm going to close this thread because it doesn't seem to serve a purpose. Also, I'm going to suggest a third route other than "post 100 character sheets in a single thread" and "post 100 threads on character sheets." That route is: don't post in any way about 100 individual character sheets.

This is a discussion forum. If there's some issue or substance that you have a question about, ask about that. Try to find an existing active thread on topic before making a new thread. "Active thread" means one last posted in within the last 45 days.

Make a new post when no active thread is on that topic. If you have to make a new thread, because it is truly a new topic, do so. But don't make a bunch of those in a short span of time - it gets spammy.